Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-23-2011, 10:27 AM   #1  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Default Binge Free Challenge: 5.23.11 - 5.29.11

Welcome to the binge-free challenge!!

This is a place where you can come in and talk about binging. Feel free to post about your successes and your struggles and keep track of how many days you've been binge free. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other.

No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!! Please do not hesitate to post your feelings. Jump right in head first!!! We WILL catch you!

Today is Day 226 for me.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

This past week made some mistakes, overate on protein bars and some rice crackers.

This week I will work on NOT overeating, watching my cals closer, and my hunger level.

About 1 more week for my 1 month binge free goal!

Last edited by Beila; 05-23-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #3  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Day 9 - pretty happy with my weekend, how can I not be, I didn't binge! Did I overeat, yes, did I binge - NO! And that's the goal at this juncture, so I'm estatic. Right now, I just want to continue with these baby steps for a while. I'm not sure what my goal is at this point. I really don't know if I not overeating is the goal either. But I do know that limiting and possibly completely eliminating binging is where I want to go. Right now, I need to stay in the moment and be proud of what I've done and not worry about this weekend or next.

I've taken a lot of notice of what really worked for me this weekend. I think it was planning and really allowing myself to eat what I wanted, but planning for it. Also eating less during the week so that I was prepared calorically for what I wanted and my weight was hardly effected by my indulgences the weekend. I pretty much stopped weight on Monday's while binging, and not wanting to be discouraged I wasn't going to weight today, but I did because I wanted to have a little more accountability, and I was pleasantly suprised.

Totally OP today, and sticking with the lower cal week plan. Monday's tend to be my lowest day, because I do the least amount of exercise and I always feel like kind of cleansing. I feel good and not hungry and food hasn't been in my thoughts that much today, which is rare and feels awesome.

So I'm just pluging along and really looking forward tomorrow when I'll be in double digits.

Congrats on being so close to 1 month Beila!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:18 PM   #4  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Beila- your doing great!
ncuneo- Congrads for not binging this weekend!

Day 1- always the hardest, but getting better now. My weight is getting out of control, I'm not going to give up. I'm not over eating or having junk til this weight is gone!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:00 PM   #5  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Hi girls! Getting towards the end of Day 19 here.... just want to tell you all again how happy I am to have found this group, I honestly don't know what I would have done without it.

Have a great week!!
mamato2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:39 PM   #6  
Chronic Pain Fighter

S/C/G: 165/?/128-132

Height: 5' 10''

Beila-- yay, that's exciting...I can't wait till I hit a month..,

Day 2
desiresdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:38 PM   #8  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Yesterday was Day 1, perfectly on plan and I even managed to make myself exercise (had been struggling to move for a few days out of laziness). I am back to the same weight I was on Friday morning before I started binging, but my body feels WAY flabbier! Does anyone else notice that?
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:55 PM   #9  

Back on Day 1 tomorrow. Just came down from a super binge - muffins and butter, bagels and cream cheese, OMG and I wasn't even hungry. They were in the house because of the wedding that was this weekend. I did not have any all weekend, and then tonight, in a moment of weakness, when I was all by myself, I 'snuck' a taste' and that was 'game over' Feel very bad both physically and mentaly. And you know, even while I was power eating, I was thinking, this is not as good I a thought it would be....but that did not stopme. What can I do to prevent from moving from thought to action?
firebirdgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:15 PM   #10  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I wish I knew, firebirdgirl. Once I've "decided" to binge I have never successfully prevented it.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:51 PM   #11  

Just like you make the decision to binge, you can also use that determination to stop it.

Everyone should come up with their own technique and try to see what works.

One thing you could try is to make a reminder card and list how disgusted and bad you feel post binge. Write it like you're talking to yourself. Then whip out the card and read it. You can put the card in your car, your computer, taped to the fridge, wherever your binge spots are.

Example:

Please don't do this. You will regret what you are about to put yourself through. Eating binge food makes you, bloated, out of control, and makes you feel worse. You can't avoid the stress, anxiety, or sadness right now, other than working it out the tough way. Eating won't make it go away, so find another way to solve the problem. Turn around and go back home, or to the safe place where you will feel so much better knowing that you avoided this binge.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:05 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
Yesterday was Day 1, perfectly on plan and I even managed to make myself exercise (had been struggling to move for a few days out of laziness). I am back to the same weight I was on Friday morning before I started binging, but my body feels WAY flabbier! Does anyone else notice that?
I get that. But I also notice my thighs feeling warmer at night too, while sleeping, like the fat is depositing in the tissues there while I sleep. For the stomach flabbiness, it is possible that it was stretched out so much that it feels bigger once you go back down in weight again. If you eat lighter and do some cardio in the coming days, it should return back to its normal tightness.

I finished eating for the day, and I successfully avoided overeating. I had a kiwi, a plum, some steamed tilapia fish, green beans, and rice crackers and a protein bar for dinner. This seems like a lot but it was after my workout today. Breakfast was 2 greek yogurts, 1.5 bananas, and lunch was 3 TB of homemade hummus with 1/2 tilapia fish from last night with a teaspoon of pesto sauce. I didn't count cals, but how do you think I did? Please be honest if you think I should cut back.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:57 PM   #13  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Beila without knowing your workout it's hard to say. Also without knowing your body or your calorie history it is also difficult. Since you have very little processed stuff you should be able to get away with a few more cals. Do you not count, are opposed to counting? I used to always recommend calorie counting but I recognize that it's not for everyone and can be dangerous to bingers. I kind of wish I'd never started as I think I've reached a point were I will be counting for the rest of my life. Considering I have OCD tendencies it's both the source of my pain and my joy.

So I know that didn't really answer your question. My first instinct is that your cals might actually be a smidge low. I also think you'd benefit from more veggies.

I had an unexpected dinner tonight. DH didn't take chicken out to defrost so we decided to go out. We went to The Cheesecake Factory. I've learned how to eat OP there so I knew I'd be ok. Then the big question of dessert came around and I've been craving cheesecake for weeks, but I remained strong even though I wanted to say oh forget it what's one more splurge? But I fought it and told myself if I really wanted it I could get some over the weekend if I was still craving it and that could be my weekend splurge. It was hard at first but I knew I wasn't craving it that badly at that moment and I was just building up the fantasy of the cheesecake and I'd enjoy it more when I could do so without guilt. I don't trust myself enough yet to be naive enough to think I could have the cheesecake today and nothing over the weekend, but I know I easily have nothing today.

So the craving has long passed and I feel great and proud of my decisions. Oh and FYI I had the appetizer vegetable salad with chicken hold the beets, apples and cheese. The website said it was 390, but I finding that hard to believe. I logged 400 for it. It had around 4oz of chicken, asparagus, tomatoes, edamame,lettuce and some kind of sesame dressing. I get a little frustrated when you can't trust calorie counts. I'm thinking it make have be the cals for one serving since it was and "appetizer" but it didn't specify and didn't say how many servings there were. So since I'm not hungry I'm going to skip dessert and know I made the best decision I could with the information I had and I'm choosing not to stress about it.

Day 9 complete!

Last edited by ncuneo; 05-24-2011 at 12:27 AM.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:23 AM   #14  

Ncuneo--i just did a rough calculation and I think today was less than 1400, and definitely less than 1600. I burn 500 cals at minimum everyday. Today was 550 cals burned roughly. So I am happy! I just need to get it under 1200. That will be tomorrow's goal.

I am so proud of you turning down cheesecake! It's not worth it. it should be just for special occasions since just one slice has so many calories. Remember, lack of info means hidden cals. I ate a slice of costco cheese pizza the other day and found out it had 800 cals, for just ONE slice. Not worth it! Plus if you think, "let me just splurge for once, life is short," well yeah, life is short so let's live it healthy to extend it longer!
Old 05-24-2011, 03:04 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

beila~ does not sound like your calories are high at all! or that your eating too much.

day 14 today 2 weeks!? yey!
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote