General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-08-2011, 08:57 PM   #1  
Edge Of Glory

S/C/G: 350/See Ticker/199

Height: 5'8"

Default Getting paid to gain weight?

Well I was just browsing around and checking my horoscope when I came across this article:

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2011/07...-eating-a-lot/

It immediately caught my attention because even though I had heard about "feeders" and such, it just shocked me to actually come across one. Anyway, this woman apparently makes $100k a year running a website in which members pay to see her eat, and "squash" and basically see her gain weight. She actually says that her 4 year old daughter helps her shop, cook, and feeds her as well. She also claims to want to GAIN another 300 pounds so that she can hold the world record for world's most obese woman, and is also looking for a partner to help support her career.

Thoughts? Comments? BTW, this is in no way meant as a bashing thread. I just found this to be astonishing since it's the first I'm truly seeing it. I mean, to each their own and all, but wow... just wow....
VirgoChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 333/T/190

Height: 5'4

I'm sure i'll regret asking this but I am too curious and to scared to google it. What is squashing?
abbysue715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:08 PM   #3  
Edge Of Glory

I wasn't sure what it was either, but I was curious and went to her website and checked out the "free tour". Apparently squashing is her sitting on people? There was a picture of her sitting on some guy - not exactly sexually though it seems. Just sitting on him....
Old 07-08-2011, 09:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

This is repulsive ! The world is full of weird people !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:35 PM   #5  
Edge Of Glory

I'm thinking about it now and I really hope this post isn't inappropriate!

Besides that, I just find it extremely worrying that she openly admits to using her 4 year old to help her gain weight.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:37 AM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

There are people with odd fetishes all over the world. I've seen...well... I won't discuss the things I've seen, but trust me they aren't for the faint of heart.

This one gets to me only because there are children involved.

If she were alone with only adults I might just shrug it off, but getting a child involved is like... asking your kid to go buy you drugs or a beer so you can sit at home and enjoy your addiction. You just don't do that.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 180 / 168 / 120

Height: 5'3"

I saw this same lady on the news about a year ago. At that time she had a boyfriend that was also encouraging her to eat more and gain more weight. He would go buy her all kinds of junk. It was at least better when it was an adult and she wasn't making her child do it. That is really sad and that little girl will later feel horrible about it.
MaryB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 128/124/115

Height: 5'5.5"

I saw her on a show on TLC where she talked about wanting to be 1,000 lbs. I remember one scene where her boyfriend was cooking her breakfast and asked her how many eggs she wanted and she told him to "just cook the whole dozen." And they also went to a Sushi restaurant and she ate a family-size plate of sushi and a mountain of chocolate cake for dinner. Yikes!

I read in that article she has diabetes and heart disease. I wonder if she realizes she is eventually going to die from what she's doing, leaving her daughter without a mom. Sad!
laurielou is offline   Reply With Quote