Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-04-2011, 02:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/180/150

Height: 5'8 ish

Talking new & need some advice

hey everyone!

i'm new here as a member but i've been reading stuff on here forever and finally decided to join. i've been stuggling with BED for four years and i just can't seem to get on a steady path to recovery. i also have depression and have been on medication for it for about a year now. i started college in august and at first, i had no problem with binging because everything was new. however, things changed and i went right back to binging. you'd think it would be hard to do it...with so many people around. it's almost like a game for me now...i get the intense cravings to binge and i go out and buy the food and eat it all within about an hour or so. it's so frustrating. when i don't give in it's torture to sit with the impulse no matter what i try to do. but after i do it i feel horrible and sick. i try to do work outs and i feel even worse because its so difficult. alot of weekends i'm alone because almost of my friends are in relationships and this is a small campus so it's really difficult to make new friends at this point I'm just wondering if anyone is struggling with something similar to mine? i just want to happy for once and be done with this. i feel so alone and like i can't really talk to anyone about this at college. but anyway i've found a lot of help on here & i'm happy to be here.. and if you've read all this..thanks for reading
ljox10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Welcome! I had similar struggles in college (I've been out for 5 years now). It was like a game to find time/place to binge because it has to be in private--use this to your advantage, and try not to allow yourself the time/space. When I moved out on my own and got my own place, my binging got less intense, but the quantity was higher because I could spread it out throughout the evening. Yikes!

I also had social struggles, I didn't like my friends very much, they didn't like to go out, and I was too shy to go out and meet new friends. It was really hard.

I don't have any advice for you specifically. But I know from experiance that this time will pass. My senior year, I actually wound up making new friends by living in a different part of campus. And I made new friends by going abroad my junior year--is that an option for you? In any case, it's a great thing to do, expand your horizons, etc.

Maybe try to find an OA meeting nearby? I've never been to one, but I wonder if it might help you meet new people while working on your eating struggles.

Also, check out the binge-free challenge thread! Every week, we keep each other accoutable to healthy eating habits. It's great to know there's a place I can go where everyone has the same goal as me, and they can support me and I can support them.

Good luck!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/180/150

Height: 5'8 ish

Thank you so much! i really appreciate it
ljox10 is offline   Reply With Quote