Old 05-08-2011, 10:49 PM   #1  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

Default Diet Fatigue

I have been following the program since November with a reasonable amount of success. However, for the past month or so I've been having lots of trouble staying on plan. I'm not sick of the foods I've been eating, more sick of tracking them. I can string together of few days of tracking, but then seem to go off. I really, really want to get down to my goal, but feel like it's going to be so hard.

I know others have experienced this. How have you worked through it?
skinnycow126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

I try so hard to track my days, but i too forget here and there to do it. I tend to stick with safe foods that i know work out ok into my daily points and i never crave anything. So i dont tend to eat extra goodies. I know getting down to my goal is going to be hard too... but it is that motivation i get when i see the scale moving every week that pushes me to the next week. I actually find myself excited to go to WI in hopes that the numbers dropped a little. The weeks where i didnt track all my points faithfully.. i ended up stalling on the same number. I will never do that again. Its just so important.

I also think it is quite normal to get sick of the routine of the plan, but you have to push through it, i know how MUCH i want to be happier with my weight and my body that i am pushing myself through this whereas in the past i may have already dropped off the good eating and started eating badly again. Think of how bad you want this... and work it out sister. We can do this.

Last edited by mercuryblue; 05-08-2011 at 11:17 PM.
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:20 PM   #3  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Just keep pushing through. Maybe try some recipes off the weight watchers website.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:35 PM   #4  

One foot in front of the other. One day at a time. We can do this. Never give up. Good luck to all of us.
hatgirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:37 PM   #5  

When I pray, I include all of '3 Fat Chicks' to reach their goals.
hatgirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:55 AM   #6  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

The past few times I've done WW (in 2003 and 2009), I hit a wall at 6 months. Diet fatigue is actually the perfect way to describe it. I've only been at it for 3 months now, so I admit I'm a bit nervous what will happen in another 3 months. Hopefully the responses here will help me if it happens again!
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:56 AM   #7  
Incredible Shrinking Lisa

S/C/G: 279.2/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I get up and go to work every day, because it's my job. If I don't do my job, my boss is going to be on my @ss like white on rice because it's my job. If I don't do it, no one else will. There are days I may not like my job, and there are days when I sooooo don't want to go to work, there are days I plan to take off for personal reasons or for vacation, and ****, there are even days I call in sick to work - whether I'm sick or not. Whether I'm off for a day, a weekend, or a couple of weeks, I'm eventually going to have to go back to work. And if I don't go back to work, it's going to cost me.

So - am I talking about my paycheck job or am I talking about my health? Does it matter? After all, the outcome is the same no matter which I mean. Either I lose my job and have no income or my health fails and I have no life.

So, just get up and go to work! :-P

Last edited by LisaP916; 05-09-2011 at 08:57 AM.
LisaP916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:15 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5'6

Ive only been on it for 2 months and im having a similar feeling. I didn't even track yesterdays dinner. And i'll sip southern style sweet tea and not track it. And all these things are keeping me at this current weight, or around (why i didn't WI last week - that and i didn't get the opportunity). IM disappointed in myself, because im about 10lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight. Im close to my OWN goal and im slacking; bored.
Jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:18 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I've moved towards mindful and intuitive eating. Which for me means moving away from the computer/tv when eating, and sitting at the table. It means checking in with my body to see what it wants, and then checking in as I eat (tasting the food and experiencing eating with all my senses) to see how much I want. When I was on WW I found myself choosing foods and amounts based on points values, not what my body wanted (truly wanted.)

The book Women, Food and God (it's not about God) by Geneen Roth was so helpful with this. I've continued to lose weight by just eating what I want when I want it, and feeling what I feel when I feel it.

No more diet fatigue.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:59 AM   #10  
Made of Starstuff

In the past what kept me tracking was a simple "Just do it" that I'd quietly say to myself aloud. Before I took a bite of anything I wrote it down.

I'm now tracking online & via my phone app which keeps it fairly quick, but when I first started I used a pen & paper. To make that even easier, I developed a quick shorthand for my often used foods. I didn't need to write out "cottage cheese" every time I had a little cup of it. I'd just write "cc". Or instead of Eggbeaters. I just wrote "eb". Etc. Etc. I was the only one reading the journal. I'm the only one who needed to know what the words meant. It sped things up enough that I didn't delay tracking or forget to altogether.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

I have experienced this many times throughout my journey, I know how frustrating it can be. I plan one weekend a month where I eat anything I want without tracking but I make sure to workout in order to balance everything out, if that makes sense.
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote