Old 07-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #1  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Injured! Please help =(

Hi everyone!

I injured my left foot on Thursday and it still hurts. I have high arches, and I think I know what's happened - instead of slowing down to a stop during a run I stopped suddenly and must've shocked my landing foot.

My arch really hurts, I can't walk very well, and sometimes I get this sensation in my foot that can only be described as running a finger along a stringed instrument...but in my muscles?

I've been icing it and talking pain killers, but I've got to walk around sometimes so I can't stay immobilised.

I'm training for a 10k, so this seriously knocks me out of my routine. I'm really gutted because I was SO excited to get going with the training, and on day 4 I injure myself and can't run any more.

I've tried walking, but after a while it becomes really painful. What's worse is that exercise is the way in which I lose weight - so I feel completely useless right now in terms of the weight loss side of things.

How long do you think it will take to heal before I can run properly again? Is my method of icing it on and off/trying to rest as much as possible right?

I've ordered proper running shoes with high arch support, so I'm hoping those will help in general as well as my running.

Any comments are appreciated! Thanks
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:48 PM   #2  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

First, you may not be able to run but I'd be doing things like boxing to still get in solid cardio workouts without impacting my lower body.

Have you been fitted for the right shoes for both your foot and your gait/stride? If not, I'd definitely be doing that before cracking open the new shoe box.

I'd approach the injury the same way as you....rest as much as possible and ice. Listen to your body and don't push through the pain. If you're just starting to train for the 10K, a week off to fully recover won't completely derail your training!

Hope your foot feels better soon!
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:09 PM   #3  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

You might also want to look into custom orthotics. I have very high arches and they have caused me a lot of problems which actually led to me needing foot surgery on both feet. You have to be extremely careful about the shoes that you wear and stuff...but custom orthotics have made a HUGE difference for me. It doesn't hurt me to walk around anymore or to run or any of that...and I haven't been hurting my feet anymore. You need to make sure you take care of your feet because if you don't you'll end up like me needing to have foot surgery...and I can't really walk around barefoot anymore because of it. If I had taken care of my feet when the problems began instead of letting it get worse and worse then I wouldn't be having all of the problems that I'm having now.
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote