Old 06-19-2011, 10:34 AM   #1  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Question Protein Packets question?

So i know im not on the "real" IP with the protein packets..but i use my alternative products as a shake protein packets and im just wondering if or when people drink there shakes or products? Im tempted to group two shakes together at one meal to combat the hunger for the next 3 days..So instead of having 1 at breaky then 1 and snack and 1 at lunch and 1 after dinner...
I was thinking of doing 2 at breakfast and 2 at lunch and then 1 after dinner?

Did you find this a way of combating hunger or no?

I also bought some chicken boullion you mix with water..its low sodium..Is this okay to drink? to help with hunger too? I find it hard to drink my water the first few days..until i get used to it..

And no we dont have MIO..So any other water tips would be helpful..especially since we dont have crystal light made with splenda..

Does anyone use those no calorie sparkling flavored waters ?
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Sounds like a lot of shake! Have you read the thread on alternative, or the stickies, there is alot of information on there to help you out. Are you just taking shakes? no vitamins, or salt?, Water is the key, you have to get it down.
locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:04 PM   #3  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

oh yah..im still doing 4 cups of veg plus vitamins and minerals plus sea salt and olive oil plus water water water

I just wanted to know if i could combine two packets at a sitting instead of spreading them out so i can feel full..
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:16 PM   #4  
Started IP: 5/14/11

1 packet followed by a bunch of water worked for me to get that full feeling! Then a steady flow of water keeps that full feeling for hours
Dan is Boring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 159/150/129

Height: 5'2

There are lots of things you can do besides another packet.
You can have unlimited lettuce, so why not try a salad for a mid morning snack.
An additional cup of veggies spread through out the day ( 1/2 cup of celery mid morning) might be enough to get your through.

Hot water with lemon, or try internet searching for cucumber water recipe with mint.

Drink the water, follow the instructions and you will lose the weight.

NO CHEATING... and it ill work. If you are planing escape route before you start are you setting yourself up for success?

Positive affirmation, tell yourself you can do it.
Thefireresides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:47 PM   #6  
Jocey

S/C/G: (191)...171/151.5/145

Height: 5"4"

Maybe it's your mind set that needs a bit of adjusting. Do all you can to feel full like drinking your protein slowly, drinking your water slowly. I drink carbonated lemon water which makes me feel full. Then I try to change the channel of my mind. There is truth to mind over matter. For me losing weight really matters to me, it's worth the work. Best wishes to you on your journey.
Jazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 512/471/300

Height: 5'11"

I have to keep drinking a lot of water to feel full.
crash302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:52 PM   #8  
OP 6/5/11

S/C/G: 252/197/195

Height: 6'3"

I've found that after a few weeks, one shake does the trick - along with copious amounts of water. My coach has me drinking my body weight/2 in oz of water - which works out to around a gallon/day plus an additional cup for each cup of coffee or tea.

My stomach has seemed to have shrunk to the point that I can't put a whole lot in it and a couple of 12 oz glasses of water fills me up and fights off any hunger pangs. I've been doing no more than four shakes a day thus far.

Good luck with staying OP.
kellyg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

My first week on IP I snacked on dill pickles a lot! Salty and crunchy, very low in calories & carbs. Hang in there!
pselias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:20 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

I would be miserable with nothing but shakes too- and I love the shakes I'm using! I have read that 1 whole egg + 2 egg whites is equivalent to an omlette packet. I've been having that for breakfast pretty much every day with no problems. Egg whites are free now, so use them! Have an egg white omlette with some chopped veggies or a bit of salsa for breakfast.

Are you not using any bars? Can you not find any that work? Shoppers and Walmart should have some sort of bar that fits the bill. I use Detour bars- many others use Pure Protein. If you eat egg whites at breakfast, a shake at lunch, normal meal at dinner and a bar as evening snack, you're set.

I eat pickles with abandon. I spread my veggies out through the day (4 Cups) and have a salad at lunch and dinner. If I'm hungry (rare) I will eat a salad. It takes some time, but once you get used to it, it's as satisfying as anything you would have snacked on before. I never would have thought I'd love me some salad as much as I do now
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote