Old 05-18-2011, 08:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/205/155

Height: 5' 2"

Default new to WW and looking for advice..

Hello all!
Im Kelli and I am going to be signing up for WW on Friday/Saturday. I am going to be doing the Online/Points Plus thing (I think that's what its called) and I was wondering if anyone else has been this nervous about trying something new, I guess...

I volunteer at a bookstore that had a "complete food companion" book from 2008 so I picked it up for 50 cents to get an idea of what I am about to start.

Does anyone have any suggestions on things I should be doing before I start WW?

Thanks in advance
fallonmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

Hello! Welcome to WW. You are at the right place... these forums are very lively and friendly. You mentioned you had picked up a food companion book from 2008. I think that would be of a different version of WW. With points plus, I think all those numbers in that book would be wrong now for 2011. My only advice for you when you start the program is to give it a chance, dont stress about the numbers moving, cause they will. It will seem like you are eating a lot of food to lose weight, but have faith in the program, it really does work. Also, i cant stress enough about the journal and making sure you write down everything you eat. It is so important.

Good luck and welcome to our humble abode!
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/158.6/146

Welcome! This is my first time to do Weight Watchers, was a South Beach Diet girl before. I have to say this REALLY works. And it is a plan that can be maintained longterm. Read all you can here and on the Weight Watchers site. The biggest thing that has kept me losing steadily is TRACKING everything I eat. It has really made me aware of the mindless munching I was doing before. Good luck!
arkansasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:39 PM   #4  

Thank you both! I have been trying to keep an eye on my intake in the last few months but today actually started journaling. I can already tell you that I am not munching or eating nearly as much as normal because I dont want to have to write down that I eat that much, lol

I am eager to start and hopefully I will at the end of the week

MercuryBlue: Thanks for the info.. I figured it wouldnt hurt to just get an idea, ya know? I generally donate my books back to the book store anyway since the $$ goes to support our library
Old 05-19-2011, 05:15 AM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Hey there Fallon So glad you found your way over here. Keep us updated as you join and if you have any questions we're all following the plan so we may have advice.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:52 PM   #6  

Thanks, Lovely

I do have a question actually.. I haven't signed up yet, cause my dh hasnt made it to the bank with his paycheck lol

Besides the membership, is there anything else I need to purchase? Books? the calculator? etc...

Thanks in advance
~Kelli
Old 05-20-2011, 02:07 PM   #7  
Incredible Shrinking Lisa

S/C/G: 279.2/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

You don't have to purchase anything you don't want to purchase. You get the eTools as part of your membership. If you have a smartphone (iPhone, Droid, etc) there are tons of free apps out there, including apps from WW directly, that will help you track on the go.

I haven't bought anything else from WW and I'm doing fine. I have my computer, my iPhone, and my iPad so there's always access to the tracker.

Wait, I take that back. I bought a cookbook and a pedometer, but only because I *wanted* them, not because I *needed* them.
LisaP916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:19 PM   #8  

Thank you, LisaP!

I just saw that there is a "free week trial" for WW so I just did that! Its a bit more primary cost at the end of the week but I can deal with it

I actually have a pedometer that I got at wal-mart ages ago for like $5 just because I was curious.