Old 07-16-2011, 03:41 PM   #1  

Talking NSV + Scale Victory + New goals

Hello everyone

Ive been on and off this site for a few years now and it seems like every time I hit a plateau I disappear (well cause I get discouraged from not being able to change my tracker, honestly). Anyway I hit 153 sometime early this year and then the scale wouldn't budge at all! Then I found out that my husband is being deployed and actually gained a few pounds. We are now 3 months into the deployment and I finally broke through my barrier...I went down to 153 by mid June and as of this morning I weighed in at 152.4! Boy am I excited to see this number; haven't seen it since 10 grade!

My non scale victory is that I finally weigh less than my husband. When I met him, I was 50 pounds more than he was! Ive lost some pounds, hes gained a few and now I am 2 lbs less than he is )) Is it wrong to be excited about that??

Im trying to re-dedicate myself to weight loss because I have a few goals in mind for the last half of this year. I want to reach 145 by my 25th birthday in late September and hopefully be in the 130s by the time by husband gets back from his deployment.

Any words of encouragement will be greatly appreciated
LiLLy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

Congrats on the Loss and the NSV! It's not wrong at all to be excited about that, everyone has small goals like that! It makes it worth all the work!
Growing up in a military family I know how hard deployment can make things on you, you're doing Great regardless!!!
I have full faith that you can meet your goals by the time hubby gets home!!!
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:57 PM   #3  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

High five! You're doing awesome! I think it would be SO easy to let something like your husband's deployment get you down and I LOVE how you are using it to help you set goals. That will be awesome to hit your goal and have your husband come home to the new and improved you. Way to find the sliver lining, girl!
tuende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 201/173.8/130

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLLy19 View Post
Hello everyone

Ive been on and off this site for a few years now and it seems like every time I hit a plateau I disappear (well cause I get discouraged from not being able to change my tracker, honestly). Anyway I hit 153 sometime early this year and then the scale wouldn't budge at all! Then I found out that my husband is being deployed and actually gained a few pounds. We are now 3 months into the deployment and I finally broke through my barrier...I went down to 153 by mid June and as of this morning I weighed in at 152.4! Boy am I excited to see this number; haven't seen it since 10 grade!

My non scale victory is that I finally weigh less than my husband. When I met him, I was 50 pounds more than he was! Ive lost some pounds, hes gained a few and now I am 2 lbs less than he is )) Is it wrong to be excited about that??

Im trying to re-dedicate myself to weight loss because I have a few goals in mind for the last half of this year. I want to reach 145 by my 25th birthday in late September and hopefully be in the 130s by the time by husband gets back from his deployment.

Any words of encouragement will be greatly appreciated
Totally not wrong to be excited about that :P

You. Are. Awesome!!!!!!!!!

There is no reason you cant get there by September! Can't wait to see the goal pics!
lovehopefaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:29 PM   #5  

Thank you so much ladies for the support )

I never thought I was an emotional eater, but this deployment really showed me otherwise. So now I'm conscious about when I want to eat, and when its just the emotions talking. I started to keep a food journal and track everything that goes into my mouth. It can be a bit time consuming but so worth it for me.
LiLLy19 is offline   Reply With Quote