Old 05-12-2011, 10:34 AM   #1  
Incredible Shrinking Lisa

S/C/G: 279.2/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Default Changing my goal

I realize I'm only six weeks (almost seven weeks) into this program, but I've been doing some real self-reflection and reevaluating about my body, my health, and my goal weight. I had been aiming for 195, because that's the lowest weight I've ever been as an adult - and that was post-gastric bypass and post-abdominoplasty. Anything lower than that seems unreasonable and unachievable because I'd been over 200 since I was about 13 years old.

If I step away from my history and look just as my stats, I will be 40 years old, standing just 5'5" tall. If I settle for 195, I will still be obese, and no one wants to lose 85 pounds and still be obese, right?

I've revised my end goal weight, at least for now, to 175. That would put my BMI under 30, and it's NEVER been that low. That would also put my weight loss (or maybe I should say weight giveaway, since lost implies you want to find it again!) goal at 104 pounds. That number used to scare me, but not any more. I feel EMPOWERED, not intimidated. Once I get under 200, I may just revise that goal again. But right now, I'm proud of myself for believing in myself and for knowing that I can do this.

I saw someone on here with a line in their signature that really inspired me. It said something to the effect that "I may not be able to lose 100 pounds, but I can certainly lose five pounds - twenty time!" That's my approach. One day, one week, one month at a time... One pound, five pounds, ten pounds at a time.

Last edited by LisaP916; 05-12-2011 at 10:34 AM.
LisaP916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:35 PM   #2  
Fat Chick on a Mission

S/C/G: 216/ticker/150

Height: 5ft 3in

Congratulations <3 I think your new goal is totally reasonable and you will feel that much more proud when you get there.

Thinking about how much we have to lose as a whole can be daunting for LOTS of us here. You can't dwell on it or fear it. In the end the hows or whys or how long it takes don't matter anyway. All we have to do is keep hanging on and kicking butt till we get there
dragonlady1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:38 PM   #3  

Agreed. The mini-goals really help. I keep promising myself non-scale / non-food rewards for meeting my goals. I earned a pedicure when I reached 10 pounds. I haven't had time to go yet, but I'm looking forward to it! I promised myself a massage when I reach my 10%. I haven't decided what comes after that - but it gives me little treats to look forward to!
Old 05-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Keep at it =) Congrats on your progress so far! And it's true. The whole picture can seem overwhelming, but one day, one meal, one pound at a time it will all work out.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:54 PM   #5  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

175 is my goal, too!

I have been heavy my whole life, so anything below 200 would be fabulous. I don't know, 175 just sounds like a good weight for me. Something I can easily maintain. 130 or 140 -- which I think is what I'm "supposed" to weigh -- just doesn't seem like something I could keep up with. Plus, I feel like I'd still be able to keep some of my curves at 175
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:09 PM   #6  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

You are doing fabulous. Keep up the good work. You will get to your goal!
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

I dont have any desire to be skinny. I want to keep my curves, and scale down! I think 150 is my goal - for my height, but i think that it may be too small, and i will stop when i am happy with how my clothes look and fit.
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:13 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudor Rose View Post
175 is my goal, too!

I have been heavy my whole life, so anything below 200 would be fabulous. I don't know, 175 just sounds like a good weight for me. Something I can easily maintain. 130 or 140 -- which I think is what I'm "supposed" to weigh -- just doesn't seem like something I could keep up with. Plus, I feel like I'd still be able to keep some of my curves at 175
I feel the same way... Although it'd be nice to have those curves be in the right places for a change! LOL!

My husband just bought a motorcycle, and he's taken a 2nd job to pay it off. Once the bike is paid off, he'd going to put that 2nd paycheck into savings so I can have a breast lift and get my arms done. I have horrible batwings, and between the sagging on my arms and the sagging on my chest, my neck, shoulders, and elbows ache all the time. If that's not motivation to get to goal, I don't know what is!