Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 06:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Default IP Chat Weekend July 1st to July 3rd

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 07-01-2011, 06:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Good Morning all! Happy Canada Day, and Happy 4th of July weekend!

One more day of work and I am off work for a week! I am worried about staying OP this weekend and week. I will just take it one meal at a time.

I also hope to get some exercise in through the week. Lot's of walks with the kids, and swimming in the pool. There is a chance of rain everyday, I hope it holds off.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-01-2011, 07:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
Good Morning all! Happy Canada Day, and Happy 4th of July weekend!

One more day of work and I am off work for a week! I am worried about staying OP this weekend and week. I will just take it one meal at a time.

I also hope to get some exercise in through the week. Lot's of walks with the kids, and swimming in the pool. There is a chance of rain everyday, I hope it holds off.

Have a great day everyone!
think ahead and work on some great recipes for the holiday...i'll list what we're having...
Old 07-01-2011, 07:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Default july 4th meal

We can have fun- and stay on program..this is my recipes for the 4th...

shiska bob--- bell pepper-mushrooms-zuchcinni- shrimp

veggie tray with all the fresh goodies-- and walden farms honey mustard for dipping

and a pork loin on the grill....yummmmmyyyy

arizona tea has a pomegranete instant pack that is sweetened with splenda and its delicious...

so think of good thinks and enjoy the day..the IP Way.....

:twirly :
Old 07-01-2011, 07:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 132.5/116.2/120

Height: 5'5"

Today is my fist day of phase 3 and this is what I had for breakfast.

1 egg+2 egg whites
Bagel thin with 1 tsp of light cream cheese
Reduced fat string cheese
1 cup of blueberries
Coffee and skim milk

Did I do it right?
Old 07-01-2011, 08:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

█ ♥ █ Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canadians! █ ♥ █

Happy Friday to everyone else!

If you are celebrating this weekend, make it about the people, places and things to do... It's not just about the food! Make the right choices and your body will thank you!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 07-01-2011 at 08:39 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 192/177/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Canada Day to my northern neighbors!

Last night I had a NSV. I went to meet my fiance at his work so we could go to the park and see a band play. To my surprize all the wives and kids of his co workers were there eating pizza! I could have killed him for not telling me this was happening. But I stayed strong and tried to explain why I couldn't share in the dinner. When we got to the park it was filled with food stands. I ordered a steak sandwich (meat only) and even though it wasn't very good, I made it through the night OP. Such a huge thing for me since in the past I would have just gobbled up that pizza and then had more at the park.

The whole time I kept thinking about all of you and what you would say to me if you were there with me. Thank you for being my support system!
Old 07-01-2011, 08:29 AM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! My hubby had the week off so I took today off and we are taking our kids to a waterpark all day. I'm going to be sure to drink lots of water while we are there. I don't know what they will pick for lunch and I'm a little nervous. (Probably Taco Bell because my kids are taco freaks.) We are leaving too early for me to eat lunch at home so I'm not sure what I will do. I will figure something out though.

Tomorrow we have a party to go to where everyone will be drinking but I'm not a big drinker so nobody questions me when I don't drink. There will also be tons of good crackers and dips and food galore but I do know they are grilling burgers so I will eat one plain and be just fine.

Sunday night my husband's band has an outdoor concert so once again, everyone drinking. This is a nonissue for me as I said, nobody will even question me. We will eat before we leave home rather than grab a slice of pizza at the gas station. And I think I will bring a bar with to get some protein in and a little snack so I don't feel totally deprived.

Monday we will be bbqing somewhere but I will make that work also. I really have my head in the game and will do my best to not cheat so I can get great results for weigh in #2!
Old 07-01-2011, 08:30 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post

If you are celebrating this weekend, make it about the people, places and things to do... It's not just about the food! Make the right choices and your body will thank you!
So so true! I will keep thinking about this as the weekend temptations my arise.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:39 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel83 View Post
Happy Canada Day to my northern neighbors!

Last night I had a NSV. I went to meet my fiance at his work so we could go to the park and see a band play. To my surprize all the wives and kids of his co workers were there eating pizza! I could have killed him for not telling me this was happening. But I stayed strong and tried to explain why I couldn't share in the dinner. When we got to the park it was filled with food stands. I ordered a steak sandwich (meat only) and even though it wasn't very good, I made it through the night OP. Such a huge thing for me since in the past I would have just gobbled up that pizza and then had more at the park.

The whole time I kept thinking about all of you and what you would say to me if you were there with me. Thank you for being my support system!
Good for you saying no to pizza. I've had to do that twice in one week already. Pizza is high risk for me so those NSVs are huge. Even when counting calories I made it possible to eat pizza at least once a week. My 2nd day on this work ordered pizza and made me go get it. That meant smelling it for 15 miles but I didn't touch it. Then Wed I came home from work early and my family was having pizza. I ate what I had planned and all was well. I do miss it but I survived just fine without it.

Last edited by ItsAboutTime; 07-01-2011 at 08:40 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:45 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Good morning. I am on day 30. I have lost 14.1 lbs since I started! I will take it! It is good motivation to not cheat over the weekend and my vacation next week. I am nervous, but I know I can do it. It has also been 30 days without pop, caffiene, and alcohol!
Old 07-01-2011, 08:48 AM   #12  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

I've been in the race to 159 for weeks, and this morning my scale said 159.5...

I have the day off today and I'm going to get highlights. This afternoon, I have a massage scheduled because I have terrible lower back pain. I can't think of a better day to have reached this goal.

I haven't seen 150-anything since high school...
Old 07-01-2011, 08:49 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca1978 View Post
Good morning. I am on day 30. I have lost 14.1 lbs since I started! I will take it! It is good motivation to not cheat over the weekend and my vacation next week. I am nervous, but I know I can do it. It has also been 30 days without pop, caffiene, and alcohol!
Woohoo! 14.1 is great! And I agree, a loss is just the right medicine to not want to cheat.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:51 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I've been in the race to 159 for weeks, and this morning my scale said 159.5...

I have the day off today and I'm going to get highlights. This afternoon, I have a massage scheduled because I have terrible lower back pain. I can't think of a better day to have reached this goal.

I haven't seen 150-anything since high school...
How exciting. I love hitting a number I haven't seen in forever. Can't wait til I see 159! A massage sounds wonderful. Enjoy, you deserve it.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:07 AM   #15  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan kay
Hi, everyone!
I am wondering why I am this hungry. I have been on IP for 17 days. The first week was tough to go through. Week 2 was not bad. I started to think my body was going through transition to the ketonic body, then, boom, this hunger snuck in like a thief. For past three days, I am in constant hunger, with or without food. And this makes me really snappy at my DH, whose only crime is being his normal self.

I have been having
a glass of cold water + multi-vita and potassium + a pudding
glasses of water
a bar + lettuce + a whole English cucumber with sea salt
glasses of water
stir-fried meat with veggie + calcium pills
Raspberry jello + pills
a warm cup of tea

Why would I be this hungry and annoyed at Day 17?????
I noticed your 3rd packet for the day is Jello. My coach told me not to use Jello as 1 of 3 packets needed daily, to only use as a 4th as it does not get absorbed by the body as the others do. I may be incorrect but that is what was told to me, could be why your so hungry. I hope this helps!

I've never heard of that. I always use my jello as one of my packets. Has anyone else heard of this?
Closed Thread