UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 05:16 PM   #1  
Theres no stopping me now

Lightbulb Commitment to Me

OK I am very motivated after just returning from WW. We were talking about making a committment to losing weight, whether it be you want to lose weight, for that holiday, or a wedding you are going to, or a graduation or a special birthday.

We got to talking about creating a committment book, where we could all write our commitments down so that we could encourage each other to meet their goals and enjoy the holiday, wedding, birthday even better.

It is probably a very common WW thing at this time of year, I don't know. But it got me thinking that maybe we could have the same thing here ?

Has any body got an event when they want to lose weight by, a sensible, healthy and achievable weight loss ?
Old 01-06-2003, 05:23 PM   #2  
Theres no stopping me now

Default Here's mine

Sean will be 8 on Tuesday 25th March. He wants his birthday party at the local laser quest arena. I have never been and I want to 'play' along with him and his friends.

You have to wear a harness which apparently has coloured lights on it that show when you have been shot. I have no idea what these harnesses are like, I am a bit worried that I may not be able to find one to fit me comfortably. They may be adjustable, if they are please don't tell me that yet, save it until the day of the party.

This type of party also means I will need to run around and hide and shoot his pals from sneaky hiding places. I will need more energy than I currently have, I couldn't run around for 5 minutes at the moment, let alone for 2 x 20 minute games.

So my committment to me is to lose 1.5 stones - 21lbs between 6/1/03 and 24/3/03.

It is exactly 11 weeks to the last weigh in before Seans birthday. So I can make this within the healthy weight loss of 1-2lbs a week, but I will have to work hard at it to make the loss consistant.

But it is very doable - with effort and elbow grease.
Old 01-06-2003, 06:42 PM   #3  
Gym'll fix it!!

I plan to lose 40lbs by mid May (my birthday) which gives me approx 18 weeks..a bit ambitious..but i'm gonna give it my best shot I think we're going to England this year too..there was about 30lbs less of me the last time i went so i'll still look the same to "them" i don't want anyone coming up to me and saying "You've gained weight!"
Old 01-07-2003, 04:54 AM   #4  

I have recently booked my first holiday for four years - it is on 22nd October so i really, really want to loose no less than 3 stone by then!

I found out last night that there is a new WW class starting just down the road from me this morning - i used to go to SW but did not really get on with it for some reason. Have decided to start again from today by going to the new class.
Old 01-07-2003, 06:40 AM   #5  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

I would like to be at target (11-13) when we go to Fuerteventura in August, it can be done I just need to be consistent.
Old 01-07-2003, 08:45 AM   #6  

I don't know how much I want to lose but I definately want to be thinner for the summer (if we have one). There is nothing worse than being a huge sweaty object when all around you are merely glowing! I am not bothered about wearing skimpy numbers, I just don't want to wear a huge bra which gets soaked cups underneath the boobs (sorry to be so graphic. Plus with such large bras you are limited to what you wear on top.

As of 6/1/03 I am 13st 4 1/2 lbs. I suppose I should be around 9st - 9st 7lbs but if I get down to 10st and I am happy then I won't worry about it.

My main concern is for my blood pressure to go down. Wanda (the amazing losing lady) at my class said hers had gone down well.
Old 01-07-2003, 12:27 PM   #7  

I don't have a particular weight loss in mind, but I want to be slimmer by the time I graduate from university, which will be in June. There's no way I can be at target by then, but any loss would be a good thing (especially after gaining weight this christmas).

It'll be nice to have good photos of my graduation, and to have more confidence when it comes to job interviews.
Old 01-07-2003, 08:22 PM   #8  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Baby steps for me this time. One day or something at a time I say. I would like to lose ten pounds by mid Feb. Six weeks since I got back on track that will be, it is very do-able, and I don't feel that it is a lot to ask of myself. This is a great idea for a thread Carol....thanks.
Old 01-11-2003, 09:45 AM   #9  

Im not sure if Im going on holiday this year but I really want to and if I do I wanna be 9st something, I'll be happy if I get to 10st though!

I coped on holiday last year at 12st but it was difficult as I could never just walk around in my bikini like some of my mates and if I do go on holiday this year I wanna feel comfortable in bikinis, vest tops and strappy tops and dresses when we go clubbing at night!

Another big target for me is the fact that I'll be starting uni at the end of September and I refuse to start university fat!
Coz I think if I start university fat, thats how everyone will always kinda see me even if I lose weight while Im there, do you know what I mean?

Coz I remember kids who were fat at school, some of them grew out of their puppy fat but most people still saw them as chubby becasue you see them everyday and dont notice the change, am I making any sense?

I just wanna start uni slim!
Closed Thread