Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 05-02-2011, 03:24 PM   #1  
There's no fear...

S/C/G: 235/Tracker/140

Height: 5'3"

Question Weight Loss and Hypnosis?

I'm just throwing this out there to see if anyone knows anything about using hypnosis to assist with weight loss. I recently started using a mp3 track I got for free from Steve G. Jones for weight loss/improving my body image. I have to say that it has been easier for me to stay on track since listening on a daily basis. Has anyone had any successes or failures when trying hypnosis for weight loss? Any tips or recommendations? Please share!
Tricia Fierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

I have an mp3 of Paul McKenna,and when I use it daily,it seems to work.My problem is,I don't use it daily and then I tend to gain the weight back.I also have some cd's,but I need to convert them to mp3's,because I don't have anything in my house to play them on atm.
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 194/194/150

Height: 5'9"

I've been using Paul Mckenna's 'I can make you thin' book and CD for a week now. I love it! Even just after a week, not waking up in the morning and worry about what I can't eat, guilt over eating something, etc etc has been worth it. I feel lighter ( physically a little, but ALOT emotionally ). It's just my opinion, but yes, I think it really does work, but like anything else, you have to believe and commit to using it often, like an exercise plan - ick! I need to find a hypnosis program to get me to like exercising! Good luck!
lgna70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:41 PM   #4  
amber

S/C/G: 318/288.8/220

Height: 5'5"

This hypnosis session a whole 10 minutes maybe less is the only thing that got me exercising. Seriously, I hated working out. I've tried before. I listened to this 2 days in a row and since then I've been on the ball for a bit over 3 weeks. It's free to hear online, I listen to it on my speakers when all is quiet and I'm alone. The stress relief ones are good too. I have only listened to the Fun of Exercising, though I plan on listening to the lose weight and stay in shape one.

Either I heard this at the right time and woulda stuck to working out anyways (which is highly doubtful), or it simply saved my life and worked. Either way I'm working out!

Argh can't eave a link, just google "fun of exercising hypnosis" It's the 3rd down the page free-hypnosis-downloads is the start of the web address!

If anyone else does use it please let me know if you noticed a difference, it really pumped me up a lot.

Last edited by ButterCup85; 05-13-2011 at 10:42 PM.
ButterCup85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:48 PM   #5  

I had great success from seeing a hypnotherapist after years of struggling I was able to gain some control over my eating. That was a few years ago and I have slipped since then, although I am nowhere near as bad as I was before. Unfortunately my hypnotherapist had retired so I couldn't see him for a top up. I tried 3 other hypnotherapists and they didn't work for me.

If anyone is interested the hypnotherapist I saw was an NHS hypnotherapist who I saw privately. He told me from the outset the results I could expect and how many session I would need. The results being that I would lose 7lbs within a month and then 1 -2lb's a week after. I had to have 3 sessions within one month. He taped each session which I had to listen to every day - for those of you listening to Cd's and downloads he told me it wouldn't work unless I listened to the tape EVERYDAY!

One of the things I found most interesting was what he told me about the blueprint my mind had of my body. He said the mind used this blueprint as its reference for my body shape and worked towards it. He said it was common for people to start struggling with weight lose after a stone or so as the mind was still trying to maintain the old over weight blueprint. Everyday I had to visualise myself a couple of dress sizes smaller doing everyday things - the idea being that my mind took on this slimmer blueprint and started working towards that.
idealbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:48 AM   #6  
Love me.

S/C/G: 207/T/135

Height: 5'10"

I use Paul McKenna also and it really just helps me calm down and enjoy food more. Not to mention better sleep! Give it a try! It might or might not work for you!
AshleyLaurent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:22 AM   #7  
Bead Diet Beginner

S/C/G: 160/148/138

Height: 5'5"

I have no experience with hypnosis for weight loss, but I used it to quit smoking. I went for 1 session over a year ago and I never smoked again. I was smoking 2 packs a day before that.

Give it a try! Best of Luck!
NonSmokingFatty is offline   Reply With Quote