PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:24 PM   #1  
Pop Princess~

S/C/G: 308/304.8/200

Height: 5'5

Unhappy Problem with dinner:/

this week i started eating healthy And i've been doing pretty good when it came to breakfast, snack, and lunch but i'm having alittle trouble with dinner. I don't know what to make that's between 45-60 carbs

Can you guys give me some recipes to do? Thanks
CrimsonDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #2  
Quitting is NOT an option

S/C/G: SCG: 224/218/130

Height: 5'1

I would go for a lean meat and then let the carbs come from your vegetables. For instance, you could do meatballs (sans sauce), a salad, and fresh green beans.
FlipFlop Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:53 PM   #3  
Pop Princess~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipFlop Love View Post
I would go for a lean meat and then let the carbs come from your vegetables. For instance, you could do meatballs (sans sauce), a salad, and fresh green beans.
That sounds like a good idea. Will it be filling?
Old 06-21-2011, 04:25 PM   #4  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I am on a low carb plan and I find veggies very satisfying replacements for pasta and other starches. I use broccoli a lot, either in soups instead of noodles, or with shrimp or salmon instead of pasta.

You can also use zucchini sliced into strips and use a tomato sauce made without any sugar (Ragu Light has a no sugar version) and you can have a generous portion of that with meatballs or a unbreaded chicken cutlet.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 151/145/125

Height: 5'6

My lazy low carb meal is usually shredded rotisserie chicken which I find bland by itself.. So I shred it and stir-fry it with spices, onions, bell pepper & mushrooms and serve it over a spinach or arugula salad.

If I feel like spending time in the kitchen, I stir fry ground buffalo meat (or turkey meat) with onions & spices or curry powder and add shredded cabbage after all the water is evaporated and stir-fry till the cabbage is wilted.

or

I make a either a beef or a chicken stew loaded with veggies. Use your favorite stew recipe with your favorite meat, and add cut frozen french beans, cauliflower, carrots, snow peas, daikon, etc.

I usually serve it with either boiled quinoa or buckwheat groats (kasha) or buckwheat crepes.
nina125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 305/287/175

wow, when I was watching carbs, I was exactly opposite. I could not find anthing I really wanted for breakfast....but dinner was easy.

I love meat. okay, I love food. If we're being honest. But, I do love meat.

I could think of lots of menus for you...but I'm going to tell you the one that comes to the top of my head...mostly because I'm craving it..

chili dogs.

Turkey chili, low fat hot dog, over one wheat bun. Topped with mustard, dill relish and onions. I like to cut my up and eat it with a fork. For some reason it seems to stretch the food and makes me think I'm getting more...as opposed to eating it like you normally would eat a hot dog. Plus, you could do two hot dogs...and still only the one bun.

Side dishes could be beans..and a salad.
lavendar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:54 PM   #7  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

And you can always eat breakfast or lunch for dinner too.

Omelet & trimmings works for me any time of day. Doesn't have to be "stuck" in the breakfast slot.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:08 PM   #8  
Pop Princess~

Thanks for the replies guys^^ I have an idea of some dinner recipes (Now heres another question) I would like to lose 80lbs in a year. Do you think it's possible for me to do? And will walking *and healthy eating* do the trick
Old 06-21-2011, 05:41 PM   #9  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I cannot answer that. I have so many other health obstacles besides PCOS... dude, I'm just aiming for ANY loss in a year. I just think of it in terms of -1 lbs a week and that's all I can worry about. 1 lb at a time.

Just get on with it. Do you think you would seriously STOP walking and eating healthy because you "only" made it to -65 lbs in a year? When walking a little more and -80 lbs is just around the corner?

Go for it!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 06-21-2011 at 05:43 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 305/287/175

I sure do hope you can lose 80 pounds in a year...as I'm right there with you...hoping to lose at least 50 by christmas.

I'm on a 1700 calorie diet and have lost 17.8 pounds in 4 weeks. I've worked up to 32 minutes of cardio exercise on a bicycle. I prefer a stationary bicycle to walking because you can get your heart rate up quicker and burn more calories in less time
lavendar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:37 PM   #11  
Pop Princess~

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavendar View Post
I sure do hope you can lose 80 pounds in a year...as I'm right there with you...hoping to lose at least 50 by christmas.

I'm on a 1700 calorie diet and have lost 17.8 pounds in 4 weeks. I've worked up to 32 minutes of cardio exercise on a bicycle. I prefer a stationary bicycle to walking because you can get your heart rate up quicker and burn more calories in less time
If only i could get my hands on a stationary bicycle^^ My nutrionist told me to stay on a 1600 cal, 45-60 carbs per meal, and 15-20 carbs per snack. (oh, and i am on 200 carb intake) She said it will work I hope to god it do~ I want to go out and walk tommorow morning or do at least 30 minutes of cardio on On demand:] I want to do something though lol
Old 06-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #12  
Pop Princess~

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrophe View Post
I cannot answer that. I have so many other health obstacles besides PCOS... dude, I'm just aiming for ANY loss in a year. I just think of it in terms of -1 lbs a week and that's all I can worry about. 1 lb at a time.

Just get on with it. Do you think you would seriously STOP walking and eating healthy because you "only" made it to -65 lbs in a year? When walking a little more and -80 lbs is just around the corner?

Go for it!

A.
You're right I can do this. I am just alittle scared of losing weight. i'm only 16 and will losing weight get me 'flabby skin'? I really don't want that