Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-18-2011, 09:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/274.8/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Mini Successes

1. I went to Chick-Fil-A the other day and made the choice to get a Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich with a fruit cup instead of the Spicy Chicken Sandwich or Chicken Nuggets with waffle fries. I really didn't think I would be able to go to my favorite fast food restaurant and make a healthy choice, but I did it. That meal came out to only 365 calories after I added a slice of fat free cheese to the sandwich. But the real success was just knowing I could make that choice.

2. Today was my first weigh-in day. I lost 0.2lbs in my first week. It's not much at all, I know, but any loss is a good loss. I'm so used to gaining, so I'm so glad I lost something since this week wasn't that great (only worked out two days and cheated on my diet several times). I know if I stay on plan this week, I can lose even more, but my ultimate goal is to just have a steady loss.

3. I did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred Level One today for the first time, and it kicked my butt! But I did it and pretty much stayed with the video, although I did have to stop early on the exercises sometimes.

Just wanted to share because I am feeling really positive about weight loss right now!
myfishpajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:41 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Excellent
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:45 AM   #3  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Chick-Fil-A is the only fast food place I can handle because I eat the same exact thing you ordered. And I did NOT miss the waffle fries or anything else greasy. OK, well -- I missed it a litle but after I ate my meal I was fine. Congrats for making a wonderful fast food choice!!

And I can almost bet that you lost more than .2 pounds. If you have been working out and your body is not used to it then it is definitely holding onto some water to help heal your muscles. So I wouldn't be surprised if this time next week you see a decent loss!

Congratulations!! Good job!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/139/135

Height: 5'4

Good for you! :-D I know it would be next to impossible for me to visit my favorite fast food restaurants and get something healthy. Mmmm, the golden and salty french fries! I do not know what I'll do in August when my nephew has his first birthday party at McDonald's. ::gulp::
KatieC87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'3

Congrats!! Keep it up!! and keep sharing b/c it makes me happy!
bellaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:31 AM   #6  

Thanks for all of the positive responses! We can do this!
Old 07-19-2011, 12:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Excellent choice! When this weight loss healthy life style is boiled down to the simplest term it would be "MAKE HEALTHY CHOICES"

You did exactly that. Congratulations!!

Larry,
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:49 PM   #8  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Congrats!!! Making healthy choices is truly what it's all about!!! You go, & keep on going!!!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:13 PM   #9  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Great job!!!

Yup, it's just one healthy choice in front of the other. You'll find that good feeling you have after making one is addictive. It gets easier and easier to make them until voila' you aren't really "cheating" anymore because you don't want to. I saw a thread recently about how anticipating that good feeling is a stronger motivation than the "bad" foods are themselves. Last night, for the first time in quite a while, I actually considered ordering a pizza. Then, I started thinking about how awful I would feel after I ate it and how good it would feel to know I passed on it and made a healthy choice. It did feel good and I made the right choice.

Keep up the good work!
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:08 PM   #10  
300+ Chick

Great job!! Keep on, keeping on!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:57 PM   #11  

Thanks guys!!! Loving the positivity!
Old 07-19-2011, 04:34 PM   #12  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks for the post- it really reminded me of something that I eaily lose sight of. All those little daily choices really add up- in fact, that's weight loss/lifestyle change is, choosing the healthier thing right now. All we have is the present moment and the thing we currently are (or are not) doing. I so easliy get caught up in the I'll-do-it-tomorrow, I'll-just-have-one, I'll-skip-that-last-mile mentality thinking these are insignificant, thinking as long as I'm "losing weight" it doesn't really matter what I'm doing right this second. I remember hearing Jillian Michaels screaming in someone's face on the Biggest Loser (I mean, what else would she be doing on that show ) saying "transformation happens right now!" So true.
tuende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:04 PM   #13  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

As I type this I am sitting at Panera Bread Company. I remembered this thread and had to come back and read it before I made a bad decision!

My salad should be ready shortly!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:03 PM   #14  

S/C/G: size 12/size 2-4/size 4

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
As I type this I am sitting at Panera Bread Company. I remembered this thread and had to come back and read it before I made a bad decision!

My salad should be ready shortly!
I just read this and chose to grab a cucumber to snack on rather than some chocolates that are within eye-shot of my cube. Haha.

To OP, great job!
christine123 is offline   Reply With Quote