Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 08:42 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default IP Weekend Chat- June 24-26

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday:IP Daily Chat- Thursday, June 23
Old 06-24-2011, 08:55 AM   #2  

Happy Friday!

This was my last full week of work- and the last Friday I will be working until September. I am so looking forward to some time off.

I'm doing well, though I realised this morning that I am out of veggies again and have to get to the store ASAP. I'm going to have to get really creative with my lunch.

I have lost all of the TOM weight I put on, but the scale isn't budging any lower yet. I haven't been out walking as much as usual due to all the rain we've been having and when it's not raining, the mosquitoes are horrendous. This morning, I nearly ran home screaming and waving my hands around batting the swarm. It took great effort not to. Even the dog is unimpressed as they swarm him the second we're out the door.

It should be a pretty busy weekend. I will be preparing for my son's 7th birthday. That means lots of baking- for the gathering on Tuesday as well as a boatload of treats for his class. I'm looking forward to it because I love baking and decorating and I'm not tempted by things I bake myself.

I hope everyone has a fabulous day- and weekend!
Old 06-24-2011, 09:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

OK! THATS it!.........I am off my back meds... been on them for 7 days, due to a fall and I am officially switching to an over the counter type. why??? well hmmm I am UP 7 lbs in 7 days... did research on the net and guess what? 'more serious side effect, but rare is 'rapid weight gain' " wth??????? I almost had a cardiac this morning on the scale...like that is an extra 24 500 CALORIES !!!!!!!! that is not possible to have 7 lbs on me in 7 days... omggg !!! sorry all.........I had to rant to someone who understands the TERROR of weight coming back on.... breathe............breathe......ok...Im ok LOL strict OP for sure! have a great day all
Old 06-24-2011, 09:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Happy Friday!

This was my last full week of work- and the last Friday I will be working until September. I am so looking forward to some time off.

I'm doing well, though I realised this morning that I am out of veggies again and have to get to the store ASAP. I'm going to have to get really creative with my lunch.

I have lost all of the TOM weight I put on, but the scale isn't budging any lower yet. I haven't been out walking as much as usual due to all the rain we've been having and when it's not raining, the mosquitoes are horrendous. This morning, I nearly ran home screaming and waving my hands around batting the swarm. It took great effort not to. Even the dog is unimpressed as they swarm him the second we're out the door.

It should be a pretty busy weekend. I will be preparing for my son's 7th birthday. That means lots of baking- for the gathering on Tuesday as well as a boatload of treats for his class. I'm looking forward to it because I love baking and decorating and I'm not tempted by things I bake myself.

mosquitoes are horrendous? are you from Manitoba by any chance? LOL I hear they now have landing strips built for them mosquitoes...hahhah poor you
Old 06-24-2011, 09:11 AM   #5  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Happy Friday to all!!

It is a good day today! After last Saturday nite's "cheat"....I am FINALLY down below what I weighed last Saturday morning! It took almost an entire week to take that extra weight off!! Never againl!!! Hubby and I have come too far to mess it up now.

In April and in May we had gone on vacation for 5 days, gained weight, then took it off a week later both times, and we were thankful that we were able to get back on track so easily. This past cheat was a one night deal....went right back on track the next morning...but what a waste!! I could be in the 170's by now!!! UGH!!! Anyway....lesson learned. I hope others can learn from my mistakes!!!

Only around 15 more pounds to go (for now anyway - will see when I get there....LOL) ! Woot woot!! Never did I EVER imagine that I could finally get this weight off!! I haven't been this weight in over 20 years (and have tried EVERYTHING)!! I am so thankful for IP!!! My Birthday is in August and oh how I'd love to be below goal by then!! Fingers and toes are crossed!!

Looking forward to a great IP weekend!!! Best wishes to you all my friends!!
Old 06-24-2011, 09:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/184/150

Height: 5'7

Using the last hole on a belt that I could not even wear just over two months ago is keeping me motivated for sure! Within a week of ending my TOM and battling that weight I began an "almost TOM" for an additional 7 days that ended last night!! ARGH!!! One of the drawbacks from losing weight so quickly, but add that to the rainy miserable day here, and all I want to do is go eat, eat, eat. Sigh. I will be snacking on dill pickles and RTD in the car during lunchtime as I head out for my allergy shots and the DMV - so I know I have the means to battle today's cravings!
I don't know if anyone is the same way, but it seems like the more I have of a "fake" version of something, the more I crave the real item. Anyone else have that problem?
Old 06-24-2011, 09:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 192/177/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning!

I am in need of some real support today. Lunch at my office today is a huge cookout as a special treat. Then tonight is a nice dinner out and bar hoping with girlfriends. So hard not to cheat when these things are once or twice a year events that I want to be a part of! Part of me says "you only live your life once so enjoy it while it's here!" The IP part of me says "stay the course!" I haven't lost anything all week so it is hard to stay OP when you aren't seeing results.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's SV and NSV today as inspiration! I hope everyone is having a great FRIDAY!
Old 06-24-2011, 09:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

TGIF! Happy Friday everyone!

It's a long weekend here in Quebec but unfortunately, it's cool and rainy and I will be stuck in the house with the kids while my husband works from noon to 8 p.m. today (he works in a 24-hour call center that never closes).

My day started out pretty good: I did a 30-minute workout using Wii Fit and had breakfast before anyone else in the house woke up. I love "me time" like that!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Quote:
Happy Friday!

We are due for some major grocery shopping too. I need veggies bad!

Sorry to learn about your weather and mosquitos. We've had a lot of rain too and the mosquitos can be pretty bad.

Enjoy your son's birthday! I love organizing parties and class treats for my kids on their birthday! I am going to miss that when they get too old for it! I hope these memories will last them a lifteime. I will never forget one little girl at my son's 8th birthday party at the beginning of June saying: "This is the funnest party I have ever been too!" It made my day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
OK! THATS it!.........I am off my back meds... been on them for 7 days, due to a fall and I am officially switching to an over the counter type. why??? well hmmm I am UP 7 lbs in 7 days... did research on the net and guess what? 'more serious side effect, but rare is 'rapid weight gain' " wth??????? I almost had a cardiac this morning on the scale...like that is an extra 24 500 CALORIES !!!!!!!! that is not possible to have 7 lbs on me in 7 days... omggg !!! sorry all.........I had to rant to someone who understands the TERROR of weight coming back on.... breathe............breathe......ok...Im ok LOL strict OP for sure! have a great day all
Oh yikes! I would have freaked out!
I hope the OTC meds will work for you and will agree with you better. I also hope the whoosh fairy will stop by and take those extra pounds away real fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
Happy Friday to all!!

It is a good day today! After last Saturday nite's "cheat"....I am FINALLY down below what I weighed last Saturday morning! It took almost an entire week to take that extra weight off!! Never againl!!! Hubby and I have come too far to mess it up now.

In April and in May we had gone on vacation for 5 days, gained weight, then took it off a week later both times, and we were thankful that we were able to get back on track so easily. This past cheat was a one night deal....went right back on track the next morning...but what a waste!! I could be in the 170's by now!!! UGH!!! Anyway....lesson learned. I hope others can learn from my mistakes!!!

Only around 15 more pounds to go (for now anyway - will see when I get there....LOL) ! Woot woot!! Never did I EVER imagine that I could finally get this weight off!! I haven't been this weight in over 20 years (and have tried EVERYTHING)!! I am so thankful for IP!!! My Birthday is in August and oh how I'd love to be below goal by then!! Fingers and toes are crossed!!

Looking forward to a great IP weekend!!! Best wishes to you all my friends!!
Yup! The odd (small) cheats that I have had always resulted in a one-week delay/stall for me too. So not worth it... but then, it was part of the process for me. Some people can learn from the mistakes of others, many need to learn for themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy Broad View Post
Using the last hole on a belt that I could not even wear just over two months ago is keeping me motivated for sure! Within a week of ending my TOM and battling that weight I began an "almost TOM" for an additional 7 days that ended last night!! ARGH!!! One of the drawbacks from losing weight so quickly, but add that to the rainy miserable day here, and all I want to do is go eat, eat, eat. Sigh. I will be snacking on dill pickles and RTD in the car during lunchtime as I head out for my allergy shots and the DMV - so I know I have the means to battle today's cravings!
I don't know if anyone is the same way, but it seems like the more I have of a "fake" version of something, the more I crave the real item. Anyone else have that problem?
I have had to add holes in belts as I went along... such a great feeling! Way to go! You are doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel83 View Post
Good morning!

I am in need of some real support today. Lunch at my office today is a huge cookout as a special treat. Then tonight is a nice dinner out and bar hoping with girlfriends. So hard not to cheat when these things are once or twice a year events that I want to be a part of! Part of me says "you only live your life once so enjoy it while it's here!" The IP part of me says "stay the course!" I haven't lost anything all week so it is hard to stay OP when you aren't seeing results.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's SV and NSV today as inspiration! I hope everyone is having a great FRIDAY!
Don't do it!!!

I know that it's hard but it is only temporary. There will be other parties and other BBQ's. Do not sacrifice what you really want for you want right now. Even when ou may not have lost lbs, you may have lost inches... and you are in ketosis and doing a good thing for your body.

You can do this! You can have the meat (without the bread) and some veggies... You can also bring an IP emergency kit to the event: water bottle, salad dressing (home-made or WF packet), vitamins, bar or ridges... Enjoy the people and the company. The food is only secondary. You can have fun without it.

You will be stronger and prouder for having gotten through this. Wear something tight and look at it (and feel it) during the meals.

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 06-24-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/189/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Good morning!

Everytime a cheat is about to overcome me, I think to myself...how will I feel tomorrow if I give into temptation...or how will I feel tomorrow if I don't!...I know that I will feel so much better the next day...if I stick to my guns...Good Luck! YOU CAN DO IT!
Old 06-24-2011, 10:22 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 180/159/135-140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. What are your meds actually for? In my profession I deal with alot of back pain and in my experience doctors give alot of unneccesary medications. If nothing is broken you make be able to control the pain with just the use of ice if inflammed and heat if just in spasm. Your body has a natural tendancy to spasm to prevent further injury after an accident. Depending the area you can usually hlp by stetching it out. Hope this can help! Pain is never fun! I am sure most of the extra weight is water, good luck!
Old 06-24-2011, 10:34 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

We're leaving for a family reunion tomorrow. While I did see 159 yesterday morning the scale is messing with me and I was at 160 this morning. But I think I'll see 159 again tomorrow which was another mini goal I had in my head. They're having tacos which I think I may be able to do if I turn it into a salad and skip all the things that are not allowed. We'll see though if it looks like it's not going to be OP. If not I'll just make something when we get to my parent's house.

Have a great OP weekend everyone!
Old 06-24-2011, 10:45 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
We're leaving for a family reunion tomorrow. While I did see 159 yesterday morning the scale is messing with me and I was at 160 this morning. But I think I'll see 159 again tomorrow which was another mini goal I had in my head. They're having tacos which I think I may be able to do if I turn it into a salad and skip all the things that are not allowed. We'll see though if it looks like it's not going to be OP. If not I'll just make something when we get to my parent's house.

Have a great OP weekend everyone!
You can easily turn it into the salad or you can wrap the filling in large lettuce leaves! I've done that and it was great! Enjoy!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 06-24-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:22 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 163/144/135

Height: 5.5 1/2

Been OP all week and still not pink on the sticks....I know...I know...doesn't really mean I'm not in ketosis but would like a small victory on this beautiful Friday to spar me on for the weekend. My BFF is on the program too..it is great to have the support however she shows pink/purple and seems to drop much easier than me. Makes me feel like I can't succeed although I am doing the exact same things. I "know" this is true, but that little red guy keeps telling me different!
Gonna just keep pushing these thoughts out of my head and move on!!
Happy IP Friday to you all!!
Old 06-24-2011, 11:27 AM   #14  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Happy Friday!

sounds like you are in Edmonton, on the news today they said cover up or wear really good repellent as this batch will be the worst in YEARS... They also seem to like O- blood, who told them it was the universal donor? man oh man. After a rough night with a dog who is afraid of thunder and getting senile I am actually glad to be at work. Shortly I get to go to the other office which is a nice 10 min walk from here, hope the mosquitos aren't out today... I love baking too and it hasn't bothered me yet....

Quote:
Good morning!

I agree don't do it, it will set you back a week and then you may be tempted again and it will be a two week set back and it doesn't end. Just think about where you want to be and keep your mind on your goal and not on food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
TGIF! Happy Friday everyone!

My day started out pretty good: I did a 30-minute workout using Wii Fit and had breakfast before anyone else in the house woke up. I love "me time" like that!

Susie what workout do you do on the wii and do you find it does tone you? just wondering as I have one and have been looking at it going I should use it. Thanks

Have a great weekend everyone. I am off for a walk, back later.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:40 AM   #15  

Quote:
mosquitoes are horrendous? are you from Manitoba by any chance? LOL I hear they now have landing strips built for them mosquitoes...hahhah poor you
&

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
sounds like you are in Edmonton, on the news today they said cover up or wear really good repellent as this batch will be the worst in YEARS... They also seem to like O- blood, who told them it was the universal donor? man oh man. After a rough night with a dog who is afraid of thunder and getting senile I am actually glad to be at work. Shortly I get to go to the other office which is a nice 10 min walk from here, hope the mosquitos aren't out today... I love baking too and it hasn't bothered me yet....
)
Yeah I'm in SK- the weather has been sucky across the prairies. We're floating away here and the only thing that thrives is the mosquitoes. We've used a whole can of poison (Deep Woods Off) just this month- spraying the kids down before school daily. The mosquitoes are literally bashing themselves against the windows- trying to get at us, I think. Or maybe I'm paranoid The best days are those with a good, stiff SK wind it's the best defense against the little suckers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
You can easily turn it into the salad or you can wrap the filling in large lettuce leaves! I've done that and it was great! Enjoy!
Susie, you're always full of good ideas. Lettuce wraps are one of my favourite things now. Wrapping stuff in lettuce leaves sounds crazy, but it's great! I never miss the starchy wraps anymore.
Closed Thread