Old 05-10-2011, 11:51 PM   #1  
Sweet Diva

S/C/G: 192/181/160

Height: 5'8"

Lightbulb Needing ideas for lunch veges

Hi! I have just started IP with my husband. I am doing pretty good and enjoying the veges, but he is getting bored with salads for lunch everyday. He doesn't stomach the WF dressings very well either. Any ideas on how to make his lunch more inventive?
Sweet Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/Ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Buy a dehydrator and make him some "chips" out of zuchinni, turnips, radish, pretty much anything you can think of... just use a mandoline slicer to get a uniform size and season them before dehydrating. Hope this helps!
Newpair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:34 AM   #3  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Diva View Post
Hi! I have just started IP with my husband. I am doing pretty good and enjoying the veges, but he is getting bored with salads for lunch everyday. He doesn't stomach the WF dressings very well either. Any ideas on how to make his lunch more inventive?
Literally since September 13th I have had the same lunch every day that I have been on plan (I had a few planned vacations this spring). I have lettuce, mushrooms, cabbage, cucumbers, peppers and make my own dressing out of evoo, vinegar, and garlic powder and italian seasoning (MRs. Dash).

I really dread lunch every day....but I love the scale!
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

I make a heart veggie soup, I eat it every day for lunch, and I'm not bored with it yet because I make it on Sunday and it lasts me 4 days for lunch. It's convenient for me and my husband as we live a 1/2 hour out of town and can't come home to eat. It fills me up so I'm not hungry till supper time.
GailMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

When I don't have time to prepare anything extensive for lunch, I make a salad, or like today, I chopped up mushrooms and asparagas and stir fry them. When they're nearly finished, I add some mustard or low-sodium MSG-free soy sauce.

The day before yesterday I made "fried rice": I shredded a cup of cauliflower ("rice"), cut up a cup total of mushrooms, zucchini, and scallions, stir fried with a little EVOO and soy sauce, and I LOVED it. Add chicken, and you've got yourself some tasty chicken fried rice for dinner.

Chop up 2 cups of rhubarb (a little more than 2 stalks, usually) into small pieces, boil with a little water until soft, add 2 packets of stevia and a tbsp or 2 of WF strawberry syrup, stir, and you got yourself some tasty "strawberry pie filling."
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:20 AM   #6  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

I generally live on salad (mushrooms, g. onions) for lunch....but after 6 months I have started to get bored....so, I occasionally bring sauteed zuch and yellow squash (adding garlic and sea salt), or if I have time I make a veggie soup with turnips, mushrooms, garlic, spinach, broccoli, and cauliflower. I have also brought left over meals/sides from the night before (omitting the chicken/steak/fish that was in the dish). Make it work for you!
wyoangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/208/150

Height: 5'7"

When I'm really in a rush to get out the door I put a leek soup packet and a can of aspargus tips in my bag. It makes a pretty tasty asparagus soup.
hollyfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #8  
Sweet Diva

S/C/G: 192/181/160

Thanks for the helpful hints everyone! I really like the idea for the 'fried rice'. I will try to be more creative for him. He has his first weigh in tomorrow & has been on IP for 9 days, so that should help the veges taste a little better for him too!
Sweet Diva is offline   Reply With Quote