Old 05-07-2011, 09:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: S205/G145-150

Height: 5'9" **started 2/17/11**

Default Approaching the end of induction phase...

I have lost roughly 6 1/2 pounds during the 2-week induction phase and I am very pleased with that. I am looking forward to adding in a muscle toning and exercise program once I begin the next phase.

I'm wondering what other people's experience has been with regards to exercise after induction and whether or not you have success with muscle toning. Also, I swear I could stay in induction forever because I'm always full and happy with my food choices--has anyone stayed in induction longer? If so, are there any drawbacks to that?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by kellibelli; 05-07-2011 at 09:07 PM.
kellibelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:57 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

If you have a lot of weight to lose and you aren't bored with the food choices on Induction, it isn't an issue if you want to continue. Dr. Atkins himself said so I personally keep my carbs low even after 7 years.
All the best to you!
You CAN do this!!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: S205/G145-150

Height: 5'9" **started 2/17/11**

That's a good idea. I still have 30 lb to lose.
kellibelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

I stayed on Induction the entire time.....because patience is not one of my virtues.
Had no problem doing this.

IMO...if you are not losing at the rate you'd prefer on the OWL level....just go back and stay on the induction. Like Jersey Girl, I still have to stay on very low carb, even on maintenance......the main reason for this being that otherwise, I am opening Pandora's Box....probably due to being a serious carb addict...and I will start going down a bad road unless I keep myself pretty strict here. Totally not worth even risking it.

The only exercise I did was walking with my ipod...still lost weight at a nice pace.

Also...the closer you get to goal, the more challenging it usually becomes, plateau-wise.............so staying on Induction would probably help you power through those issues too.

deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote