Old 06-18-2011, 09:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Onion rings!!!!!

Ouch I ate 6 onion rings for 11 points! Boo my first really unhealthy food since I started WW 2 weeks ago. I feel gross and regret my choice. Oh well just a reminder how crappy food feels in my belly.

Just needed to get that off my chest. Thanks
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:15 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

No one's perfect! At least the next time you're tempted with onion rings you can remember that they weren't worth it!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5'6

gee those sound good!
Jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 258/244.6/190

Height: 5'7"

I made some bad eating decisions I am not proud of today. I will definately regret it when I see the scale tomorrow
iamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 183/maintaining 135ish

Height: 5'6"

I had onion rings on a "diet break" day a couple of months ago, because I had been craving them, and was disappointed by their greasiness. I have made home-made baked onion rings since and like them much better.
bronzeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:47 AM   #6  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

It's amazing how the foods we sometimes crave end up just making us feel crappy, physically and psychologically, when we indulge. But as Lovely said, a good reminder that it's not worth it!

I like Alexia's onion rings, I get them in the organic frozen section of our Meijer or at Whole Foods. They are still expensive pointwise for what you get (6 pp for 6 I think) so I think I've made them once... maybe twice? since joining WW and I just do a half serving for myself. But if I have a "taste" for them, I don't need a full portion to satisfy that.

Last edited by Somni; 06-19-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Somni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 228/178/164

Height: 5'8"

I made homemade onion rings from a recipe on WW site and they were delish!! DH loved them...they were a little time consuming but definitely worth it as I love onion rings!!
Lots2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

I had pizza a few months back, which was the first junky stuff i had eaten in awhile since starting. I remember i was up ALL night with my stomach feeling so queazy and icky. Then the other day my brain turned off and i bought this pre-made salsa dip from the grocery store... the kind with the grated cheese on the top with salsa and then some sour cream stuff on the bottom... you know, the totally incredible stuff. Well, i ate it all... (ya i know).. and it tasted INCREDIBLE... however, again during the night my stomach just didnt agree with it. Was totally nauseated.

I guess its my body telling me to not eat that stuff, because it doesnt like it anymore. I wont do it again!!.
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:25 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 222/ 168/ STG 160/ LTG 145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proatthis View Post
Ouch I ate 6 onion rings for 11 points! Boo my first really unhealthy food since I started WW 2 weeks ago. I feel gross and regret my choice. Oh well just a reminder how crappy food feels in my belly.
Proatthis- that's the beauty of WW, we can allow for treats if you manage them into your points. Six rings @ 11 pts.. next time have 3 for 5.5 and that's a totally doable snack amount. I make my meals and treats last by chewing slowly, and spacing the next bite out as to savor the food. Plus you can take a nice walk to replace some of those points. Don't beat yourself up*, tomorrow is a fresh day, and know that you can allow yourself special treats.

*I totally just had a bad points week, myself.
girlsenberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

I have been meaning to try a homemade onion recipe from hungry girl...
What are you all using for recipes?
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:57 AM   #11  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

On the one hand, WW is designed to allow us to have those splurges like that. But, on the other hand, I've done that before and felt awful. I went on a "diet break" back in April and didn't count anything and just felt so sick by the end of the few days.

I think it's one thing if we purposely budget to eat those onion rings and it's another if we didn't plan on it and end up eating them anyway, possibly going over points or whatever.

As for homemade, I've never tried them, but I've been using a new cookbook lately called Appetite for Reduction (it's a great cookbook even if you aren't vegan (I'm vegetarian)) and there is an onion ring recipe in there I've been meaning to try. A friend of mine did it and said it was really good.
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:55 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Ya I want to try and make them at home too! It's all that grease that makes me feel so awful when you haven't had it in a while.
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote