PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2003, 07:39 PM   #1  

Question question re carb grams

Hi there

I have a question for any of you who count/watch/limit carb grams. How many carbs is recommended? I know what the Atkins plan and some other plans require, but I am planning to put together my own plan, less restrictive. I do believe that I need to limit my carb intake and I plan to elimate "white foods" (white rice, pasta, white bread etc) I'm jsut not sure how many grams of carbs is "reasonable". Thanks.

capernan
Old 01-05-2003, 08:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Average American diet has 300 grams or more per day. Cut that in half, or down under 100 grams per day, and you may notice a difference.
Old 01-06-2003, 10:01 AM   #3  

Thanks Sherie. You info is helpful.

capernan
Old 01-06-2003, 01:27 PM   #4  
PCOS Educator (non prof)

Make sure you visit your local Diabetes Center and discuss this with a Registered Dietician. Everyone is different and there is no "set in stone" guideline.

All I do is eat healther, I dont count carbs. I just make better choices and avoid high carbic foods (anything above 26 grams per 1/2 cup is definately off limits, but I try and keep my sweets down to under 20grams for "splearges"
Closed Thread