Old 05-21-2011, 09:59 PM   #1  

Unhappy trying to stay OP while sick...Help

I have a really bad cold. The past 2 days, my throat has felt like it is on fire! I have been alternating Tylenol and Ibuprofen with no relief. I broke down and bought some sugar free cough drops...no nutritional info. Just says 5 cal per drop..and "excessive consumption may cause a laxative effect"...fun! I did not have a restricted today hoping that would keep me on plan. The first day the only thing that helped was diet soda...it had aspertame in it. Any thoughts on if this will kick me out of ketosis?? Also my birthday is tomorrow Planning on having choc pancake made into a muffin with sf archer farms caramel coffee syrup. Any other suggestions for a sweet treat???

Last edited by ksmjg2011; 05-21-2011 at 09:59 PM.
ksmjg2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmjg2011 View Post
I have a really bad cold. The past 2 days, my throat has felt like it is on fire! I have been alternating Tylenol and Ibuprofen with no relief. I broke down and bought some sugar free cough drops...no nutritional info. Just says 5 cal per drop..and "excessive consumption may cause a laxative effect"...fun! I did not have a restricted today hoping that would keep me on plan. The first day the only thing that helped was diet soda...it had aspertame in it. Any thoughts on if this will kick me out of ketosis?? Also my birthday is tomorrow Planning on having choc pancake made into a muffin with sf archer farms caramel coffee syrup. Any other suggestions for a sweet treat???
Hi. I was very sick in February, on antibiotcs. I had to have something for the cough, and found the Ricola sugar free throat drops. And yes, excessive consumption does have a laxative effect. I did not fall out of ketosis. I tried to drink lemon soother tea sweeted with stevia or splenda. Ran a cool air vaporizer at night which help a lot. I hope you feel better soon.
deelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:56 PM   #3  

Gargle warm salt water to help with a sore throat

Hope you have a great birthday, in spite of your cold - enjoy the day!
meonIP is offline   Reply With Quote