PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 06-11-2011, 12:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

Default Moody Ladies?

Maybe I'm just a moody person these days... but is it normal to be so moody, and have such Awful mood swings?!
I mean, I know I need a vacation... but I have such a hard time controlling my mood these last few years...
I mean one minutes I am super happy, peppy, ready to go and the next I hate everyone and want to snap!!!
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:54 AM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I have been in the past. Do you chart? That might give you hints as to where your hormones are at when.

What about blood sugar? Do you meter?

Those two seem to be my biggies -- cycle day and blood sugar.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:44 AM   #3  

I haven't had a cycle in over a year now... Uncontrolled pcos...
and my sugar stays in a good area.
SoIdk
Old 06-11-2011, 10:35 AM   #4  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

I'm PCOS too.

But again... charting could give you hints. For instance, my charts were all zig-zaggedy.... bumping up and crashing down like I was trying to O but never making it. I could tell those were my cranky times.

It smoothed out on BCP, so less cranky. I'm taking a BCP break now so I'm prepared for the emergence moodiness again.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 06-11-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:36 AM   #5  

I'll have to try that! I've got to do something lol
Old 06-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #6  
Picking Myself back up

Height: 5'6 1/2

Pcos.. made me ARGH terrible.. I would snap if i was tired.. snap if I was hungry. sometimes i would tink i was a monster...
After i lost about 30 pounds.. things seemed to get calmer.
and metformin i was on too for a while that helped.. and when i was on b/c pills that helped a lot. .but prior to all of that. I was late teens, I could kill if someone rubbed me the wrong way. LOL.
MONSTER!!!! anyways. I remember saying one day. No way i could ever have kids, i would be a horrible mother, because of my temper/and so off guard..
but little did i know was my hormones. sadly here i am many years later, and because of pcos i was never able to have children..
If you can get some help.. There is help out there!
Grace73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:57 AM   #7  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Oh, remembered another thing. Are you getting enough sunlight/time outside?

How is your sleep quality? Do you get enough? Feel refreshed?

That can help with moods too.

A.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:04 PM   #8  

Lol i live beside the lake... I stay in the sun a lot, i'm burnt as we speak from floating all day!!

and Sleep is an issue.. I get enough sleep but I never feel rested.. My doctor was scheduling me for a sleep study but i never got to go.. I lost my insurance during a job change so I'm currently not seeing a doctor or on any meds because I can't afford it at this time.
I will be on my companies insurance in 5 months.. Till then I'm trying to lose weight and find natural help for some of my problems.

and counting to ten a LOT
lol
Old 06-12-2011, 11:19 PM   #9  

omg im sooo moody all the time! ive asked my gyno and she said my hormones are a mess so its to be expected but to get plenty of rest as well.. she also recommended a b vitamin for stress and such.. i just started to take it now so hopefully it kicks in lol..

this may sound strange.. but does anyone else suffer from low sex drive? since ive been diagnosed a few years ago ive noticed mine has gone way down.. not sure if its mental since ive gained weight or what, argh pcos!
butta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:31 PM   #10  

Let me know how thevitamin b works please!?
And as far as sex drive... Mine is gone... Has been for a good bit now... Swore it was just me... My bf is probably ready to kill me. :/
Old 06-13-2011, 12:57 AM   #11  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

I take b12 and D because I was low. It came up in the last lab but I'm continuing til the next.

My drive is ok but I know low drive happens in PCOS. We had a varied thread on that one here a bit ago...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos...ut-libido.html

HTH!
A
Old 06-15-2011, 12:44 PM   #12  
Returning Chick

S/C/G: 195/185/135

Height: 5'1

I'm so glad someone brought this up. I, too, have been incredibly moody lately, which is very unusual for me. I used to be the one at work to keep everyone together and keep progress rolling with a good attitude. These days I really don't care. Any little thing sets me off; I'm tired, feel bad, and depressed. I also have no libido, but that's not really a problem as I don't currently have a partner to contend with. Haha.
I know it's because my hormones are out of control due to PCOS/prediabetes, but I hate being this way. I'm making everyone around me miserable as well, and that's not fair to them... :/ I'm on the South Beach Diet, hoping that shedding some pounds will make me feel better.
Strawbryrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 320/180

I suffer from the same thing. I started taking cinnamon/chromium supplements along with Metformin and it has helped with the sugar highs and lows A LOT! I feel so much better. I also was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder so I am on Lexapro. Anxiety, moodiness and irritability are symptoms of PCOS, so you might talk to your doctor to see if there is something else going on. As far as the sex drive...mine is at a ZERO! Hope you get it under control soon. Don't let it control you! Good luck!
JenRoling is offline   Reply With Quote