South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-07-2011, 10:44 PM   #1  

Default Bread in Phase 2?

I am lucky (or unlucky if you are a carb lover) to have a local baker that is in my building. It can be difficult because some days I can smell the bread baking!

He gave me a loaf of bread yesterday that he just made - he said that it is one he makes for people that are diabetic. First off it was the heaviest loaf I've ever felt - it is about 1/2 the size of a regular loaf. He told me that it was whole wheat flour, rye flour, lots of different seeds, no added sugar or corn syrup. He said I can come look at the recipe but it's very short and simple. He is an old time baker that just does a small amount at a time with no preservatives.

I think this is fine - this morning I had 2 little slices with peanut butter. I'm wondering how this fits into Phase 2?

Thanks!
mexigrl64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

The bread sounds like it should be fine for Phase 2. Just keep track to see how your body reacts to it. For some people, grains may trigger cravings.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/159

Height: 5'7"

The bread sounds great... I don't know how small your slices were, but keep in mind that a South Beach serving is 1 oz of bread, which is generally 1 smallish slice.

Definitely pay attention to any cravings... some people do really well with bread; personally, I can have a slice of WW toast at breakfast with some protein and not have any problems, but some people find they can't eat it at all.
1oftheLuvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:45 AM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1oftheLuvs View Post
personally, I can have a slice of WW toast at breakfast with some protein and not have any problems, but some people find they can't eat it at all.
This is me! I can't eat bread or WW pasta or I am craving it so I generally go to brown rice pasta when Ph2 comes about. But I avoid bread like the plague for the most part.
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:22 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

I LOVE bread and only really allow myself to have it if there just isn't another option, or if I have decided to cheat.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote