Old 05-02-2011, 08:40 PM   #1  
Lovin the way I feel!

S/C/G: 235(start IP 4/15/11)/tick/140

Height: 5'4"

Question WI #2 -Who's Scale should I follow??

I am wondering who's scale should I use?? Mine or my coaches?? Her scale shows about 2 pounds more than mine. Also she has her scale on a berber carpet area, not sure if this is effecting the weight? And its not the IP scale, its just a regular digital scale you step on.

So today was weigh in #2 and according to my scale I am down 3 pounds, according to her scale I am down 1.8 pounds. I lost an inch of my breast, an inch and half off my waist, no inches off my hips.
(I weighed myself after my morning pee and BM and I was not dressed at 8am, I weighed in at office at 9am nothing to eat or drink before I went, I was wearing very light cotton capri's and a t-shirt)
phall8180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #2  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by phall8180 View Post
I am wondering who's scale should I use?? Mine or my coaches?? Her scale shows about 2 pounds more than mine. Also she has her scale on a berber carpet area, not sure if this is effecting the weight? And its not the IP scale, its just a regular digital scale you step on.

So today was weigh in #2 and according to my scale I am down 3 pounds, according to her scale I am down 1.8 pounds. I lost an inch of my breast, an inch and half off my waist, no inches off my hips.
(I weighed myself after my morning pee and BM and I was not dressed at 8am, I weighed in at office at 9am nothing to eat or drink before I went, I was wearing very light cotton capri's and a t-shirt)
Hi...

Pick either scale but then stick to it. No two scales are exactly the same and we weigh differently all day long due to fluid intake, clothes, etc. I used my coach's scale while I was losing to keep me honest but now that I am in maintenance, I only have my scale to go by. You should lose the same number of pounds no matter which scale you choose. You'll just have different starting and ending numbers...and remember, they are just numbers. Go by how you feel and how your clothes fit.

Good Luck on your journey.

Lynn
woolberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I've been wondering the same thing!

My Coach's scale is also usually 1 to 2 lbs more than mine as well (except during my initial WI when they were teh same). For example yesterday, I was 153.6 lbs at home and 156.4 lbs at my WI.

I figure it doesn't really matter until I get really close to my goal and it becomes a matter of whether to switch phases or not. So currently, for Myfitnesspal, I am using my own scale but in my signature and stuff, I am using my Coach's readings for now.

When I use my scale, it is at home, first thing in the morning and without clothing.

When I WI, it is mid-day and with clothes. I also think that floor is carpeted but I don't really remember.

Going forward though, I am actually considering taking an average of the two and using that as my "official" weight. In this case, I would be using 155 lbs.

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-03-2011 at 01:06 PM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #4  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

My doctor's scale is always 2.5-3.0 pounds more when I weigh-in with them than on mine.

I weigh mine in the morning before food with no clothes

I weighed at doctor's after breakfast, lunch, water and with clothes on....

either way it was the same loss....from the same scale the week before...so if I was down 3.0 in the morning on mine....I was down 3.0 in the afternoon at doctor's (just different numbers)
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:33 PM   #5  
Lovin the way I feel!

Thanks everyone for your responses. I think I am going to go by my scale!
I weigh in the morning before clothes and food!
I think as long as I am seeing the numbers going down I guess thats all that matters, and the inches too!
Old 05-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 152.4/138/125.5

Height: 5'4-1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by phall8180 View Post

Is your coach using one of the IP scales that measures body fat, BMI, etc.? If so, they shouldn't be using it on carpet but a surface like tile or concrete. That could be making a difference.
lindacraig63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:53 PM   #7  
Lovin the way I feel!

Quote:
Is your coach using one of the IP scales that measures body fat, BMI, etc.? If so, they shouldn't be using it on carpet but a surface like tile or concrete. That could be making a difference.
No she is just using a regular bathroom digital scale, and yes its on a carpet. I thought that might make a difference and she told me it was calibrated for it and the Ideal Protein scale was coming...not sure when, they just opened in Jan. She didnt check my BMI or body fat % at begining either, I asked her about it on Monday so she just checked it, but didn't record it.