Old 06-24-2011, 05:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/181.7/130

Lightbulb Eating Out Help!

My family eats out a lot and I don't know what I can eat at those places. They are usually hot dog stands (since I live in the Chicago-land area). But one of my favorite restaurants is Chipotle. What can I order there that won't hurt my 1223 calorie diet..? Any Suggestions

thanks <3
MeggyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:50 PM   #2  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggyKitty View Post
My family eats out a lot and I don't know what I can eat at those places. They are usually hot dog stands (since I live in the Chicago-land area). But one of my favorite restaurants is Chipotle. What can I order there that won't hurt my 1223 calorie diet..? Any Suggestions

thanks <3
Does the restaurant have an online menu that you can search through?
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:53 PM   #3  

I found this for you.....

http://www.chipotle.com/en-US/menu/menu.aspx
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/156.0/145

Height: 5'7''

I go and get a Barbacoa Burrito with just rice and cheese. It has 690 calories, so I only eat half of it, but I find that to be more than enough and plenty filling. Also, if I eat slowly, it takes me just as long as it takes my BF to eat his entire burrito. No chips, though, they're terrible. This app on my phone has a special chipotle calculator, so if there's anything specific you'd like me to input (you like pick exactly what you want -- toppings, sauces, etc., and it tells you the calories and all the other nutritional information.) I'd be happy to do so and tell you the calories and stuff.
AnonymouslyYours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

At the hot dog stands, do they have veggie dogs or chicken dogs available? I know that might be a bit of a stretch, but if you frequently eat that sort of stuff then it can be a big calorie helper. A good size chicken dog is around 60 - 70 calories versus an all beef dog which clocks in around 190 or more, and I think they taste almost identical. I'm not a fan of veggie dogs/burgers, but they might work for you depending in your taste buds.

Something else you can look into at these stands that might be more feasible are grilled chicken sandwiches. If there really is ONLY hot dogs (with not veggie options), then just go for one and avoid the obvious 'bomb' toppings like cheese, chili, mayo/creamy sauces, etc.
Michi702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/181.7/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouslyYours View Post
I go and get a Barbacoa Burrito with just rice and cheese. It has 690 calories, so I only eat half of it, but I find that to be more than enough and plenty filling. Also, if I eat slowly, it takes me just as long as it takes my BF to eat his entire burrito. No chips, though, they're terrible. This app on my phone has a special chipotle calculator, so if there's anything specific you'd like me to input (you like pick exactly what you want -- toppings, sauces, etc., and it tells you the calories and all the other nutritional information.) I'd be happy to do so and tell you the calories and stuff.
What's the app called? Cause we tend on eating at Chipotle a lot.
MeggyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 222/156.0/145

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggyKitty View Post
What's the app called? Cause we tend on eating at Chipotle a lot.
It's called Livescape, but I'm pretty sure it's only for Windows Phones...if you happen to have one, I highly recommend it.
AnonymouslyYours is offline   Reply With Quote