Old 05-21-2011, 04:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/198/135

Height: 5'2"

Default IP while breastfeeding?

Hi everybody! I'm new to IP as of 4 days ago. I love it! I'm doing a version that my center said they normally use for type 1 diabetics and I seem to have lost 4 pounds in 4 days. Is anyone else breastfeeding? Oh, and I LOVE all these posts they are so encouraging! I read though 65 pages yesterday.
CarrieElizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:50 AM   #2  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Breastfeeding and IP and generally considered anathema. I looked at the alternative plan again and I can't see how you could possibly get the 500 (and, eventually, 1,000) calories you need to breast feed, let alone the vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. And please don't stop breast feeding so you can do IP now. It can wait. Right now there are a LOT safer ways to lose weight in your situation and tighten muscles, etc.

Last edited by Linden; 05-21-2011 at 05:58 AM.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 03:40 PM   #3  
IPeep

S/C/G: 150/145/130

Height: 5'6"

I completely agree with Linden. I can't believe that your IP coach would let you do IP while breastfeeding. You are simply not consuming enough calories on IP to support breastfeeding. Wait until your baby is weaned, then focus on losing weight after that. On my IP information, it specifically says IP should not be done while pregnant or breastfeeding.
coloheather is offline   Reply With Quote