Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/see ticker/135

Height: 5'8"

Unhappy Cupcakes...

o m g I was told to make cupcakes for my niece's birthday today, I am about to start. I don't even want to think about trying one cause I know then I'd have the 2nd,3rd etc.

I think I have a problem with overeating because of the food I have in my house. I am a college student, living with my parents because can't afford my own place (California is expensive=/) Even though my dad has diabetes, my mom still buys sweets for herself and me. No matter how many times I tell her not to, she always does. I usually go to school and have work during the week but on the weekends I tend to eat all those goods.

I do not know what to do with myself I hate myself everyday for overeating junk/sweets but I can't help it=[
pointless2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/167/140

Height: 5'2"

You are far from fat with those statistics.........be careful.........try to stay at the weight you are. Too much emphasis on weight loss could lead to severe problems
MonicaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:44 PM   #3  

Ok I should probably re-phrase myself. I don't think I'm fat, I just think my stomach is fat... I don't wear bikinis or ttops. ever.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:18 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Your current weight is basically on the low end of my goal weight. The thing that's important here is that eating junk is not good for anyone, regardless of their weight. The best way to get your mom to stop buying junk is to not eat it so that she will hopefully eventually tire of wasting the money. Given that your dad is a diabetic, it seems quite insensitive of her to buy things that he cannot have...especially when you have asked her not to buy them for you either.

Every time she brings home something junky, how about you go and grab a fruit? Eat it right in front of her so she'll get the message loud and clear. You have to make a commitment to avoid these things, especially since diabetes runs in your family. Another strategy to use is maybe go to your room, whenever she takes out those foods. Or maybe go for a walk/run. Every time you avoid it, you will feel stronger and stronger. Those foods are quite addicting but if you can manage to stop eating them, you will eventually not be as interested in them....the beginning is the hardest of course.

What I do when I see something I really want is that I tell myself I can have it tomorrow or another time if I want...just not today. Then, I do that every day and take it one day at a time.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:48 PM   #5  

luckymommy; yes I understand that, but I see that you are a mom and it's a healthy weight for you, but I am 19 and I have a really fat stomach which looks gross... But thanks for the advice!! I already put it to work, my mom just walked in with an apple pie and a pack of sneakers ice cream bar (SO tempting), but I ate a kiwi and a banana instead and don't feel the need to much on those sweets.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Pointless, 154 is a healthy weight for 5'9, whether you're a 30-something mom or 19. And I have seen some HOT moms out there- and there are a lot on this board. Just because someone is a mom doesn't mean there's a different standard of attractiveness or hotness!

I saw one of your other posts somewhere about wanting to get to 130, and I agree with another poster on that thread who suggested maybe what you should look to do is work on reducing body fat and increasing muscle tone, instead of try to lose weight directly. 130 would put you in the 'unhealthy BMI' zone- not that BMIs are hard and fast truth numbers to live by, but it does raise questions.

I'd invite you to check out the Featherweights section of the forum, for other people looking to lose vanity pounds. The issues related to people at healthy weights who want to recomposite their body or lose those last few pounds that they want to lose for aesthetic purposes are really different from someone seeking to lose 50 or 100 lbs +.

As you've shared on this board you also may have some binging and body image struggles you're dealing with. This and Body Image after Weightloss are some great areas of the forum to check out.

Basically what I'm suggesting is to look critically at what you are unhappy about with your body and weight, since you are at a very healthy weight. Everyone doesn't like some parts of their body, but we are our own worse critics. Don't beat yourself up or tie too much of your self-worth into the aesthetics of a body part that doesn't look like someone else's does. You have too much else going for you!

Many, many hugs and best wishes for your journey
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote