Old 07-11-2011, 11:00 AM   #1  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Default Anyone else having this issue?

I keep falling off plan. About once a week, I'm just surrounded by people eating what they want and I lose my edge. I feel so deprived at times!

I started a mantra: "If I don't give in, I will be thin!"

It worked one night, not the next. I lost 12 to 15 pounds and now I'm stalled out because I keep giving in. It's just OBSESSIVE...I feel so deprived, I feel so hungry or some sort of thing.

Does having a buddy help> and how can I get someone to help and that I can help?
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 211.4/204.4/140

Height: 5'4"

I keep asking myself if I want it bad enough? This will take sacrifice and deprivation but I find that this is alot faster than Weight Watchers and in that way I just have to ask myself "do I want more food or do I want the weight off"? It's hard, but I think I've learned that I need to honor self promises first. This is for a time and a season, it will be worth the state of uncomfortable we re now in.
Find a distracting hobby. I take the dog out and play with her, or I knit to keep my hands busy.
I know you can do this, find something that motivates you and make it the thing you focus on all day.
Wrecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:13 AM   #3  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels..." I always tell myself that. Also, make sure that you are prepared. If you have something to eat (that is allowed) whenever other people have things, you feel less deprived.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:22 AM   #4  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

I find social eating to be the hardest. The only way I can handle it, is to plan ahead before I go there. Figure out what you are going to eat and drink before you go. I have gone to a wine tasting party and sipped water in a wine glass.
Yes, you feel deprived..but I keep focusing on waking up the next morning and looking for a weight loss. I also tell myself that this is only temporary.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:26 AM   #5  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Eye on the prize...eye on the prize...eye on the prize.
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:26 AM   #6  

I plan plan plan if I'm going to be around others. I've had 4 parties since doing this in 3 weeks and I haven't gotten off plan once! I bring pickles for is they are having chips because I get salty and crunchy also. I schedule my bar around if they might have cake so I get something sweet. I also have a shake in the afternoon so I chug it before I go so I'm full. And water is key. I drink from 120-140oz and never even want to eat. I don't feel deprived though and this is the first time ever. I feel so much better without all the crap so I tell myself I'm the one winning. It's a mind game. You can do it!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:27 AM   #7  

Oh and my problem used to be eating in private before this diet. Now I tell myself, "What you eat in private shows in public!"
Old 07-11-2011, 11:30 AM   #8  

Pickles have REALLY helped me out too. I don't go anywhere without them in my purse. How silly is that?! LOL
Old 07-11-2011, 11:39 AM   #9  

I pulled cauliflower out of my purse at the bar one night when my husband's band played. I was embarrassed at first but after that thought screw them if they want to say anything about me eating healthy. Everyone thought it was hilarious. I have pickles in the cooler where ever we go too.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:39 AM   #10  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Shear determination and willpower. I am in an office where there are snacks and snack days and lunch get togethers all the time... I come prepared, I have my drink and my veggies, and if there is nothing I can eat available that is what I eat. If your friends don't understand that for now you can't have certain things, they aren't really being supportive and that isn't good. My friend when we go out always asks is there something you can eat at this place or that? It is always good to have good friends that support you. You need a helping hand, do you have a Iphone? take a picture of yourself now and a picture of someone you want to look like and every time there is a temptations have a look at those pictures... I also think you have to be in the right mind set for this kind of diet... I decided there will always be food around that I can't eat so I didn't get rid of any of it, I have a candy jar in my office and chips in my cupboard at home... Since Feb haven't touched either... and am proud of it. You can be too.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:57 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Shear determination and willpower. I am in an office where there are snacks and snack days and lunch get togethers all the time... I come prepared, I have my drink and my veggies, and if there is nothing I can eat available that is what I eat. If your friends don't understand that for now you can't have certain things, they aren't really being supportive and that isn't good. My friend when we go out always asks is there something you can eat at this place or that? It is always good to have good friends that support you. You need a helping hand, do you have a Iphone? take a picture of yourself now and a picture of someone you want to look like and every time there is a temptations have a look at those pictures... I also think you have to be in the right mind set for this kind of diet... I decided there will always be food around that I can't eat so I didn't get rid of any of it, I have a candy jar in my office and chips in my cupboard at home... Since Feb haven't touched either... and am proud of it. You can be too.
I like you're style! You're tough! Way to go
Old 07-11-2011, 02:38 PM   #12  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

YES me!!

I started in March and was extremely motivated and had no need to cheat. If I red this question a few months ago, I would have said what the other posters have said. Now that I have fallen off the wagon I am in a different frame of mind.

I am aware of my loss,and very proud of it, but at the same time I can't seem to stop myself from cheating. I wake up everyday and say "today I will be 100% OP" then around 8pm I seem to cave. My wedding is on July 23 and I am under A LOT of stress right now, so I know this is part of the reason I am cheating. I am not making excuses for myself, I know I have to kick myself in the butt to keep motivated, but it is very hard.

For those of you who have not cheated DONT!! It was SO much easier to follow before my first cheat.

so far today has been good, let's hope it continues.
Shrinking Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:51 PM   #13  
sunshinedaydream1

S/C/G: 174/157/130

Height: 5'2"

Being out and around other people socially is really hard! But my mantra since I started IP is "I can only control myself." My husband and daughters have been really supportive too. When I'm tempted to cheat they jump in and say "don't do it Mom!" I have had a couple of weekends where I chose not to stay OP - both were music festivals where we were camping and couldn't take food or drink into the venue thus making it really difficult (we were in the venue from noon to 11 p.m.). Both of those times as soon as we got home I was completely back on program and continued my weight loss. I also haven't been quite as social as usual on the weekend because it's easier for me not to be tempted. Sometimes you have to forgive yourself and get right back on program. Life isn't always perfect!
sunshinedaydream1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:18 PM   #14  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinking Sandra View Post
YES me!!

I started in March and was extremely motivated and had no need to cheat. If I red this question a few months ago, I would have said what the other posters have said. Now that I have fallen off the wagon I am in a different frame of mind.

I am aware of my loss,and very proud of it, but at the same time I can't seem to stop myself from cheating. I wake up everyday and say "today I will be 100% OP" then around 8pm I seem to cave. My wedding is on July 23 and I am under A LOT of stress right now, so I know this is part of the reason I am cheating. I am not making excuses for myself, I know I have to kick myself in the butt to keep motivated, but it is very hard.

For those of you who have not cheated DONT!! It was SO much easier to follow before my first cheat.

so far today has been good, let's hope it continues.
That is so it...around nighttime, when I get to relax and settle in, I crave big time. I like alot of the suggestions here and will try them. I don't like "white knuckling" so much, but when I don't cheat, I wake up MUCH HAPPIER!!!!! YOuu, too?
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:31 AM   #15  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Many nights when I am drinking water and more water..that is what keeps me going, I will wake up much happier!
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote