Old 06-28-2011, 01:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 380/see ticker/194

Height: 6'2"

Default Please help... I have no clue what to order!

Hi everyone! I am going to lunch at Zea Rotisserie tomorrow and am kind of freaking out because I know the calorie content of their food is really high but can't find it listed anywhere. I am really at a loss as to what I should order that will be moderately healthy and would appreciate any input you may have. I was thinking one of the salads or maybe the grilled veggie platter or the portobello panini or grilled chicken panini. Please let me know what you would think the best choice calorie wise would be...

Thanks!!
southernbelle102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:03 AM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Hrm... I'm not familiar with this place but glancing at the menu I suppose I'd pick grilled salmon with the balsamic, then steamed brocc or sugar snap peas if those are plain, and the sweet potato, naked. Everything on the side -- butter, sauce, dressing, whatever might be on there.

You could call them up and ask them what they suggest for diabetics. Then you have a chance at getting some of the nutrition info.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:55 AM   #3  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

Zea Rotisserie--yum!

I'd actually steer clear of the vegetable platter; out of all the foods I've eaten at Zea, that was one of the least tasty options. It isn't because they give vegetables short shrift--on the contrary, they do a delicious job with vegetable sides--but I found that uneven grilling kind of spoiled the flavors. Almost-raw zucchini might be to some tastes, but I like mine pretty well cooked.

On the other hand, their rotisserie special of the day is usually an excellent choice. Their rotisserie chicken is freakin' awesome; it's also huge, so expect to take at least half home with you. The pesto crusted trout is also quite tasty. Split the Mediterranean hummus plate with others at the table; it's delicious, but even hummus adds up quickly when you throw in olive oil, feta, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh olives...mm, okay, now I want some.

Are you going to one of the Zea locations in/near New Orleans? The chain started here in N.O., LA, and I'm happy to see it spreading so far throughout the South. Their food really is a fair bit tastier and healthier than some of the other stuff in their price bracket (TGI Friday's, Bennigan's).
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

You don't have to eat everything they serve you. You can even ask for part of it to be packed up in advance.
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 270/199/180

Height: 5'8"

Default when faced with new menu

When I need to eat out with a new menu I can't check online ahead of time, I have a default order: salad with protein on top, dressing on side, espresso and maybe a bite of someone else's dessert. Second choice would be several veggie sides but I usually skip all simple carbs: bread and pasta. I just can't limit myself to eating half of something and I am less stressed doing it this way. Maybe when I get further along this weight-loss journey I'll calm down and more easily control my own portion size.
matildatwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:48 PM   #6  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Uhhhhh....I guess I have to be the "odd ball out" and say...order anything you really want that looks delishous? Set perimeters though...don't go hogwild! Skip appetizer or go for something light like a shrimp cocktail or green salad w/light dressing and share it. Have any entree that you desire but eat only half of it and throw the rest away or share with another dinner guest. Share dessert (if your like me and need/want something sweet after a nice dinner out). AND...

MOST IMPORTANTLY...DON'T STRESS ABOUT IT! How often do you go out? ENJOY yourself. IMHO, you'd be better off mentally and physically having a little of what you want instead of alot of what you really don't want.

Tomorrow's another day...you'll have plenty of salads to eat. Mmmmm...enjoy!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

I agree totally with joyfulloser! Enjoy the lunch. Don't get stressed out. Weightloss should be an enjoyable experience. Otherwise we can't expect to maintain it.
Plan ahead too. Have a small breakfast and plan a small healthy dinner. Or make lunch your dinner. So then just have a small snack or two later in the day. Then get up the next day and keep movin'!
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:22 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 285/253/215

Height: 5'9

I would order anything I wanted, skip the app, drink water with lemon, and just eat half of the entree.
kym215 is offline   Reply With Quote