Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 06-15-2011, 07:35 PM   #1  

Default It's not enough

I went from I want to weigh like I did 2 summer s ago to I want to be a healthy weight to I need to lose 2 more kilos to I need to lose 3 more.... I get so many compliments every day but I still dont feel like I'm there yet.. Im frustrated with work cause all i do is sit for 8 hours a day so I've gone to the gym every night for 1.5 hour for 8 days in a row but had to take tonight off as im exhausted.

Also on another topic I feel guilty posting new pics of me on facebook whilst I know my good friend is really overweight and she's been struggling, I don't wanna rub it in her face but at the same time I wanna show people too..
May1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/149/130

Height: 5"7 , BodyFat%: 24.8 Goal%: 15

Yeah, I'm worried that's what I'll be like with me.... People just notice that I've lost weight and think I look good. But I don't agree. There's always more that can be done (without going overboard).
My best friend is overweight. I suppose we were overweight together. I tried motivating her to lose weight, cause I was, but she kept making excuses. I lost weight, she gaind more. It's not your fault your friend is having trouble. Sooner or later she'll have an "Ah-ha" moment and get a move on. You should be inspiration enough. You should be proud of what you've accomplished and not censor it just because you think it might be insensitive.
CeciliaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 287/175/180

Height: 5'9"

Post those pics girl! Don't hide your light! One of the best things about losing weight, for me anyway, is being able to inspire other people. You're going to inspire people without ever knowing it. Anybody who would use your success as a reason to feel bad about themselves is in a very bad place indeed and they need help. But that's no reason for you to hide yourself! You worked hard- now enjoy it!

As far as "when to stop"- just realize, there's no such thing as perfection. The changes you want to see might not come from further weight loss. I've changed my body (lost an inch off waist and inch off hips) without losing a pound for the last 2-3 months. Strength training and building up some muscle has made changes to my body that are much more exciting than simply losing pounds.

As far as working out that much- remember, you need rest! You don't build muscle at the gym. You do the work there, then the changes happen as you rest. I can also end up working out over 7 days in a row if I don't pay attention... sometimes 14 days! But then I get exhausted and that's no good. I think one day off a week is minimum. Or at least one day where you don't do anything too strenuous- maybe a brief walk or something.
k8yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:48 PM   #4  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

OMG - YES AND YES! I completely understand. Oh boy, do I. I have two friends that are overweight and it used to make me feel bad that I was feeling better and looking healthier than they were. But I decided recently that I can't be responsible for how THEY feel about themselves. But I still won't gloat about how good I am looking these days and tell them about the compliments I have been getting from men; which is something new to me and I'm THRILLED about it. But I will post pics of myself. I will continue eating healthy around them.

Be proud of your accomplishments girl! You deserve to be after all that hard work! Maybe it will rub off on your friend and she'll make healthier lifestyle changes for herself?

As far as when to stop. I think you will just know. But also stay mindful of when you think you may be going overboard. My initial goal was to get to 144 pounds -- total of 40 lost. Got there. Changed it to 139. Got there. Changed it to 132. And I know when I get to 132 I'll be changing it to 129. And all these weights are still NORMAL for my height. It's when I start fantasizing about ribs showing and pinching tiny pieces of fat on my inner thighs is when I'll know I need to get things in check.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Don't hold yourself back for anyone.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote