Old 07-05-2011, 01:02 PM   #1  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Default So glad I'm not one of *those* women...

I was at the doctor's office today to get an MRI done on my ankle. In the waiting room there was me, a really pretty slender female who was sitting to the other side minding her own. and an older woman who was maybe a little chunky but not fat by any means, loudly griping to her husband about how she had to buy a size 15 pants at one store and that she KNOWS she's only a size twelve... how she used to be sooo skinny...

then a little while later as the slender lady was leaving, she looks up at me and goes "skinny whores..." like i'm supposed to commiserate with her. i just frowned at her and went back to playing on my phone. thoughts like that rarely enter my mind unless the woman in question is doing something outwardly offensive. this lady was there to get a procedure done, checked out at the desk, and left. she didn't even speak other than to check in, and out, and confirm who she was. she did NOTHING to deserve that...and i am SO GLAD that i am not one of those bitter angry fat women who hates other chicks just because they are skinny.

i honestly felt bad for the mean lady and wanted to tell her instead of complaining about it, she should DO something about it!

btw, she left during the wait (they were running behind) after complaining about having to buy bigger pants... and came back with a wendy's bag.

people like that just make me sad.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/131 (for now!)

Height: 5'3"

Ugh, really! What a negative nancy. She kind of reminds me of the comedian Monique, who has that bit on skinny b*tches. However, I find her funny and good-natured, whereas the woman in your story just sounds horrible and bitter, like you said! Good for you for not siding with her skewed way of thinking!
elizabethyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #3  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Clearly her self-image issues run way past anger at this point. She has major problems she needs to work on and that's probably why she'll never lose weight.

To complain about skinny people and then suddenly go and buy Wendy's? That's just embarassing.

I would feel bad for her too. I feel bad because she doesnt have the willpower we have nor does it seem like she ever will.

Good on ya for ignoring her, I probably would've told her off, but I just have a bit of a temper with ignorant people! HAHAHA
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:14 PM   #4  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

thats where the line "Wow, did you just say that? Im so embarassed for you" comes in handy.

That's just uncalled for and you're right, that is really sad.
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #5  
small goals

S/C/G: 241/171/150

Height: 5'6"

Women are so much worse to other women than men are to other men. When will we learn we are all in this together and weight is such a small part of who we are. I yearn for the day when women don't instantly go into name calling mode about other women.
gonnadoitthistime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 246/230/150

I am new to the forum, but I too think that is a sad way to live your life. I mean why put others down? How does that woman know the "skinny" lady doesn't have problems gaining weight? I have a freind like that. She is very thin and it's because she has a medical condition. She works very hard to gain any weight she can.
Blondie1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:09 PM   #7  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Ugh. That's just ugly behavior.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 07-05-2011 at 03:09 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

Seriously??? A Wendy's bag?? People like this annoy the crap out of me. I'm sure whatever was in that bag will for sure help with her size 15 pants issue.

Debbie downer for sure!
Iianae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:42 PM   #9  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

And just because she is skinny doesn't mean she doesn't have body image issues, That lady was annoyingly mean. and skinny people may not be healthy people either.
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:55 PM   #10  
Made of Starstuff

That's just sad.

That other human being wasn't doing anything wrong. She was just minding her own business at a doctor's office.

How would old lady feel if she had been minding her own business and someone else said "fat *****" behind her back when she wasn't doing anything? Yeah, pretty darn offended and hurt. Calling people names isn't nice. I'd like to think most people learned that lesson in grade school.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:58 PM   #11  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

I find many woman like this. You are right. It really is sad. Personally, I'd rather be fat than be bitter...and sadly many woman who previously were fat become skinny and BITTER! Perhaps they feel they have to work HARDER than others to maintain their new SKINNYNESS! Whatever the reason....fat/skinny/whatever, we should all be happy with ourselves enough not to project our insecurities and self hatred on others.

*steps off soapbox*
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote