Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 06-20-2011, 04:09 PM   #1  
I think I can...

Default Hypnosis For Weight Loss

So I'm watching Dr. Oz and there is a Hypnotist on discussing how hypnosis can be effective for weight loss.
Has anyone ever tried this? If not would you?
I HAVE!!! About 2 months ago while playing around on youtube I came across some and I listened, it was the strangest thing. I was listening then the next thing I know I hear the guy say "COME BACK" & I "woke up." Mind you I don't remember falling asleep at all! He says you think you're asleep but you're not, just very very relaxed.
I listened every night for about a week & I was super motivated and was actually eager to do exercise.
I'm still very skeptical by nature so I will say it's worth it to check out because it just might work.(LOL)
mzKiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 333/T/190

Height: 5'4

I have not tried it for weight loss but I would definitely try it and I think it would work. I used a program called hypnobabies while I was pregnant and it was wonderful. Its about using hypnosis to control childbirth without narcotics.
abbysue715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:38 AM   #3  

I admit it. I broke down while reading the newspaper at one of those hypnotist ads who show up at the local Holiday Inn. I went and it's become an amazing journey. I've lost 22lbs in 6 weeks. I eat half the amount of food I did before and I don't have cravings. It's easy to follow a diet when you aren't hungry. There are a few diet requirements that took some adjustment because this hypnotist had his own weight loss plan yet it's so easy to follow that it's not really a diet. The hypnosis made weight loss painless which I think is the magic bullet that most of us look for when we search for a new diet. I guess the best indicator will be can I maintain the weight loss long term and can I stick with it to lose all my weight? So far the answer is yes and this is the longest I've been able to stick to a diet in years.

I have a great deal of weight to lose but I can 'live" like this the rest of my life. This isn't dieting this is easily a permanent way of weight loss for me.
desertdiva2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:23 PM   #4  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

I would totally try it, in person tho not through tape or video
if they can make you quack like a duck i dont see why they cant help your eating habits, at least for awhile. My moms friend completely quit smoking after like 20 years because of hypnosis
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

I'm with Jill. I would try it too. I did the hypnosis to quit smoking quit smoking about 7 years ago. Afterwards I had absolutely NO desire to smoke! It was a very strange feeling because I knew I had smoked...I knew I had "enjoyed" it before....and I kept thinking how odd it was that I didn't want a cigarette...very weird.

So, I don't see why a weight loss one wouldn't work. I'm sure it depends on the person, because I know that not everyone is able to be hypnotised. Heck, for all I know it could have all been in my head....but I don't smoke anymore...so there ya go. I'll have to start scouring the paper again...see if I can get in on one of the weight loss ones
jyoyo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:59 AM   #6  

Hi every on. I am new to this forum, my name is Jennifer.

I found a hypnosis MP3 by chance. I watched a YouTube video about why it's so hard to quit smoking. They guy explained that it's our subconscious that prevents us from winning the battle and that there is a 1 hour MP3 that a person can listen to to re-program the subconscious. It's guides you through a self-hypnosis process and gets your subconscious to agree that quitting smoking is something you really want.

I went to the the link he sent me where I could download the MP3 to quit smoking and I saw quite a few others that are available there and one of them is to lose weight. I've been using the quit smoking MP3 for 4 days now and I'm already smoking less cigarettes per day (I was smoking 20/day now I can only manage abou 10-12/day), so I believe the lose weight one will work too. As soon as I've achieved my goal to quit smoking, I'm going to download the lose weight MP3.

I know this forum has rules about posting links, so PM me if you want the link the guy sent me.
Jennifer111 is offline   Reply With Quote