PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Default PCOS diet suggestion. Please!!

Hey All!

I lost alot of weight by calorie counting....eating whole grains and etc, very healthy. BUT I have gained a little weight. I lost 120 and gained back 40. Anywho, my PCOS is back with a vengence. I still have periods But my hair growth is out of control. Waxing just ain't enough!! I know getting the weight back on track (but still lose more) will help. I will lose weight, see a Doc and then try laser hair removal. Well....any diet suggestions? Are there books you can recommend? What worked for you? Right now I am thinking of doing South Beach, anyone with success on that? Honestly, I am looking for some encouragement. I am trying to not get depressed. One with the weight gain and two my hormones getting out of whack! Thanks gang!!!
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:00 PM   #2  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

To be honest what works for me is exactly what you describe, low cal and low/smart carb. The thing is it has to be FOR LIFE! you can't just do it to lose weight then stop. Life happens and I commend you for losing all that weight before and maintaining it off! Gaining 40 lbs isn't that bad compared to what you could have gained so WTG!!! South beach, atkins those all work for soem ppl the problem with them is they are too low carb for someone with pcos, yes we need to be low/smart carb but we cant cut out too much because our brains and muscles need carbs for fuel. believe it or not if you are insulin resistant whole grains actually help that AND your heart too! Whatever you decide best of luck to you! I hope you find the perfect plan to perfectly fit you!
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:10 PM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I'm copying my answer from a recent post over there since it applies here too.

If it makes you feel better, I regains everything plus another 10 lbs. so it's like 90 lbs total! To me it is a success that you are stopping it at a 40 lb regain -- and stomping it back! You go!

HTH!
A.

Last edited by astrophe; 07-17-2011 at 06:11 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote