Old 05-08-2011, 04:07 PM   #1  

Default Finished My First Week :)

Yesterday (Saturday) was my first weigh-in after my first week. Lost 11 lbs! Heck, I peeked at the scale today and was down 2 more. Quite pleased.
It took about 5 days before I felt like normal again. I was tired and a bit light-headed, but when I got up Thursday, I felt good.
I've discovered that I really am not a fan of the Swiss mocha shake. The Dutch chocolate is perfect. I add a little instant coffee to it and yum. I also find that if I use more water than recommended with the chicken noodle and chicken and rice soups, they taste better. I season the crap outta them, too. I really heart the Zesty Lime Mrs. Dash and Tabasco. There is nothing that Tabasco can't improve, lol.
I've also discovered that I can not eat meat for days and not notice it. I got some Morning Star Farms Grillers burgers and the Grillers Crumbles. Awesome. The burgers don't really taste beefy, but they are tasty. The Crumbles were tasty too. I fixed 1 3/4 cup of them, added 1/4 cup low fat shredded cheddar, 1/2 cup green chile, 1/4 cup scallions...yummm. I was so not hungry for hours after that. Had to make myself eat my last two Medifast meals. Eggbeaters are decent too.
The bars are good. OMG, the Peanut Butter Crunch is like a candy bar! That could be dangerous if candy is a trigger, lol. The Chocolate Mint is decent too. Love the puffs, the chocolate pudding, not so much. I'll try it as a shake. The chocolate chip pancakes are ok. I made them in a mug, spritzed them with a shot of ICBINB and a little sprinkle of Splenda. Liveable. The oatmeal, liveable. Like the brownie too. Not crazy about the honey mustard pretzel sticks. Weird bitterness to them.
I season everything and use things like cayenne, black pepper, chile powder, tumeric, garlic, cinnamon...all improve the taste, boost your metabolism and/or are anti-inflammatory.
So, all in all, it was a good week and am glad to be out of the funky phase.
SpinDizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:05 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Way to go on your first week's loss! That's great!

I also found most of the foods pretty good. Nothing I really hated, though I get that weird bitter taste from the pretzels too. And I'm with you on the swiss mocha versus dutch chocolate. DC is my favorite, though I'm currently having an orange creme shake at the moment.

Good to hear your experience was a good one. Keep going!
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:27 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Eleven pounds! Wow! That's great! Sounds like you have gotten a handle on your likes & dislikes!

It's interesting, because I like the Swiss mocha better than the chocolate in the shakes.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Congrats! I'm still on week one and had a bit of a cheat last night with dinner but have managed to lose 2.5 pounds so far, so I'm more than pleased.

Like you, I'm keeping a list of likes and dislikes so if I do this a second month (which I'm leaning toward doing) I'll know exactly what to order and what not to. I'm also learning along the way the best way to prepare most items.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:42 PM   #5  

Ty, ty, everyone. Other than the discomfort of the first few days, it's been pretty good. Allison, try really hard to not have the small cheats. It's really tough. I've been confronted by chocolate, pizza, KFC and Chinese food already. I'm just glad it was after my 5th day, when I felt good. The small cheats can mess up the chain reaction you are starting to establish for the weight loss. Maybe look at it like a 20min decision. You want something OP, decide on it in 20mins. Usually, the craving goes away. Have a beverage, play a round of Angry Birds, something to distract you. I know you weren't asking, but there it is.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:47 AM   #6  
Pink Leopard Power

S/C/G: 351.2/ticker/185

Height: 6'0

Congratulations! The hardest part is over for you.
JollyGreenSteen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:48 AM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! Just wanted to check in on my 1st week. I have lost 3.4 pounds, which for me is just great! And, my body fat percentage has dropped 1 point, which is also great!

I have to say, I had a couple of days when I felt really hungry most of the day, and I hope I can get a handle on that. I'll try splitting the lean & green meal more often, I guess.

Ordered another round of Medifast meals yesterday--should be here by the time we are getting low.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:54 AM   #8  

WTG Jay!!!!!! Tomorrow will be 1 week for me and already I'm down 3 pounds. I'm quite happy with that and I feel like this is something that I could easily do until all the weight is back off. After that, I'm even considering doing this diet, or something very similar during the week and having weekends off as my approach to maintenance.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:19 AM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

You two are doing great!!

My week 3 weigh in is tomorrow. As of today I'm only down 1.4 for the week... but that makes 11lb in 3 weeks, which is excellent!
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:31 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by abluvion View Post
You two are doing great!!

My week 3 weigh in is tomorrow. As of today I'm only down 1.4 for the week... but that makes 11lb in 3 weeks, which is excellent!
Can't complain about that! I told DH that I'd like to lose 10 in 4 weeks.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:41 PM   #11  

Yay, Jay!
Old 05-14-2011, 04:35 PM   #12  

Week two and down another 4lbs! That makes 15lbs so far. Yay, lol.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:18 AM   #13  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Talking

I am 4 weeks in, and down 16 pounds. I'm feeling good!

So far I'm liking the mix of a lot of structure, yet I still get to eat "real food" once a day.

We can do this!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:05 PM   #14  

Me too, Riddy! I remember doing Optifast way back, and there was no L&G. Or Nacho Chile puffs, lol. Makes this soooo much easier.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:37 PM   #15  

After one week on, and a couple days off (anniversary/wedding/vacation--but we were careful) we're down 4 each and looking forward to the next week! WTG Riddy on 16!!!