Old 06-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/236/154

Height: 5'6"

Default sad news

I got news that a close family member had a heart attack today....i am in shock

After the shock kicked in i got the hugest motivation to workout, so here i am all sweaty after 13 minutes on the elliptical, not much but it is a start...
Hopefully tomorrow the motivation will still be there...
I don't want the day to come when my daughter has to feel the way i do right now....

Sorry about the not so pleasant thread
....had to vent somewhere....
Britt83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:53 PM   #2  
*Buttercup*

S/C/G: 342/208/145

Height: 5'5''

I'm so sorry to hear that, and hope you're feeling better.

Sometimes though, sad to say, but it takes things like that to open your eyes.

Good luck, and great job on the elliptical!
mypinkpolkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 249/236.5/155

Default My condolences to you and your family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt83 View Post
I got news that a close family member had a heart attack today....i am in shock

After the shock kicked in i got the hugest motivation to workout, so here i am all sweaty after 13 minutes on the elliptical, not much but it is a start...
Hopefully tomorrow the motivation will still be there...
I don't want the day to come when my daughter has to feel the way i do right now....

Sorry about the not so pleasant thread
....had to vent somewhere....
I am so sorry to hear about your family member. I am very impressed that you took your feelings and funneled them into something so good for you. Keep that feeling, use it to move yourself forward. Use your daughter as a motivator, you have a job here that is far from done and you need to be here and healthy to raise your daughter.

Hugs,

crawfishmonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

I think that all of the heart and health problems in my family became my number one motivation to lose weight and get healthy!
Heart disease, diabetes and many other health problems are so prominent in my family.
After seeing the things my mom has gone through in the last few years opened my eyes more than anything else in this world and whipped my into shape recently.
I'm so sorry you suffered a loss, I pray for your healing and hope that you continue to keep funneling your energy to well!
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

My condolences for you and your family.
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:40 PM   #6  

so sorry!
LA85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: HWK256/SW247/239/150

Height: 5'5"

I am so sorry for you and your family, I will say a prayer. Its such a great thing that you are going to work on your own health.
dancinginpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/196/165

Height: 5'09

I am very sorry for your loss. I am glad you have the motivation to do this and trust me if you ever get discouraged, read the threads and the posts and it will pick you back up. HUGS
dmam82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:24 PM   #9  
amber

S/C/G: 318/288.8/220

Height: 5'5"

Very sorry to hear that. I also think it's great that you have used a bad situation as a motivation to make a good situation the best way you can. 13 minutes is a great start! I know when I was at 231 I was proud at 7 minutes lol! You can do it, anything is better than nothing, maybe try 14 minutes the next day and so on. Also, if you like dancing or zumba I have some youtube videos I love and they have helped me immensely.

Any time you want to give up remember this day, remember why you are doing this and push yourself.

I do not know if you family member passed or not. Either way I am sorry. But, if they did not pass away I'd like to tell you many people who have heart attacks recover fine and get healthier after- they kind of have to. Working on the ambulance I never had one patient pass away from one. Only the stubborn ones who called too late- weeks or months later. So there is hope if your family member is still here.

Very sorry for your news, good for you taking action though!
ButterCup85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

I'm so sorry but excellent start with the 13 minute exercise!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:11 AM   #11  
Miss October

S/C/G: 153/116.2/120

Height: 5'2"

My father has had 5 heart attacks and 2 bypass surgeries. His first heart attack was at 26- just three years older than I am now. His last was around when I was 3. Now, he's 61 and fit, running almost every day.

I don't want to go down the path he went down. That is my primary motivation. When I had a very high cholesterol number at 18, I was shocked. I was healthy! I had a few extra pounds, but I ate healthy foods- my biggest problem was exercise. Knowing now that I have to really fight my cholesterol has helped keep me motivated to keep moving.

Honestly, these are the realities- we all focus on the positives of fitting into smaller clothing, but it's great motivation to realize that you'll be fitter and healthier!

I'm so sorry to hear about this.
CorinneIrene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:09 AM   #12  

I am so sorry to hear you have received such shocking news.

I also have family members who have had heart attacks...plus strokes, so I searched the internet to find if there was a way to prevent both...diet-wise. And there is.
Berries...dark purple ones.
Blueberries, blackberries, elderberries and more.
Even blue and purple grapes help.

So a couple of years ago I trudged on over to the grocers to buy some to add to my daily diet. I got sticker shock, but bought them anyway.
I am also losing more weight and feel much better now, and I have planted my own blueberries, blackberries, currants and grapes to avoid the rising costs of berries. Fruit is expected to double in price soon.

I make my own berry juices and freeze them in little plastic juice containers that I saved. Then I drink about 8 ounces of the juice daily. It is a lot of extra work to grow, pick and process my own juice, but the extra work and exercize is also what I need. Plus my juice has no chemicals and is not watered down like store bought. I get the benefits of the real thing.

A heart attack is a wake-up call. The berries and grapes can prevent an attack. Search the internet for "berries heart attack" and you will find sooo many articles on how they actually help. But losing weight is just as important.

My thornless blackberries are in full bloom today. The flowers have such a heavenly perfume! And I have quarts of strawberries to pick this weekend.

Best of luck to you in your weight loss endeavors.

JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:02 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 259/181/ 150

Height: 5'7

Sorry to hear that luvie. Sending hugs all the way. I hope they get better. XXX
WLGirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 285/169/Ticker

My condolences! So sorry to hear that! Stay strong <3 <3
shellofself is offline   Reply With Quote