Old 05-04-2011, 03:52 AM   #1  

Default extreme back pain

Hi
I joined over a year ago and have posted occasionally. I wanted to post more but never seem to have time.
This is just a long moan. Sorry!
Since I joined here I have actually put on weight. I was trying to be clever and exercise more but eat about the same. 10 years ago this would of worked and I would of lost some weight. This time the extra exercise actually made me put weight on, according to the scale but I look better!!
Then all **** broke loose. I have been doing the Lesile Sanson (sp) walk away the pounds DVD. Everything was going fine until last week when I started to get really strong pain in my upper right back and stomach area. I have gall stones so I checked that out first but no problem there. The pain got worse so off to another doctor who gave me some pain shots in my back and nice massage treatment. This was on Monday but we are in the middle of a long holiday here (I live in Japan) and the doctors are closed until Friday. Today has been awful as I can't move at all. Just to get to the toilet, about 3 yards from the living room took an hour today.
I am in pain and getting depressed!
So now I have to lose weight, last time I checked I was 226lbs. I am afraid that my mobility will be compromised and that is scarey!

Sorry this is just a moan.
Jackie
Jackie Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hi Jackie!

How did they check your gallbladder? Did you have an ultrasound or something comparable? It sure does sound like GB trouble, doesn't it?

Have you ever had any other back problems? You may have a muscle strain, thus the massage, not sure if injections would help that. Have you tried heat?

I sure hope you can find out what is wrong and get some relief. Keep us posted.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:32 AM   #3  

Hi
Turns out to be a fractured rib. I spent all day yesterday at a large hospital. I had tests and then more tests, they checked everything, even things that I don't have symptoms for!! I couldn't walk so my poor hubby had to push me in a wheelchair.
Anyway this is a real wake up call. I can't move much at the moment but I can start changing what I eat. I have just had a lovely sweet orange for a snxk instead of the ice cream that is in the freezer. It's a start.

Jackie
Jackie Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:25 PM   #4  
Munchberry

S/C/G: 295/215/168

Height: 5' 10"

Jacky, try to find a massage therapist that does things like Integrative Massage, Neuro-structural Bodywork, Orthopedic Massage, and Trigger Point Therapy. I suffered years worth of extremely painful back problems with my lower back. I could not even get out of bed sometimes and it basically ruined a couple years of life (and I gained a ton of weight). I went to a chiro, other massage therapists and then I found a serious one. Turns out I had problems with my psoas muscle. That is a muscle that runs through your pelvis and up and around your torso. She found the problem, gave me a few massages that nearly made me pass out and then sent me home with stretches to do every day. It still acts up from time to time, but I know what to do now. My symptoms included having to prop up one of my legs when I sat and I could not sit in a chair and laying on my back flat was out of the question.

Good luck my dear.
Hungry4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:02 PM   #5  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi Jackie. A fractured rib! Yikes! Follow the doctors orders about movement, and you're right...you can change how you're eating - and you are!

I hope you heal quickly and completely so you are able to get back to activity.

Take care and good luck.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote