Old 06-24-2011, 02:33 AM   #1  
Less of a Better Me

Default Halfway There!

Weighed in Thursday and I'm down a total of 30 pounds since I started and am exactly halfway to goal!

It is also almost exactly 10 months since I went back to WW. So, I've averaged 3 pounds a month, about .75 pounds a week. I know that is slow and I wish I was a fast loser like so many are. But I'm not. I've tried everything -- eating all my WP, eating none of my WP, exercising, not exercising, eating AP, not eating AP, etc. I still just lose slow (eating 10 or less WP works out the best overall but still not fast). I see people losing 1 1/2 to 2 pounds a week and I really, really envy particularly when I can look back on months and months of eating where I was totally on program. Sigh.

But...on the other hand...30 pounds is a lot and I'm glad I stuck with it. Had I gotten frustrated with so loss -- like I've done at times -- I would have no loss at all. And, when I get below 175 (hopefully next week) I will be in the overweight category again...finally.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:26 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

YAY, i'm so happy for you! You give me incentive to keep going, i've been about 3-4 weeks post op and very depressed. My weight loss was a VERY slow -18 lbs and now i'm only down about 10 I keep telling myself that slow is better than no loss but it's frustrating! I thought by now (started end of Nov) that i would be way down but no!

You should be so proud of yourself for sticking through it, i'm to the point of quitting (like always) and where does that get me! Sorry, don't mean to b*tch and rain on your parade but i really needed to read your post! GREAT JOB
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Height: 5'5"

Way to go! So inspiring. I understand the frustration with being a slow loser but you have stuck with it and have done amazing!

Thanks for sharing.
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:48 PM   #4  
Less of a Better Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointspluspioneer View Post

You should be so proud of yourself for sticking through it, i'm to the point of quitting (like always) and where does that get me! Sorry, don't mean to b*tch and rain on your parade but i really needed to read your post! GREAT JOB
Thanks, I'm glad you posted. I hope that this reminds people that even if you lose slowly if you keep with it you will make progress.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote