South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 06:22 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Wednesday, July 13

Good morning. My windows are dripping wet with humidity this morning and I am NOT taking coffee out on the deck with the doggage. We've been really hot with t-storms around (according to Disney) but not a drop of rain. It looks like this will continue into next week - typical Delta Fair weather! I've been hand watering my veggie garden and am going to put the soaker hose on the front foundation plantings this morning. That's fine for me but the poor farmers really need rain. Good haying weather though - if your machinery has AC.

Early morning is the time to get stuff done. By ten yesterday I had the schoolwork all sorted and ready for judging and was back home in the AC. I'll do my running around early this morning too and do some meal prep in the cool of the house when I get home. I'm still plugging away at audit and tax stuff, one piece at a time! August is going to be my "vacation" so I need to put all these "niggles" to sleep soon.

I hope the hump in your hump day isn't a big one.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruth, and those to come.

We're finally going to get some relief from the heat wave today, or at least the humidity will be going down. This weather's been giving me headaches!
We may get some much, much, much needed rain this afternoon. Like Ruth, most of the storms have been going around us, and we've only been getting a brief shower instead of the soaking rain we need so badly.
I had a happy NSV this morning when I tried on a pair of brand new white shorts that had been in my closet for 2 years, and they slid right on.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:33 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Hi Ruth,
Thanks for getting us started. I popped in earlier and then got my exercise over with. Frustratingly, they changed our exercise tv on demand programming (and channel!) so I had a hard time finding my shows and one seems to have been permanently removed...grrr. Oh well - at least I was able to find an acceptable replacement.

We've decided to extend our weekend visiting my parents to Friday night too. Since my parents would rather we didn't stay in their home (god knows what goes on there!) we were already going to stay in a hotel on Saturday night - they did agree to chip in this time. But to get up and drive 3 hours on Saturday morning is exhausting for my husband (who drives for a living), and plus he will have to deal with me being very emotional and possibly fights between my parents and I (he is a peacemaker in this equation), so we decided to see if we could get a priceline deal for Friday that is halfway between home and my parents - and we did. So, we were able to schedule things to have two short visits with my parents over the weekend, rather than just one long visit on Saturday. So we'll be able to get some pool time at each hotel as well as some relaxing time.

On tap for today: work, and tonight I'll start figuring out how to prep for the weekend. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-13-2011, 06:39 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I actually woke up in the middle of the night and immediately noticed the humidity had dropped here. Yesterday was pretty awful. I'm going to bring my bathing suit with me just in case it's warm again. Every day I drive by great swimming holes and I think it's time to stop at one!

Ruth - I was just telling DW I have to get that hose hooked up tonight. A month ago I was sure we just wouldn't need it this year

Cottage - Wow, congratulations on you NSV shorts accomplishment! Bet that was a good feeling

Matilda - Your weekend plan actually sounds like it will be a lot more manageable and pleasant for your family.

I like sleeping in until 6 rather than 5 but it definitely leaves me less time for visiting in the morning. Happy Hump Day everyone
Old 07-13-2011, 06:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth - enjoy the a/c! (I don't have any )

Cottage - Congrats on the white shorts! WOO HOO!!

Matilda - Glad you decided to go half way...that really does make it easier. I'm always scared to try Priceline, etc...do you have good luck with those? Ever get a bad hotel?

Cyndi - definately bring the swimsuit, hope you get to use it!

The radar shows rain, although the forecast does not (and accuweather is based here, go figure). The kids get to go to Children's day at art's fest, I'm not sure they'll make it there! (Darned, I realized I should've invited Cottage out...do you like art festivals, cottage? There's two at once here!)

I get to go to work, and then my first PT appointment. I'm looking forward to getting info on how to stay injury free, the dr. was pretty worthless on the aspect. I am humored that I get better histories/instructions on my patients then some human doctors do!

Eating has been pretty good! Have a great day!
Old 07-13-2011, 07:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

I'm thirsty Fasting this morning for my semi-annual bloodwork to monitor my cholesterol. Normally I'd be drinking a lot while sitting at the computer. Teens sleeping in basement so I'm on the laptop. I won't miss that when my nest empties! Or maybe I will. Gave my son yesterday to "recover" from his trip but today will start nagging about shopping for college since next week he gets his wisdom teeth out. Working out with my mom later this morning. That's about it.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:56 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Matilda, I think your plan of stopping midway between your home and your parents is a great idea. It will help you all relax and relief some of the stress of your visit. I do hope all goes well and you have a pleasant weekend, though.

Cyndi, enjoy your swim today! I'm glad you're going to take the time to stop for some "me" time. We all need to remind ourselves to do that more often. Life is too short.

Karen, there are some days when I'm glad we're empty-nesters, but I really miss the days of having my kids at home. Did your son enjoy his trip?

Twynn, I do enjoy art festivals! When is it and where? I do have this weekend free..............

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 07-13-2011 at 07:59 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:56 AM   #8  

Height: 5'8"

Twynn, I have great luck with Priceline. The key is to first figure out what levels Priceline consideres the various hotel in the areas you want to stay, and then bid only on the levels that have hotesl you would consider staying in. One time we got a Marriott Residence Inn that I found very grody and it was definitely not the star level they made it out to be...I took pix etc. and emailed and called them about it and got a refund. Otherwise, they really don't refund. I usually book only 3.5 and 4 star hotels through them and the savings is enormous.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:01 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

just dropping by to say hello. I have been busy getting as much ready as I can for DD and grandson. They are on the road, I will sigh relief when they are here. She is driving alone with grandson and dog and each day is about a 10 hr drive. I can't wait till they are here but it does have its moments. The moment she arrives she turns back into a teen. I don't know when they are leaving but we have our trip to Paris and the Alsace coming up on September 1st. I also have to buy a new wardrobe.
Sending you all my best.
take care
Sophie
Old 07-13-2011, 09:15 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth glad you are getting the niggles done so you can have August free.

Cottage hope you get the rain you need we have had more than our fair share that is for sure.

Cyndi glad you got to sleep in an extra hour

Matilda- that sounds like a great plan for the weekend.

Twynn- good look with your first PT appointment.

Karen- hopefully bloodwork will be good.

Sophie-

Me yesterday got some of my work done still have a ton to do but atleast it is started now. Yesterday took DD2 to Dentist and they want Ortho eval since her mouth seems to be too small for all of her adult teeth coming in. Sigh another expense to add. We were going to try and fit in a mini vacation but it doesn't look like my schedule will allow until first week of August so I am not sure we will do anything. I said we can plan for a week long vacation maybe to Colorado for around Christmas time.

Okay back to work. Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:31 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Ruth, thanks for getting us started and reminding me it's Wednesday. I can't keep track. It's never humid here but I can always relate from my time spent in Hawaii and Hong Kong. It sounds like you're busy but at least you have a vacation in your future….actually me, too.

Linda, I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get rain. Actually, it looks like we finally aren't getting any today...maybe it's finally reaching you. Yay! for new white shorts that fit!

Matilda, hmm...I deleted the email about channel changes already...perhaps I should have read it. Kirk would sympathize with your DH-he's always in the middle here. Your plan for a hotel sounds like a great idea, especially with a pool involved.

Cyndi, gosh, it's been years since I thought about just popping into a swimming hole. Usually they're a bit chilly here. Hope you find one!

Twynn, I hope you get some answers from your PT.

Karen, have a great workout with mom (I'm remembering it's not Friday)

sophie, glad you got to drop by. Boy I'm so impressed with your ticker. I'm at where you started. I hope the journey is safe for DD and GS.

Pearlrose, ouch for dentists and $$. Oh boy, Colorado...maybe we can have lunch.

everyone else!

Busy day here, I leave shortly for an eye appt with mom. I'm going to try to get to the dump first...I have a pile of metal and junk I hauled out of her garage yesterday. I've decided to try and get a few things done in my office first.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-13-2011, 09:52 AM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all!!!!

Ruth - I am "telecommuting" today so I have the AC cranked too! Stay cool.

Cottage - Awesome NSV girl!

MMc - They changed our cable lineup too. It blows!

Cyn - STOP AT ONE!

Twynn - Good luck at PT!

Waisting - I hope the bloodwork goes ok and you can drink something soon!

Sophe - yay for new wardrobes!!!!

Pearl - just think though, she'll have to thank you for the rest of her life for her beautiful smile (my parents STILL bring it up 20 years later!)

Lex - have a good day with the errands!

I am at home today. Writing my first grant report and am not happy about it. My boss is on vacation so I am a writing machine. Recovering from a cheese incident yesterday (ooopss) but not bad for my last day on Ph 1!!

Last edited by jenne1017; 07-13-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Good morning Chickies! I start work on 8/1 and there's someone talking to me about another job!
Old 07-13-2011, 06:06 PM   #14  

S/C/G: maintaining

Linda - I think he did. Hard to tell with a teen who doesn't say much. Woo hoo on your shorts!!!
Closed Thread