Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 10:23 PM   #1  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Default Okay so what are we going to do about it?

I just finished reading through the posts on Jenniffer's thread Coming Clean. I feel the same way a lot of you do, the anguish and guilt of indulging in treats and not exercising, how utterly grim it is to see the scale creeping back up again. Unfortunately this is nothing new to any of us. It is a viscious circle that we are struggling against.

So what are we going to do about it?

What is YOUR plan of attack?

I bought myself a brand new journal and a new pen (ah yes, weight loss begins in the stationary store!) and I'm committed to journalling my food/water intake and exercise. Already I'm looking back at my day and wondering what the heck I was thinking with some of my food choices. I've drank 2 of the 3 bottles I was aiming to drink today and I actually climbed some stairs at work. Some small successes. On my days off work I am committing to do some cardio and strength training. I'm going to workout at home this month and evaluate how I am doing on my own. I'm considering joining a gym again but I'm going to see how I do this month. I have no excuses not to follow through with my plans.

Let's hear from some of you, what are you doing NOW to meet your goals.
Old 01-06-2003, 11:17 PM   #2  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Body for Life. So far, so good
Old 01-07-2003, 09:43 AM   #3  

Well, I need to get back in to faithfully journalling. Some days I'm really good about it, some days I just keep track in my head. Actually, *more* days I just keep track in my head. It's a bad, bad habit to get into, & I need to break it.

I am also exercising regularly. I'm getting in cardio 5-6 days per week & toning at least 3 days a week.

I'm really trying to establish healthy behaviors now so when I maintain, I've got a solid foundation.
Old 01-07-2003, 02:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

yep, i also jumped on the journalling train. that, and not shrugging off the workouts. last night i did some light weights while watching friends. that's what i need to do!
Old 01-07-2003, 02:25 PM   #5  

Weightloss will again be on the front burner. The most important thing in my life. That is the only way it works for me. No more putting other things ahead of it. Nothing or No one.

Old 01-07-2003, 02:35 PM   #6  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I had to change my water routine.

I had saved 2 big 64 oz jugs from Welch's grape juice, & filled them w/water, so I would always have some here & @ home. That was too overwhelming, so I saved my empty liter bottles of Aquafina & just keep refilling them. Just 2 of them & I've reached my water goal for the day.

I'm also going to classes alone for the first time, and not caring if I'm the fattest one in the room. I've got just as much right to be there as anyone else.
Old 01-07-2003, 04:57 PM   #7  

Jen,

I started out just like you with a NEW notebook and a set of colored pens ... LOL!!

I bought a sturdy 3 subject notebook. In the first section I'm keeping a food diary.

In the 2nd I'm keeping a journal. Talking about my thoughts, my feelings, my cravings, my attitude.

Unfortunately I'm having major problems fitting in exercise ... I work full time and have two young kids ... and it's been too slippery for walking on my lunch break.

I've got hand weights and am trying to do some stretching and toning stuff at home. It's better than nothing, but it's not cardio at all.

I wish you the best and look forward to hearing about your successes.
Old 01-07-2003, 05:06 PM   #8  
Catwoman

I have committed myself to walking an hour per day, so far I've notched up almost 14 hours in the last two weeks! This is a first for me, I'm actually doing exactly what I planned and it feels great~!
Old 01-07-2003, 05:10 PM   #9  
Slowly going crazy!

I'm journalling online. cuz it's keeping me honest. That said, a paper journal would have probably gotten lost in my stacks of crap and stuff all over the house. *LOL*....

My exercise program: clean my closets...lots of bending, lifting and stretching .
Old 01-07-2003, 07:35 PM   #10  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Steph - How old are you kids? Can you buy one of those cheezy Kidz Bop videos and dance with them? My kids loved to dance like crazy fools when they were little, and it's a real workout!
Old 01-07-2003, 11:12 PM   #11  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

OMG Jennelle!! What a great idea for mom's who don't have time for exercise!! How's that fo taking our excuses and throwing them right out the door!!!

For me it's counting calories (I put together a cool little spreadsheet for every day) that I use. I am determined to lift weights 3 times a week. I have enjoyed it so far. I will stick to this until I decide what I am really going to do.
Closed Thread