Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 07:38 PM   #1  
Starting over =]

S/C/G: 225/185/150

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Default Master Cleanse-anyone try it?

Hey guys!
I'm starting the master cleanse today and wanted to know if any of you out there ever tried it. What was your experience like? How much did you lose once you did it and how much did you gain back once you went back to regular food? I understand that this isn't a permanent weight loss tool, I'm just curious because of all the hype. Any tips, experiences would be great! Thank you!
Old 05-01-2011, 11:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'3

is master cleanse a brand or do you just mean detox??
Old 05-01-2011, 11:11 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Unfortunately, this has been something we have found to be unsafe and is something we do not encourage. I know a couple people that told me they tried it and developed permanent digestive issues due to it. Now I don't know if that is real because I'm somewhat dubious it could cause permanent damage but that was their experience.

Our last thread on this topic was closed by Suzanne 3FC and I'm going to quote her before I close this thread:
Quote:
The details of that diet scare me.

Feeling the effects of malnourishment are certainly not signs the body is being cleansed. It means you are doing something wrong.

There's no such thing as mucoid plaque. The term was created by an herbalist that wanted to sell his colon cleansers, after he went into the forest for a few weeks and came out with a vision. (At least that's how he claims it came to him) It's man-made hype. Ask any gastroenterologist and they'll tell you they've never seen "mucoid plaque" and they've actually been in there Go here to read more http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mucoid_plaque

The biggest medical experts out there agree that the body naturally cleanses itself as long as you eat a healthy diet. The body does not accumulate toxins (myth), and does not need detoxing. Get 35 grams of fiber (preferably from food, not supplements) and drink 8 glasses of water daily, and that's all your body needs. Someone designed our bodies very well

Since the original post in this thread has been answered, and since we do not provide support for this type of unhealthy practice, I'm going to close this thread. I hope I don't offend anyone in particular. It's just the nature of the internet to create buzz around fad diets, which makes them believable to many. But that doesn't make them safe, healthy, or make their claims true.
Closed Thread