UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 05:31 PM   #1  

Default Hello all - new member here

Hi everyone

I've just joined and thought I'd introduce myself. There are so many different discussions and forums, i wasn't quite sure where to begin, but as I'm in the UK, this seemed like a good place to start!

I have just re-started my diet, once again, as I do every January 1st. The last two years I have made very slow progress and at the end of the year (after Christmas eating) have ended up only slightly lighter than than the year before, but I still see this as postive, as previously I started each New Year heavier. I've tried so many different diets, and have come to the conclusion that what works for me is counting calories, it gives me some flexibility and I can eat what foods I want. I've got a good idea of what constitutes good and bad cals, and I think I eat fairly healthily. I started doing this about mid-way last year, after 18mth of Atkins, and it worked quite well, but I tended to be a bit too flexible on the weekends with the result that I would lose a lb or two during the week, only to put it back on again over the weekend, so my weight stayed fairly steady, although did go down a bit. And then December happened, the run up to Christmas, the "well, I'll be eating over Christmas, so there's no point in dieting now" syndrome and I'm now another 12 lbs heavier than I was at the beginning of Dec. How dull is that!

Anyway, I'm 40 next year (February) and I have been saying for the last few years that I'm going to be at my target weight (9'6) before I hit 40, so I've got to do it this year. I'm currently 11.5, so it's obviously do-able if I can just control my eating. I'm a person of extremes, when I diet, I diet, I'm very good, no cheating, no mucking about. When I fall off the wagon, so to speak, I do it big style and eat just about everything in my path!

So that's a bit about me, I'm married, have an 8 yr old daughter and work part-time, and tend to ramble on a bit when I only meant to stop and say hello.

So hello all, look forward to getting to know you all a bit better
Old 01-08-2003, 08:09 PM   #2  

Hey Madam Dotty welcome good to see you posting
Old 01-09-2003, 03:21 AM   #3  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

Good to meet you, I am having problems posting so I hope this gets to you!!
Hope you do well with your weight loss feel free to post your loss each week on our thread, whenever you have your weigh in, and welcome!!
Old 01-09-2003, 07:45 AM   #4  
Theres no stopping me now

Hello Madam Dotty and welcome, we're looking forward to getting to know you a bit better. (we're a nosy bunch really but don't tell anyone)
Old 01-09-2003, 08:47 AM   #5  

Welcome Madame Dotty - keep us informed of your progress!
Old 01-09-2003, 04:24 PM   #6  

Angry

Thanks all for your welcome. I've had more of a look around the site - there's just so much going on here. I printed out a recipe earlier today and tried it out this evening - Oven Fried Honey Chicken, it was very nice, but I did cook it for a bit too long, but a way of making ordinary Chicken breasts a bit more exciting. So I'm glad I joined!

I weigh on a Monday morning, I'm feeling positive as my clothes are starting to feel a bit more comfortable, so I know I've lost some of the Christmas excess, even if it is mostly water, so I'll let you all know how I get on.
Old 01-09-2003, 05:20 PM   #7  
Wahey a loss this wk!!!!!

Welcome Madame Dotty
Closed Thread