Old 05-12-2011, 04:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/188/147

Question oversensitive??

apologies if this is in the wrong forum or if this topic is already spoken about but i'm new so just sussing it out..

well my rant basically is that i am over sensitive , and it bugs the **** out of me, i was in my office 2 days ago and there was 6 people in speaking about weight loss and exercise and diets etc.. and one of the ladies ( about 50yrs old not bothered about her weight) commented that i eat too much...

there was no malice intended and it was only a passing comment .. but what i am annoyed about is that it p"**ed me off and bothered me for the whole day!!!

i am a fairly confident person in general but when it comes to my weight i HATE when i get a critical or actually any comment regarding it... hehe unless its that fact that i have lost some and am looking well..

anywaz anybody else get annoyed over stupid comments when they should just fly over your head??

Rant over hope you are all having a good guilt free day
curlysue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

It would bother me if someone spoke out about how much I eat. Not at ALL their business. If you wanted to talk about about much you consume, you should be the one to bring it up, not anyone else.

It would piss me off too! And I'm not particularly sensitive.
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:37 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Eh in one ear and out the other- remember that no one can make you feel inferior but yourself (Eleanor Roosevelt) so you shouldn't let something like that make you mad and possibly ruin your day

I have developed a "who cares" attitude about what people say/think and honestly it's gotten me very far!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:52 PM   #4  

She is being rude because you are younger than her and not likely to talk back to her. Age garners respect... which she is not due any at all.

She will probably come up with another rude comment soon. So just tell her in your sweetest voice that you admire her a lot because she looks just like your grandmother, except your grandmother doesn't have any grey hairs yet.
Then suggest a new hair color she would look better in...one that covers up the grey better.
And be sure to bring her a big donut every day to have with her coffee.

JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:00 PM   #5  

Haha that hilarious.. ah no she didn't mean anything by it, she's just opinionated but i was mad that it annoyed me for the whole day.. hmmmm anywaz i love the "who cares" attitude and it didn't make me sad just mad lol

stupid things like that if it caught you in the wrong mindframe it would be a serious slap.. grrrrrr

anywaz note to self... let things go over head.. i will reign supreme when i reach goal.. eating as much healthy food as i dam well like,
Old 05-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #6  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

In general, people think that losing weight equals starvation and deprivation so seeing someone eat REAL portion sizes is unfathomable to them. It was VERY rude for them to comment about it.

My dad commented about it once too. "I watched you eat the last few days and you eat a lot!" Memories of closet binging came flooding back and wanting to eat alone... It's rude but people don't censor themselves when they speak sometimes.
InControl2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/207.2/126

Height: 5'4.5

You've been losing weight! And what you eat is none of her concern! I don't blame you at all for being angry. I hope your day got better.
squishysquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Oh lord, that would have me in a foul mood for days! Hahaha

However, this is CRAZY because it's just one person's opinion... it has no effect on you, and she had no business sharing it anyway. (It's easy for me to say this, but harder to put it in practice....)

We can't change other people's behavior, only our responses. So, all you can do is vow to always be careful with your words when you are talking with others about sensitive topics in the same way you'd want to be treated, and keep on being strong.

Just gotta let it go, and continue to do what you know is right
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:23 PM   #9  
Lone Locust of Apocalypse

S/C/G: 310/310/150

Height: 5'6"

I don't think you're being oversensitive. Her age doesn't matter. There are people of all ages who lack a filter between their brains and their mouths. Opinionated = great. Tactlessly voicing opinions and judgments as they enter your mind = annoying. Sure, it's better than intentionally insulting someone, but it has a similar affect on people's feelings. I'd say focus on the things you can control. Other people's rudeness isn't one of those things.

I probably would have commented that she must be very bored if watching what other people eat is her hobby. It sounds like a weird way to pass time, so I'm genuinely puzzled by it.

Last edited by Regera Dowdy; 05-12-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Regera Dowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 210/155/140

Height: 5'6" Age (50)

Galway girl...I totally understand why it would bother you. I think it depends on our frame of mind and how we are feeling about ourselves that day. Sometimes comments roll off my back and sometimes they go in like arrows to the heart. I think the more weight you lose....the more confidence you will have, and the less stupid comments will affect you. At least that is my experience.
MiniMeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:21 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 254.8 / 210.2 / 135.0

Height: 5'2

galway girl, you handled that well. I'd have flipped out, so I understand why her comment bothered you. She may not seem bothered by her own weight, but, in my experience, these kinds of comments only come from insecure people.
jumelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:29 PM   #12  
*Buttercup*

S/C/G: 342/208/145

Height: 5'5''

You're not over sensitive.. I'd of gone home and cried...while skipping dinner that night. In a few days you'll probably forget all about it. I'd just take it as she is rude, or doesn't understand what is socially acceptable to say..
mypinkpolkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:48 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

I have had 2 or 3 people tell me that I ate too much and I cried each time. I rarely get emotional but weight is such a sensitive subject. Whether it was intentional or not, your co-worker is rude. You have the right to be upset by this. I might have been tempted to shoot back a "You think I eat too much and I think you talk too much."
Sunshine87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:54 PM   #14  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Ew. All women have some kind of issue/self conscious feelings about food. I'm sure that woman does too, and she should have thought before opening her mouth.

I'm sorry it ruined your day. Don't let it ruin tomorrow and all the days after that! Everyone is different. Some people eat one giant meal a day and some people prefer 25 micro-meals. It's stupid for a person to presume she knows everything about someone's eating habits judging by seeing them at work.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:45 AM   #15  

Aw cheers guys.. your comments are as always inspirational... ya it annoyed me to the core on the day but i'm over it now.. whatever to her.. I changed my eating habits last January and eat smaller portions often and work out in gym after work, and its working .. so i suppose i just got annoyed cos i said nothing... and prob should have come out with "i need the energy for all my working out"... anywaz it was an insensitive flippant comment... OVER IT

onwards and upwards folks ....