UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:29 AM   #1  
Finding what works for me

S/C/G: 209 / 194 / 160

Height: 5' 9"

Default Hello from not-so-sunny Scotland

Hello everyone, i just posted on introductions but thought I'd post here as I'm a UK chick! - I've been lurking on the site for a couple of weeks so I thought I’d dive in there and introduce myself. I'm 29 and live in Scotland. Over the past year I have put back on a lot of weight I’d previously lost (around 4 ½ stone) and am currently at my heaviest weight ever I had a pretty stressful job but I’ve always been a binge / over eater given the opportunity. I’m want to get the weight off but am coming to the realisation that perhaps diets don’t really work in the long term and I need to sort out my head before I’m ever going to get the weight to stay off…

I’ve dabbled a bit in intuitive eating but if I’m being honest, I never really gave it a fair chance; I just used it as an excuse to binge eat! Kind of paying attention to the rules I wanted to and ignoring the rest, I guess. I’m going to give it a go again though, and try to make sure I am mindful of what I am eating and how I am feeling, and see how I go. I am so sick of calorie counting and being obsessive about food and exercise – I want a sustainable way of living my life without the excess weight.

Phew, that was a load to get off my chest, thanks to anyone who’s listening / reading Funny how much easier it is to write it down that actually tell anyone face-to-face that you’re struggling. So, one small step at a time, here I go…
SuperChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #2  

Hey, I live in Scotland too...I think the winter we had with all the snow, followed by a lack lustre spring, didn't help anyone's diet aspirations. Still, I'm glad you're on here, and hello to a fellow scotlander.
Heleninedinburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

I am envious of both of you! I would give anything to live in Scotland. It has been my dream for...all my life?

Welcome to 3FC!!!
Iianae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:53 PM   #4  
Seafood and eat it :D

Hiya!! So.. Ive put on nearly 3 stone in the past year. Never really noticed how much weight id put on until my partner 'kindly' pointed out to me that i was much skinnier on a photo haha. Dont you just love men.
Ive been on so many diets this year. Every single one of them resulted in me stuffing my face and bingle eating. My excuses?? 'oh i'll start tomorrow.... I cant start a diet on a wednesday, il have to wait until monday'.
However, a week ago today ive started yet another diet. Ive gone from eating nothing but junk food (takeaways, crisps, sweets, pizzas,choclates etc) to having 3 small healthy meals a day. I feel so much better!! I have much more energy and oddly feel much lighter! Lol.. So its been hard. The first 2 days were the hardest. But i lost 5lbs in 4 days and this has given me the motivation to carry on.
I used to read everywhere(whilst searching for a miracle to lose 3 stone in a month lol) that you can't just 'diet', that it has to be a lifestyle change!! I used to think 'whatever' lol, but somehow i think this is 100 percent correct!! If i can do it, then you really can. Ive put this off for so long! This is the very last time im attempting to lose weight. If i dont do it now then i never will lol. Good luck hun!! Xxx
jayne231403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 189/144/133

Height: 5'6''

I'm with you superchick, good luck x
hopefulchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:31 AM   #6  

Thanks all for the good luck messages!

I just wanted to wish everyone Happy Monday - today is the day i have finally decided to make a real effort with my eating and not to give in to myself so easily. I'm not really 'on a diet' as such, my first aim today is to try to avoid the vending machine at work (and not nip into the shop on the way home for a chocolate bar) - so far so good, here's hoping i can last until bedtime

I'm also going to aim for 4 hours exercise this week - i used to do an hour a day (cycling to work and back usually does it) but have majorly fallen off the wagon recently. Time to get back on!

Good luck everyone with your coming week.

Last edited by SuperChick; 06-13-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:42 AM   #7  

I'm Scottish too! Hello!
Cookiebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Good luck!
yossarianlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:38 AM   #9  

yea! there's quite a scottish contingent (i have to confess I am actually english, but live in Scotland!)

Last edited by SuperChick; 06-15-2011 at 05:39 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:44 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 222/197/132

Height: 5'4"

Must be all those deep-fried Mars bars...

(I'm a Glasgow girl myself, but defected to Sweden)
wana wear a bikini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:17 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 206/124/112

Height: 5'1

good luck !
i <3 scotland :]
tomtom22 is offline   Reply With Quote