Old 07-01-2011, 09:51 AM   #1  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Default 40-Something Chat! Celebrating in July! All Welcome!

Morning all. Just starting us off! I have to clean house today.

I managed to lose 1.4lbs overnight. I shouldn't get excited, with my track record it will be back tomorrow and have invited a few friends along. I can't even change my weight because I gained and never reset it.Hopefully all the cardio and the new eating plan are working. I plan on taking my measurements today also.

I keep track of my workouts each day; DVD title, length/time and then at the end of the year add it all up to see what I've done, what I'm not using, and if I need to purge/buy something, LOL. Jan- June I did 112 workouts, which breaks down to 60 cardio {walking, kbox, TM workouts}, 44 strength {mostly weights, some yoga and pilates}, and 16 weights/cardio circuits.

PS: I changed my ticker to my current weightl

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 07-01-2011 at 10:17 AM.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Whoops! I posted over in the June thread by mistake. I cut and pasted it...

PP-You have a great system going there!!

Hey all! A quick note before I get too busy here.

Weird morning.....I had trouble getting out of bed AND my dog is acting odd. She was following my around everywhere and then she threw up so not sure what is wrong with her. Hoping she is back to herself when I get home. So only got to do a 2 mile walk this morning.

We have our potluck here at work today. I brought lemon cake and we are having hot dogs, etc. I'm going to do my best not to overdo on the calories.

Have a good day everyone!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:21 PM   #3  

Annie, I hope your dog is better. April came up to me the other morning acting funny then barfed at my feet, thankfully on the hardwood and not the area rug. I think she got into the trash and ate something weird because that was the end of it. The little dog I had while growing up loved to chew on used kleenex, so I think it was something like that.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:20 PM   #4  

E= 60min of various cardio see below

I was getting a little tired of Leslie so I decided to see what was on On Demand. I'm not very co ordinated so I can't do complex or dancy stuff. I picked Cardio Challenge which sounded promising but after a nice warm up Jen G picked up weights and started doing the equivilent of one legged squart. My heartrate plummeted; this is not my idea of cardio.

Next I tried a Leslie called Cardio Slimdown. No brainer; just what I like.

Then came "Less is More" cardio. The idea is we don't have to kill ourselves, just keep moving, and I've tried the instructor Cindy W before and she's nice {I have one of her other DVD's}. So we begin, good warm up, then we stretch {never understood that, get the heartrate up then stop to stretch...}, but then she went into planks and burpees. This is not my idea of cardio either, also if I get my heartrate up then drop to the floor, when I get up again, I will black out. Not fun. But I stuck with it, modifying as I went, but I might as well have done another Leslie.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:24 PM   #5  

I don't know if I ever posted this recipe, but I made it a while back and it turned out so good that I posted it just now in our recipes section here on the board. I may make it this weekend and do some grilled chicken or pork chops with it.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/reci...ml#post3917182

Well, I had to take Tootsie to the vet this afternoon. PP, she gets into the trash, too, and had gotten into my bathroom trash on Tues. evening. I was afraid she may have ingested a feminine hygiene product (sorry if TMI, but we are grown ups here....LOL!) and maybe it was blocking her intestine. She was still vomiting and not eating or drinking and just not herself. The vet said she could be partially obstructed but didn't seem too bad. So he sent her home for me to watch. I was only to give her water this evening and see if she did any better. Well, she went outside and got rid of what was stuck in her intestine. So gross, but I sure hope that is all that was in there. I'm watching her closely and will check in with the vet in the morning. I swear, it's worse than having a 2 year old sometimes with that dog! I sure do love her, though.

Relaxing with my younger son now. Older son is out with girlfriend/friends.

Our potluck was good and I did okay. Not so much with supper, though. I am going to try to work in some extra exercise this weekend.

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 07-01-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:40 PM   #6  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Walked 31min & did good with eating. I'm not going to let the 4th of July ruin me food wise. We are going to a Japanese Buffet on Monday( my aunts idea)That's the last place i would think of going for July 4th! But we have nothing else going on & it's a free meal. I don't eat the hot food, i'll be eating salad & fruit. The only dessert that appeals to me is the ice cream and chocolate peanut butter cookies. That could be a problem!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:35 PM   #7  

Hello all! Enjoying our long weekend here. My son put my new desk together for me and it looks really good in the spot I have for it and with my desk chair. I need to get a cute lamp now.

Grilled some chicken breast and made that vegetable saute I posted the recipe for for our supper. Also made some blondies, which are basically chocolate chip cookies in muffin cups. I put a bit of icing and some 4th of July sprinkles on them, too. Going to try to limit myself on those.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:44 PM   #8  

Its Hot! plus our car's AC is acting up, not cooling well. Good news is Hubby can fix it, bad news is it needs to be fixed.

I'm so tired but the neighbors are shooting off fireworks; I did manage a little nap on the couch

Annie, Nice recipe! glad to hear your sweet puppy is doing better. We went to visit the girl across the street with April once, and Puppy wandered off but came back from the bathroom with a used tampon. Ewww. Dogs are weird!

FL, Japanese buffet doesn't scream 4th of July to me either, but have a good time. Easier than cooking yourself.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:43 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hi all...I hope I can keep up with this thread this month. I"m having a really lazy weekend so far which isn't necessarily a good thing. There is temptation everywhere thanks to my husband who keeps bringing things home..Like PIE....and cookies from the bakery. He just doesn't get what i'm trying to do here. My exercise today will be good old fashioned push ups, crunches and a few planks. It looks like it is going to rain so no bike ride which is what I was looking forward to doing. have a great day everyone
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:57 AM   #10  

Hubby's back is worse today, so he's napping with an icepack. He played with the AC last night and assures me its working fine. Hmmm. Didn't feel 'fine' yesterday when we were out. High today is 100*, humidity is giving us a 5* heat index so it will feel like 105* or so. Its been worse, but its supposed to rain this week! Yay, the plants will be happy but highs will still be in the 95* area. yuck.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:39 PM   #11  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

patch- So funny what your puppy did, bet the girl across the street was ashamed. It's hot & humid here too, I don't mind it.

Annie- The blondies would be too much temptation for me. They sound good.

Walked 30min & did good with eating, except for one thing. I ate ambrosia fruit salad, i thought the calories were not that bad. Well they were! Tomorrow the Japanese Buffet( just weird for the 4th) I should have said we had other plans, but I don't get to see my aunt & uncle too much, they are both in their 80's. Right now I feel like my willpower will be gone against those desserts. I can't just have one dessert, it's all or nothing! Gotta build up that willpower!!!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:55 PM   #12  

For something different today I did 44min circuit premix~ alternating intervals of cardio, boxing, sculpting {KCM's Circuit Burn}

Checked the weather its 86* but the humidity/heat index makes it feel like 93*.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:15 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/118

harder and harder to keep losing... ugh... may have to amend my goal - maybe it's just not realistic.. but almost done with the 140s... might settle for being mid 130s rather than my current goal..
SILLYCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:19 PM   #14  
Sweet girl in L.A.

S/C/G: 242/212/180

Height: 5'2"

Hi all, just reading a little and thought I might feel comfortable posting here. I need help. Haven't followed a diet plan in such a long time. So, just trying to get started again. Happy 4th!
swtgila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:40 PM   #15  

Swtgila-Jump right on in! We have a great group here.

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO ALL MY FRIENDS IN THE U.S of A.!!! What? No 4th of July smilies????

I have not done well foodwise this weekend, but I did get off my hind end and do a 5 mile walk DVD today before showering and going to McDonald's.... Oh well.

I am all by myself this 4th of July. Older son is helping his Dad do a sound job in a town south of here and younger son is at a sleepover at a friend's. Older son's girlfriend is coming over for a girl's night. We are going to watch The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Maybe have some supper if she hasn't eaten.

We leave for vacation Saturday morning and I'm as excited as a 5-year-old. It has been over 3 years since we got to do a real vacation and I suspect this may be our last as a family. Older son is in college now and has the girlfriend and his friends. Hope it isn't, but I want to make the most of it just in case.