South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 06:57 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Weekend Chat - July 2 & 3

Good morning and Happy Long Weekend for my American chicks. Canada Day was celebrated in style around here with music, BBQ's and a fireworks display from Cow Island out on Big Rideau Lake. It was great to lounge on a deck chair on a pontoon boat and sip champagne watching the show. (I really should have been born rich!)

I'm off for a breakfast "date" with Ian shortly. (I'll explain Ian to you sometime.) After that we'll go to the Mill to buy bread since it's suddenly Saturday again. The rest of the day is clear except for making three loaves of sandwiches for a special Church service tomorrow with the Bishop making his farewell visit. I sure spend a lot of time prepping food for other people!

We are heading into a stretch of really warm weather so I'd better try to get some cool clothes organized. I did buy a couple of things lately but everything needs shortening as usual. I should make a rule that new things have to be shortened before they appear on my credit card statement!

Enjoy our mutual long weekend as we celebrate our two great countries!
Old 07-02-2011, 07:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Late night last night, and I slept in this morning. We went over to Dustin & Andrea's, where we had excellent views of the fireworks show from their front yard. The display was excellent with all the big booms and the sky full of colorful explosions, and I'm so glad we went. We took the long way home to avoid the huge traffic jam, and had no problems at all. And I stayed completely on-plan, just having coffee, despite all the snacky foods and drinks being passed around.

It's hot and sunny today, so I expect the pool will get a good workout from the grandkids this afternoon, and my oldest granddaugher is due home this evening, although I don't think I'll get to see her until tomorrow.

I need to finish my coffee, and Jake is wanting to go for breakfast before we hit the Amish market. They're having their annual blueberry sale, and I'm getting a 40lb case!
Old 07-02-2011, 07:40 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

A case of blueberries! I'm envious. We are just starting to get the New Jersey ones up here. So yummy! Thanks for the reminder. I'll have some right now before I leap into my day.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:59 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm going to say a quick hello from the land of slow internet...it was bad yesterday upon arrival and hasn't improved this morning. Everything looks really nice here although we certainly have some catch up yardwork. I'm going to see if I can buckle down with my food for 2 weeks and do a combo P1/Fat Flush. I WILL, however, take it one day at a time. I've found in my life I never know what's going to pop up from one day to the next.

Ruth, thanks for getting us started. I remember Ian Are you baking him a pie?

Linda, I wish I were headed out with you to the Amish market. Oh, well...I know you'll have fun without me.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:01 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Any day that starts with coffee has to be good.

Ruth - We've been buying the NJ blueberries here. DW loves blueberries so I try to pick up a pint whenever I go to the farm market. We do have lots of strawberries and raspberries in season. I'm curious about your "date" now

Cottage - I bet your pool will be popular this week. Wish I could drive down and camp in your yard, and not just to swim

I got the lawn done yesterday so today it's chores, strawberry picking and gardening. Not a bad way to spend the day

ETA - Good morning Debbie.

Last edited by CyndiM; 07-02-2011 at 08:01 AM.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:05 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

at Debbie. You do have a good memory. I have a pie in the freezer - strawberry/rhubarb - but whether he gets it or not depends on whether he pays for the coffee. He is Scottish and "close"' "frugal" "thrifty"...whatever. Even his kids tease him about it. Nice man though.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:56 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Ruth. I have a very good memory which is probably the one thing Kirk wishes I didn't have.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Happy long holiday weekend to everyone

It's not my official weigh in day, but I just had to share with someone!! I peeked at the scale and I'm down 3.6 lbs from Monday...woot woot! Why oh why do I ever stop eating SB style?!? Now, fingers crossed those pounds will stay off until my official weigh in on Monday. I've restarted phase 1 after gaining back all 25 lbs that I lost last year. So, now I get to re-lose them, how ridiculous..bleh.

DH and I have been trying to remodel our kitchen for about 6 months now. I ordered a new kitchen faucet and garbage disposal from an old boss 6 months ago. We just got them two days ago...it was worth the wait though, because he was able to get them for FREE!!! $800 worth of product for zero dollars! Awesome! I've been without a garbage disposal for 4 years...it's way past time to have one again.

Other than kitchen stuff, we'll just be puttering around the house this weekend, going out with friends tonight to listen to a band they hired to play at their wedding, going to a BBQ tomorrow (wish me luck with that one, foodwise), then have nothing planned for the 4th...yet.

Okay, I've blabbed enough. Have a fabulous weekend!! Hope the sun is shining wherever you are!
Old 07-02-2011, 12:03 PM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Happy long WEEK (I have off until NEXT Tuesday!!!)!!!

Yum, blueberries. Not for 2 weeks :-) That's one of the good things about having a DW who lives in Maine - when it's warm enough to visit and actually swim without getting hypothermia, we get to pick fresh blueberries too (August).

Today I am going to hit the gym for the first time since I went 4 months ago and hurt my shoulder running (how, I still have no clue). Oye!

Have a good day all!
Old 07-03-2011, 06:06 AM   #10  

Good morning!

I'm sitting out here on the sunporch with my coffee, but it doesn't look like the sun wants to wake up yet. We could use some rain, though, so I shouldn't complain.

Anyone else awake?

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 07-03-2011 at 06:07 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:31 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Good morning. We had rain last night and sure needed it. I can take mucking around with hoses off my today list! Between the t-storm and more fireworks in the village, my poor dogs were terrified and would not go out for pre-bed potty. I just left the door open onto the deck and hoped there would be no extra critters in the house this morning. Lucky so far unless they are lurking.

After Church this morning and the inevitable "lunch" I may be going on an artists' studio tour. I'll try hard not to buy anything. Yesterday I spotted some antique chairs that would be perfect with my cherry diningroom table but am resisting. I'm resisting temptation because I also need a new kitchen floor.

Have a great Sunday.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:37 AM   #12  

Morning, Ruth! An artist's studio tour sounds like a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:10 AM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I suspect it will be a quiet day around here with the holidays and weekend activities. We are expecting rain so today will be indoor chores for me and maybe a little errand running.

A small NSV yesterday when I finally got my bike out. Between work schedule and weather I've only been out twice this year. I was very pleased to discover that I was in much better shape than I feared and was able to easily ride 49 minutes even on my crazy hills.

Ruth & Cottage - there's a big local artist's studio tour here every Memorial Day weekend if you're ever looking for something to do

Debbie - hope you get a little internet access today and enjoy your day on the other side of the mountains

DW just checked the weather radar and is hoping for thunderstorms this morning. Apparently she has a photography project she's been wanting to try. I think I'll get breakfast and more coffee.

Last edited by CyndiM; 07-03-2011 at 08:17 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:08 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning

Linda, I was up but got sidetracked with Bing, Kirk and weeds. We enjoyed coffee outside, though. What are you up to today?

Ruth, I like to leave my backdoor open early morning to cool the house off but always close it when I leave the area. I have a visual of meeting a skunk or raccoon in my living room. Have fun if you go on the studio tour. I, too, am resisting dining room chairs for now.

Cyndi, I read "49 miles" and was quite impressed. I'm sure you fare better on those hills than I would. Have a nice "home day".

jenne, I hope your gym appointment went well since it's been awhile!

jyojyo, congrats on your unofficial weigh in. You mentioned, "why oh why do I ever stop eating SB style?!?" Take a serious look around the next time you walk in your favorite grocery or convenience store. What jumps out? In my convenience store the only thing SB is an over ripe banana or salted nuts. At my grocery there is "a tunnel" of chips,pop,candy, and donuts that I have to walk through every time I go shopping. Thus, it becomes about my "mindset"-my willingness to walk by all the enticing smells and pretty cakes and pies to get what I need. For me, the number 1 daily reminder of what I need to do to stay on track is to come here and visit before I leave my house. After visiting here, I find I have the mindset to walk out into the world of "toxic food." You remind me how good SB eating feels when I start taking it for granted. I hope your BBQ is successful!

We're headed to brunch with mom. I really wanted to say no today...stay home, be perfectly on plan...but she's had some distressing medical news which will require further testing. Yesterday, she was pretty upset. It is good to get her out and I'll try to be very careful.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 07-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

we got that rain here too Ruth!

Lexx - it went ok. Did 35 of cardio and some leg presses. But I am not sure what to really do at the gym. They have an automated system I may sign up for though.

Today is writing thesis and waiting for the cable guy while hopefully skyping with my niece. Happy 3rd!
Closed Thread