Old 07-05-2011, 12:10 AM   #1  

Default Blue Team Summer Meltdown Chat Week 6 (07/04-07/10)

Hi everyone,

Well I'm back from a mini vacation and it was good to get away. The weather was good as well.

Saw some good friends and we went to some fireworks for Canada Day

I hope all the Canadians had a great Canada Day as well and Happy July 4th to our American team members. Hope your all having a great day today.

Well we have our results:

Congratulations to our biggest losers for week 5

Biggest Loser:
brizza, -5.6lbs, -2.81%

Honorable Mentions:
Somni, -5lbs, -1.99%
bnhtla06, -3.5lbs, -1.73%
KayakGal, -2.4lbs, -1.19%

Well we lost 2 and had 8 Freebies used.

9 people are in danger of being eliminated next week so please make sure you are posting on time. If you have to put in your weight today and then edit it on Sunday you can at least you will have a weight put in.

Well it was a long day so I won't stay on long.

Happy Belated Birthday Vanessa

Last edited by Bigmid; 07-05-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:21 AM   #2  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

Thanks! I had a truly awesome week!!!

I am soooo greatful for this challenge... I was struggling at the end of last challenge and for the first few weeks on this one. I was at a plateau and knowing that you were all here for support helped me! The last time I was the weight I am now was back in 2004. I tried lots of other diets and never got below the 117kg mark. Last night I weighed in at 114.7kg. I feel awesome!!! I have so much more energy than I did back at the start of the year at 127.4kg. Last school holidays I sat around planning my meals, exercising when I felt like it. These holidays I have got stuck into household tasks that have been needing attention. I cleaned out my pantry yesterday, culled my linen press and reorganised. Today I got stuck into the wardrobe and sorted out my clothes. I have got rid of all winter stuff I havent worn because it is too big, and culled some of my summer/spring outfits because it will give me an OUT! I have worked out there are 9 weeks left of Winter for me! And I want to blossom in Spring! So I won't need the bigger sized bottoms and shirts. Cause I will never be wearing them again!!! I found a pair of pants I wore in 1998!!! They were a favourite of mine and I only wore them a couple of times because I got bigger. I kept them always hoping I could fit into them. I was 14kg lighter when I wore them. So that is my next goal. To fit into my old favourite pants and then to buy some new favourite pants! Woohoo!
Old 07-05-2011, 07:26 AM   #3  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

I had the first week in a long time that I lost less than 2.5lbs- only 1lb last week, and while it was a loss, it still bugged me that it wasn't more. I think a part of it was that I didn't drink enough all week long. We were at the park Monday, beach Tues., camping Wed-Fri, and I just didn't hydrate myself as needed. I'm back on track with my water consumption now.

TOM has arrived and I can always expect a whoosh after that, so hope next weigh in will be better.

Have a great week, everyone!
Old 07-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #4  
No excuses this time!

Congratulations brizza, Somni, bnhtla06, and KayakGal.

Way to go! What awesome results!!! I would love to be losing bigger numbers but I am happy each week with a loss. It is helping me get to my goals.

Beck - a loss is a loss and TOM may be affecting your weight.

I woke up this morning with TOM and usually when I am due I am bloated and have a small weightloss but this week I lost my second highest loss ever. WT? I still dont understand my body LOL

I had a second date tonight and I have come home really positive. We are meeting again on Friday night. We have been out 2 nights since the weekend and I have asked him over for dinner but stressed I want to take things slow... I am feeling really awkward/nervous/anxious with my size and being intimate with someone after sooooo long. I am hoping he heard me when I said dinner and taking things slow and not read into it when I said come over LOL

Hope everyone had a great July 4th weekend. Can't wait to hear what you all got up to.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:11 AM   #5  

Hi just wanted to say good morning and post results:

BLUE TEAM won for week 5.................GREAT JOB EVERYONE that's awesome as some of us posted gains and a lot didn't post so a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to everyone wiith losses this past week.

I'll be back later to post more must get to work on time
Old 07-05-2011, 05:41 PM   #6  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Summer has started out rough... I'm trying to get back on plan. You all are doing wonderful.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:22 AM   #7  
No excuses this time!

ERGHHHHHH! I feel awful - I havent felt this bad with my TOM ever... could I be coming down with something.

My periods are the heaviest they have ever been requiring clothing changes so far 3 times today... I feel like buying maternity pads. In fact if it continues tomorrow I will be!!! I wanted to go to the gym and I have no energy. I feel faint, and desperate need for red meat! Does anyone else get like this - cause I cant ever remember feeling like this! Does the feeling last for long? I am hoping I am not coming down with something!
Old 07-06-2011, 04:00 AM   #8  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

I have been following this challenge but was late to sign up. I'd really like to join as an unofficial member, would it be okay if I joined the blue team? I'll be weighing in tomorrow for this thread, but Sunday was at 206! My sw was 250 and that's when I left the hospital with my new baby on April 14.

Anyways, I'd love to give and receive support, if you'll have me! Thanks!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:35 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Way to go blue on winning week 5 I managed to post a gain last week and so far this weeks not looking good. I've been struggling the last week or two. I eat when I'm not hungry and have been eating way to many carbs. On a positive note I'm super excited to say I jogged 6 miles nonstop on Sunday morning. The most I had ever done is 4. Looking forward to going the distance again on Saturday.

Pac-we'd love to have you join our team. Congrats on the new baby!

Mum-I can't say that I've ever been through that. I hope TOM makes a quick exit.

Driven-I'm struggling too. Keep trying, we both will eventually get back on track.

Bigmid-glad to hear you had a nice mini vacation.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Way to go Blue team!
I hope you all had a great weekend and are back in the swing of things. I am happy to report that I managed to stay OP all weekend, and the scale shifted down today - a little bit, but a shift is great! Gotta keep hydrated and keep active!
Let's keepup the great effort all - we can do this! Winning three weeks in a row - AWESOME STUFF!
Old 07-06-2011, 12:38 PM   #11  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

Congrats blue team! YAY!!!

Hope everyone had an amazing weekend! Mom in law just left this morning. We had an amazing visit with her and did lots of fun stuff, but it's always nice to get back to the same old too.

Welcome Pacsunmama and congrats on the new baby!

YAY Laura for staying OP! Downward shift is good.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:07 PM   #12  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

dream and somni, thanks for the welcome!

I know it doesn't "count" but my sw for shadowing this challenge is 208.8. I have to do some major damage control from the weekend! I'm excited to get out of the 200's but I need to really step it up and work hard. I started the C25K program again yesterday. Last time I did it was about 6 years ago and after I was finished with the program, I joined team in training and ran a full marathon 6 months later!! Of course, I was 2nd to last, but I finished! I'd love to run a half marathon again, even though I hate running, I LOVE crossing finish lines. There's just nothing else quite like it!

Anyways, thanks again for the welcomes, and I hope I can help support and encourage you guys!
Old 07-07-2011, 09:51 AM   #13  
Healthier, happier ME

S/C/G: 261/261/160

Way to go Blue!!!!!
Congrats everybody on another win!! We rock!!

brizza, Somni, bnhtla06, and KayakGal - Congrats on the major weight loss! You're doing so great!!!

PacSunMama - Welcome! Of course we'd love to have ya join us! Congrats on the new bundle of joy in your life! Wow, a full marathon, huh? That's quite a feat! I hope you can get yourself in shape for doing something else like that again just in case you want to!

Dream - Keep with it girl! What an awesome accomplishment to jog 6 miles!! That's great!! Major NSV!!!

Laura - Way to go with staying OP! That's great!

As for me, I'm actually rather pleased with myself for keeping track of my food perfectly this week. I usually give up after a day or two of trying to track, but this week so far I've tracked everything every single day, so I'm feeling pretty good about that. lol

Also, I've been on the low side with my calories for the most part (not intentionally, I did try to hit them!) and I've been really active, so I'm really hoping it'll all show on the scale this week. We'll see! Even if it doesn't show on the scale though, I'm happy with everything I've done and I've been enjoying it, so it's all good!

Good luck this week my Blue Buddies!!
Old 07-08-2011, 12:48 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 255/192/125

Height: 5' 3"

The scale doesn't seem to be moving much, but I've had two NSVs today. First, I went in for an annual checkup and my bloodpressure is good and my irregular heartbeat seems to have found it's rhythm. Still waiting to hear about the cholesterol, but so far so good. 2nd, my son went off to look at headphones at the store and then couldn't find me (he's 15, so don't panic). He told me he thinks he passed me several times but didn't recognize me from the back because I look so much thinner than I used to. Now that's a good day!
Old 07-08-2011, 12:01 PM   #15  
Sue

Yeah Blue Team! I had a couple of good weeks but I think this one will be a bust. I don't think I will have to post a gain but I will be lucky if I have a loss. I am a little stressed so I tend to eat my stress away. I really can't exercise the stress away because my job involves constant walking and/or lifting. I will stop whining now. Sorry! I hope you all are having a great week.
Go Blue Team!