Old 06-07-2011, 11:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/150

Default Need some Motivation/Momentum

Ugh..I think I've hit that point where I"m just bored. I haven't exercised all week (except for some yard work). AND I've gone over all my daily and weekly points for the entire week. I'm just feeling blah and can't seem to get my momentum back......any thoughts for what helps you when you lose momentum??

Thanks!
Angielynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:41 AM   #2  

Yes, sitting down and planning your meals and exercise in advance then following that plan. You are responsible for what you eat, it's all about choices, not momentum or motivation.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

I think about how badly i want to lose the weight. Then i straighten up and just do it. No one is going to come to my house and prepare my food for me, or hold my hand at the gym. It sucks, but i suck it up cause of how badly i want it. When i see a loss every week, that is my motivation to keep going.
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 205/167/140

Height: 5'4"

Angielynne

Sometimes during your weight loss journey, this happens. The best thing you can do is just keep moving forward. I know it's hard and my motivation wavers almost everyday. I start every morning off with healthy breakfast and then just go from there. Just keep your chin up and keep on keeping on!
sniperhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 205/167/140

Height: 5'4"

quilterInVa

I just looked at ur ticker, 205 lbs lost, that's amazing! Congratulations! I'm sure you hear it all the time, but that's just so incredible I had to say something.
sniperhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:50 PM   #6  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Try changing something up- new exercise or something. You just need to visualize what you want, your goals and is it worth undoing all your progress?? That's what got me back/to stay on track because I didn't want to start over.

I also tack up a pair of shorts that is one size less to help remind me to stay on track and will do the same with the next size down, etc.

You can do it!!! Congrats on your 17lb loss.

PS, you might wanna join a challenge or two- these have really helped me a lot especially on those days where I have NO motivation. Maybe a 4th of July challenge or Labor Day challenge?

Last edited by amandie; 06-07-2011 at 01:52 PM.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:06 PM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Angie - Try focusing on something not scale related. Make a challenge for yourself and then aim to achieve it. COMMIT to something this week and follow through. Then reward yourself with something for reaching your goals for the week. Not the scale.

At some point motivation runs out. Momentum runs down. Commitment is all we have left. It's a cycle. There are going to be days in the future where you're all pumped to eat right and exercise... and those days you're going to be so thankful you COMMITTED to doing good even when you didn't feel like it.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote