Old 07-18-2011, 01:51 PM   #1  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

S/C/G: 285/205/160

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up These Are A Few Of My Favorite.... PRODUCTS!

I know we should eat mostly whole foods, and I do--but I have 3 food product items I can't live without!

For me it's:

#1: Metamucil Fiber Wafers!
They come in "Cinnamon Spice" or "Apple Crisp".
Both are great, but the apple may be slightly tastier.
It's like eating cookies, and fills your tummy up bigtime, AND it's full of fiber so it's good times for your poo habits as well.
They are my breakfast every morning! And sometimes a guilt-free snack at night.
You get 2 cookies for 100 calories.

#2: Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges!
They come in "Light Creamy Swiss", "Light Garlic & Herb", "Light French Onion", "Light Blue Cheese", "Light Mozerella, Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil", "Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle", and "Light Creamy Swiss".
My favorite is the garlic & herb. I hate swiss cheese so haven't tried either of those, and the mozerella/sundried tomato was GROSS! I just tried the queso fresco chipotle last night and it was really good, and the french onion is ok. The Blue Cheese I just tried in this recipe, which was an AWESOME buffalo dip, but I didn't taste the cheese alone before mixing it in, so I can't say how it would be on crackers or something.
But the other flavors that I DO love are great spread on crackers or veggies, and I'm sure there's a million other ways to use them as well.
1 wedge is 35 calories!

#3: Special K Cracker Chips!
They come in "Sea Salt" and "Sour Cream and Onion"
I saw the ads on TV and the part that perked up my ears was HOW MANY you get to eat in a serving! So I picked up a box of sour cream & onion last night and they do NOT disappoint! And I didn't even eat a whole serving yet.. But when I feel a binge coming on, I KNOW these crunchy/tasty/salty little yummies are gonna save my azz!
For 110 calories you can eat 30 of the sea salt flavor, or 27 of the sour cream & onion ones.

So what products are YOUR must haves??
m3rma1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:15 PM   #2  

I like . . .

Trader Joe's reduced-carb tortillas (I'm not doing low carb, but these are only 45 calories each, and they can take the place of sandwich bread at times)

Organic Valley low fat, plain pourable yogurt (love making fruit smoothies with this)

Stonyfield Farm low fat frozen yogurt, creme caramel (YUM!!!) - This is almost too good to keep in the house.

Last edited by lin43; 07-18-2011 at 02:16 PM.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:19 PM   #3  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

S/C/G: 285/205/160

Height: 5' 6"

OH MY GAWD, I almost forgot!

#4: Chobani Greek Yogurt!
Mango is my favorite, which of course has higher calories than most of the other flavors. It's 160... But SOOOOO GOOOOOOOD!!! And the other flavors I've tried are all good too!
m3rma1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 174/164/140

Height: 5'5

Thanks for sharing, I love new ideas! Right now my favorite things are:
Special K meal bars (180 cals/10 grams protein)
carnation instant breakfast no sugar added (60 cals per pack/60 cals for milk)
No sugar added fruit cups (25-40 cals each)

ovwgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:11 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 8"

When I am going to be away from home, I love having

natural applesauce ~ 50 cals for 1 serving of 1/2 cup.

Great Value banana creme pie low fat yogurt ~ 80 cals for 1 serving of 6 oz
I add 2 tbsp of wheat bran which ads about 10 cals and alot of fiber
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:00 PM   #6  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I also love laughing cow cheese. Another cheese I eat every day is Weight Watchers string cheese. I'm not doing WW but this one is only 50 calories per stick and I usually have that with an apple as a snack.

Walden Farms ranch dressing. Zero calories can't be beat as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't taste like regular ranch but after a while, you kind of forget all about the regular. Gets me to eat my veggies, that's for sure.

I'm going to look into these Metamucil crackers. Sounds amazing!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 274/259/135

Height: 5'4

i second the laughing cow light cheeses!! Also, Pepperidge Farm bread (any of the 100calorie/slice ones) are really soft and dense and make me feel like I'm eating something bad.

Shirataki noodles (40calories a bag!) for days Im too high on calories

frozen mixed stir fry veggies
DCchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

-Kraft low calorie italian dressing (5 cal per tbsp), I put it on salads, use it for dip, season fish with it. I love this stuff.

-ANY kind of sparkling water. For some reason the fizz makes it more satisfying than just drinking ordinary water.

-Fresh Express Lite Caesar Salad kit, it's only 213 calories for the entire bag which leaves room for a grilled chicken breast on top. I could eat these every day.
LemonZest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 269/269/185

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCchick View Post
Shirataki noodles (40calories a bag!) for days Im too high on calories
I'm not familiar w/ these. Do they sell them in regular grocery stores? What section usually? What do they taste like? Can you sub them for pasta?

Thanks!
KatsLovinLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:16 PM   #10  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Just wanted to say that I really wanted to like the shiratake noodles but they just tasted very creepy to me. They stink like fish and you can rinse them out for a few minutes which helps with the stink factor, but I found that they pretty much ruin everything I try to put them into. However, let me say that everyone has a different pallet and while some are disgusted by my love for Walden Farms ranch dressing, I really am quite fond of the stuff. So if you haven't tried these noodles, I'd say they're worth an attempt. They do sell them in regular grocery stores in my neighborhood but you can also find them at health food stores as well.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:31 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Laughing cow cheeses. The blue cheese is good spread on crackers! I like the garlic and herb as well. Creamy white sauces for pasta is a good use for the garlic n herb as well. A touch of milk, a little parmasean cheese and a couple wedges make a fairly decent low cal sauce!

Kashi pita chips. They're not really pita chips, but they're quite tasty!

tomato juice for a potassium punch that is tasty!

greek yogurt! I now buy a couple containers a week and then a large regular yogurt container just because the greek yogurts are expensive. The greek ones are a treat!
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:07 AM   #12  
Miss October

S/C/G: 153/116.2/120

Height: 5'2"

My staples that I always have on hand...

Chobani plain greek yogurt. I love to add blueberries to it for breakfast.

Pineapple. I. just. love. pineapple! Though I try to eat local, I can't help but love a tropical treat.

Natural applesauce.

Natural peanut butter.

Some kind of whey protein powder (Right now it's CVS brand cookies and cream).

Mini Babybel cheese. So tasty! I love laughing cow!

Edy's fruit bars. The lime is so refreshing!

ETA: Emerald Coco roast almonds. They now come in 100 cal packs too!!

Last edited by CorinneIrene; 07-19-2011 at 08:08 AM.
CorinneIrene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:30 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 274/259/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatsLovinLife View Post
I'm not familiar w/ these. Do they sell them in regular grocery stores? What section usually? What do they taste like? Can you sub them for pasta?

Thanks!
Here you go! http://www.house-foods.com/tofu/tofu_shirataki.aspx

Yes, you can get them in Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Shoppers, and other stores (check the website) and you can use them like pasta. The texture is a little chewier. The best trick Ive learned is to BOIL THEM IN CHICKEN BROTH. Or half water/half chicken broth. Theyre in the refridgerated section
DCchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:32 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I like the Ezekiel bread; It's a little expensive at $5-$7 a loaf, but I use it for alot of things. sandwiches, spread of peanut or almond butter on a slice for breakfast, put some tomato paste and mozzarella cheese and pop in the toaster oven for healthy 'pizza' and I've been using it as a sub for buns for turkey burgers lately.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:09 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 267.8/211/150

Height: 5'2"

I love Nature's Own 100% whole wheat bread. It's only 50 calories a slice, and the slices are not smaller/thinner than regular bread, so it doesn't feel like "diet" bread. And it has 3 grams of fiber per slice, I think?

Another Chobani. Also, light mini Babybels and light string cheese of any brand.

Special K snack bars. I love the chocolaty pretzel ones.

I like Fiber One bars for breakfast. Only 140 calories and they fill me up for a good while.

No Sugar Added Klondike bars. 160 calories. Big bars. They're yummy and a heckuvalot cheaper than Skinny Cow/Weight Watchers ice cream stuff. And if you can handle making your own ice cream portions, Blue Bunny no sugar added has some really good flavors in the half-gallonish size.
Bac0s is offline   Reply With Quote