Old 07-02-2011, 04:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW 268/ CW 202.4/ GW 150

Height: 5'1

Default What 1 food do you rely on?

I was making breakfast this morning and had a funny thought, without my greek yogurt (specifically the stonyfield farm vanilla) I don't think it would be as easy to eat "successfully". I don't really like most dairy, with the exception of a few cheeses, so hitting my GHG is always a challenge in that regard. Even with the yogurt I don't think I eat enough of it, but I eat more than I ever did before!

On top of that, its a quick easy breakfast for me and I was a girl who NEVER ate breakfast. Even when I don't want to make anything I know I can get up, toss some strawberries with yogurt and I'm off to a good start. Additionally a third of a cup tossed with sliced strawberries and bananas? A great treat when I what I really want is ice cream.

So I'm curious, is there one food helps you succeed?
patchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Every morning I have a smoothie: 1 frozen banana, 1 cup strawberries, 1 big handful spinach, 1 tbsp cashew butter, and 1/2 cup almond milk.

It basically starts my day off with 3 fruits/veggies taken care of, and I am usually good to go until lunch!
effie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/ 168/ STG 160/ LTG 145

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

I don't have just one food, I've got a few staples:

Breakfast sandwiches- whole wheat english muffin (or sandwich thin, which are both 3 pts), fried egg in 1 tsp oil (sometimes I add a 2nd egg white), with lettuce from my garden, and sometimes tomato, and 1 slice of canadian bacon (total 6 pts).

After workout protein "smoothie"- I have a huge batch of frozen bananas (went to the fruit stand and got their "too bruised" clearanced ones) so when I'm just having a quick protein drink I use 1/2 frozen banana, 1 tsp peanut butter, 1/4 c plain greek yogurt (I like Fage), 1/2 scoop chocolate whey protein powder, and just enough water to loosen it up. (total 4 pts)

But if I workout at lunchtime, afterwards I'll make a big "green monster" smoothie as my lunch (except I use 1 full banana, and 1 tbsn peanut butter) and include 2 fistfuls of spinach (which I've frozen into pre-portioned freezer baggies) and 3-4 frozen strawberries to the above protein drink (total 6 pts). It keeps me really full until dinner time, and it's totally healthy- I find I have more energy, and my skin clears up nicely when I do that several times a week.

Fuji apples... although I've discovered Jazz apples which are even sweeter and crunchier, but over twice as expensive. Yum. I've also stopped buying them (and other fruit) from Walmart/ grocery stores and started getting them from a local fruit stand. The grocery store stuff is so bland.

Athenos olive oil and roasted garlic hummus- 1 tbsn = 1 pt.

Black beans- they've become my go-to (along with mushrooms) since trying to go meatless. I love them over all other beans. I've been getting Bush's reduced sodium black beans, but I bought a bag of dried beans, prepared them in the crock pot, pre-portioned and threw them in the freezer, and I'll salt as needed. Way cheaper! 1/2 c = 3 pts

When I need to grab something on the road I get a Subway 6" double veggie sandwich with (light on the) oil, and vinegar. About 9 pts as long as the maker is easy on the oil and no cheese (or 6 pts without oil, vinegar, cheese). And my Subway doesn't charge for the extra veggies. Yay!

Last edited by girlsenberry; 07-02-2011 at 05:21 PM.
girlsenberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

It would definitely have to be Fiber One granola bars and more specifically the Oats & Chocolate variety. I would actually prefer these to candy bars.
Sunshine87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 221/146.8/142

Height: 5' 7 1/2''

My morning smoothie is definitely one of the things that keeps me going.

I also like the Smart Ones frozen dinners. I have one everyday for lunch.
trowter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5'6

quick cooking oats and milk.
Jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:03 AM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Oh goodness... If I had to pick just one for breakfast it'd be my 100% liquid egg whites. I can make omelettes, scrambled eggs, egg & cheese sandwiches, all sorts of great protein filled breakfasts while using 100% egg whites QUICKLY without needing to deal with eggs themselves.

It just ends up being one less thing to think about. Adds up!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: SW 268/ CW 202.4/ GW 150

Height: 5'1

Great ideas here! yay!

girlsenberry - your smoothie sounds delicious!
patchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

Im going to have to go with a nice stir fry. I can have it with or without chicken (i always choose chicken if i am going to have a meat). Wonderfully low in points and i can make a big plate if i am starving.
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 216/---/148

Height: 5'5.5"

Crystal Light. I especially like the energy (strawberry) flavor because it has 120 mg of caffeine in it and I work a lot so I'm always tired! I don't think Crystal Light is "healthy" for me but it's better than drinking 3+ points of a coffee beverage. I also like the hunger satisfaction (strawberry banana) Crystal Light. It is one point and has fiber. Definitely takes the edge off!

I LOVE Popchips, too. I was always a huge snacker (which resulted in becoming HUGE!) so these are a godsend. They taste fantastic. The only problem is that they are so spendy.

Greek yogurt is awesome as well! I take a little container of Fage, add some splenda and vanilla extract, stir, then add blueberries and drizzle with honey. It's a great, filling breakfast. Sometimes I like to toss in some of the Fiber One 80 calorie cereal! It's 2 points for 3/4 cup! Awesome!
ladyturk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:49 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

I'm also going to go with greek yogurt. And also oats. And special K. I love Points Plus because of the fruit and vegetables and I can have a bowl of special K with skim milk and a banana for 5 PP. In fact I think I might have that now.

I've also been eating a lot of soup (both store bought and homemade) since I started WW. It is quick and easy, filling, and usually pretty low in PP. I have it with a sandwich or those awesome lean cuisine spring rolls (yum) and sometimes a piece of fruit for a nice, balanced meal.
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:25 PM   #12  

Does anyone eat those Vita Muffins? Are they worth the points?
Old 07-04-2011, 04:27 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsenberry View Post
Does anyone eat those Vita Muffins? Are they worth the points?
I LOVE the vitabrownies with the nuts on top. I warm it and then put some whipped cream on. Like eating ice cream and cake! And as a matter of fact, I do the muffins the exact same way!

AS FAR AS MY FOOD THAT KEEPS ME ON TRACK....

I love GOOD AND PLENTYs! So I eat 1/2 serving of them each day as my treat. Only 2 points plus! I have the biggest sweet tooth (I'm a dental hygienist, go figure....) so I look forward to those little sugary confections!

*don't know if that counts as food though.

Last edited by toothlady; 07-04-2011 at 04:35 PM.
toothlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:35 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothlady View Post
I LOVE the vitabrownies with the nuts on top. I warm it and then put some whipped cream on. Like eating ice cream and cake!
Oh wow, that sounds so amazing right now.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:16 PM   #15  
Wishful shrinking

S/C/G: 266/235/160

The deep chocolate vitatops are yummy!

My one food is banana.
barbaramatafeo is offline   Reply With Quote