Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 07:21 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default IP Daily Chat- Tuesday, July 12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday:IP Daily Chat- Monday, July 11
Old 07-12-2011, 07:36 AM   #2  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Good morning, all. I have a vicious cold... Have to get ready to take the train to NY and have my team building event tonight. Since I will be taking meds, that's my perfect excuse for skipping the wine tasting. However, the other part is a cooking contest. I will see how I feel and make sure that I wear gloves if I do cook for others. I just hope that they will have some IP=-friendly ingredients in the kitchen. I get back tomorrow night, but probably won't have time to post until late tomorrow or early Thursday.

I hope everyone has a good day... and that you all feel better than I do right now.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Good morning, all. I have a vicious cold... Have to get ready to take the train to NY and have my team building event tonight. Since I will be taking meds, that's my perfect excuse for skipping the wine tasting. However, the other part is a cooking contest. I will see how I feel and make sure that I wear gloves if I do cook for others. I just hope that they will have some IP=-friendly ingredients in the kitchen. I get back tomorrow night, but probably won't have time to post until late tomorrow or early Thursday.

I hope everyone has a good day... and that you all feel better than I do right now.
Great job...you have really done very well...I love taking the train to NY..
Hope your cold just goes away...
Old 07-12-2011, 08:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Default Bridal Expo

Good Morning Everyone..Wow the clinic is going great..and people are losing weight. I'm so excited!
This weekend I'm going to a Bridal Expo here in San Antonio and set up a booth. Hopefully I can help the brides out there that want to look special for that day. Also members of the bridal party that want to slim down and
get in top shape. Wish me luck I just believe in the program so much I want to share the love..

Have a great IP day and remember to start moving some..take a little extra walk.. do a stair step during commercials..just get out and move enjoy the new bodies your getting...

This last weekend we had a guide and went Bay fishing..what a great time..and now I have Bay Trout Fillets in my freezer...yummmmmyyyy.

Last edited by JudoGirl; 07-12-2011 at 08:12 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 235/165/135 (IP 165/151.5/135)

Height: 5'4"

I broke down late yesterday afternoon and called my doc's office. I went to see him after I got off work and he has added another supplement into my routine and increased my intake of one other. I hope this gets me to feeling better. Other than my headache, I feel really good! This is day 8 on the diet for me and so far so good - no cheating! We had a retirement reception yesterday and I wasn't even tempted to have any of the refreshments. I hope everyone has a fantastic OP day

Last edited by cadenlevi; 07-12-2011 at 08:20 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:23 AM   #6  

This week can't get over soon enough. I've been up and down since last weigh in and I just can't seem to keep a loss. I was up again this morning which puts me at a .6 loss so far and my weigh in is Thursday. I'm really hoping to at least hit 3 pounds a week but that probably won't happen this week. Next week I'm going to try harder to stay away from the darn scale. I am just getting so frustrated!

On a side note, I looked on the calendar where I record my weight and I noticed I started to lose a little in Feb. I am now 22 pounds less than where I was when I started that diet. I lost 3 pounds the month of Feb and was probably as happy as can be about it. I gained it back and started again in April and the cycle just continued. Up down but I've never been where I am now in all of 2011.

Isn't it funny how those 3 pounds that month made me happy but not losing 3 in a week now makes me a crab!? Still holding out that I've lost inches. And waiting for someone new to notice.......
Old 07-12-2011, 08:52 AM   #7  

Good morning all, I got up early so I could eat my IP breakfast omelet a few hours before I weigh in today. I don't want to get in the habit of starving myself on weigh in day. I did that forever on WW and I don't want to do it again. It is what it is. What do you all do on weigh in day? Do you continue to eat and drink your water before weigh in, or do you curtail it somewhat?
Old 07-12-2011, 08:57 AM   #8  
Elissa

S/C/G: 191/145/135

Height: 5'5"

where are you from in saskatchewan? (from yesterday)

I'm located in Regina Ray, what about you?

Elissa
Old 07-12-2011, 09:08 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 187.6/156.4/150

Good morning everyone Today is weigh in day for myself as well Sandy. I go at 9am so I usually have my breakfast after my appointment. I am hoping to make it into the 150's today. We shall see All I know is that I am feeling sooooo much better about myself and have really enjoyed the program so far. My family has been so supportive of my weight loss and my husband has been my biggest support. I've been buying new, "smaller" clothes as I go through this journey (everything on sale of course) to reward myself along the way. I really feel like I am "me" again!
I wish everyone a great IP day!

Last edited by Shanelle; 07-12-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:10 AM   #10  
Elissa

S/C/G: 191/145/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Good morning all, I got up early so I could eat my IP breakfast omelet a few hours before I weigh in today. I don't want to get in the habit of starving myself on weigh in day. I did that forever on WW and I don't want to do it again. It is what it is. What do you all do on weigh in day? Do you continue to eat and drink your water before weigh in, or do you curtail it somewhat?

I continue to eat normally on my weigh in days, however an hour or two before my weigh in I stop eating/drinking - honestly a big glass of water can give you false results. I normally have my appointments at either 9:30am or 11:30am - I always have my breakfast before I go.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:11 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanelle View Post
Good morning everyone Today is weigh in day for myself as well Sandy. I go at 9am so I usually have my breakfast after my appointment. I am hoping to make it into the 150's today. We shall see All I know is that I am feeling sooooo much better about myself and have really enjoyed the program so far. My family has been so supportive of my weigh loss and my husband has been my biggest support. I've been buying new, "smaller" clothes as I go through this journey (everything on sale of course) to reward myself along the way. I really feel like I am "me" again!
I wish everyone a great IP day!
Good luck to both of us today Shanelle at weigh in! I go at 10am so it's a little long to wait for breakfast. I can hardly wait to get to the 150's myself. We will have celebrate with you when you make it!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:23 AM   #12  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
My weigh ins every week are at different times one week it is 2:00pm and then next 5:00pm. So I have been just doing the normal eating and drinking... I usually drink a 16oz of water on the way to the wi as it is an hour drive and I don't seem to be able to not have anything to drink during the trip. So I get there and go to the bathroom then go and get weighed in. the 2:00 pm I have my lunch at 12 and have my water throughout the day... I figure the results will even out over time.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:27 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!

Sandy, I usually eat/drink like normal on weigh in days, although yesterday I found myself not drinking enough water throughout the day. I agree with LaLibE, I won't eat/drink 2 hours before weigh in, which is Monday's at 5:30pm for me :/

Yesterday was weigh in #9 and I lost another 2.8!!!! wheeee I had a good chat with my clinic's owner. I talked about potentially doing a bar (restricted) every other day and she didn't like that. She said, you know down the road if I plateau, but I am losing steadily and should keep doing what I am doing. She grounded me. I was being a little ridiculous lol. Whining about not losing more, but it averages to 3lbs a week, which is where I should be. I agree with "It'sabouttime", I have never had more success than I do now, so why mess up what I am doing. I am however going to be walking daily (hopefully) which my clinic said would be great. So, hope you all have a great OP day and week!!! I have a wedding in NYC this weekend!!! yipee
Old 07-12-2011, 09:31 AM   #14  

Good luck to all of those who have weigh ins today!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:32 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 192/177/150

Height: 5'2"

[QUOTE=JudoGirl;3932412]Good Morning Everyone..Wow the clinic is going great..and people are losing weight. I'm so excited!
This weekend I'm going to a Bridal Expo here in San Antonio and set up a booth. Hopefully I can help the brides out there that want to look special for that day. Also members of the bridal party that want to slim down and
get in top shape. Wish me luck I just believe in the program so much I want to share the love..
QUOTE]

JudoGirl, I am a bride on IP to slim down for my wedding. If your brides need a refrence, I would be happy to share my experiance. PM me to get my email. I have lost 15 pounds in 5 weeks and I know that others have lost more, but I am really happy with my results so far. I think this is a great diet to slim down for an event. The event gives you the motivation you might not have had otherwise. Good luck at the Birdal Expo. PS I love San Antonio, such a beautiful city and the people are so friendly!
Closed Thread