Old 05-01-2011, 10:32 AM   #1  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Default 40-Something Chat. Happy May!

Just getting us started. Where did the beginning of the year go???

Today's weather forcast, instead of saying 'Rain, cloudy, windy' just says 'thunder' with a 100% chance of rain. Oh, boy!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/118

Wow - already starting the 5th month of the year! Whew... looking at it that way seems lousy that i'm down only 21lbs... oh well... better now than i was at the beginning of the year - and starting to be able to wear something besides sweats and other assorted pull on clothes!

Yea - beautiful sunny day here - taking Mom and her husband to dinner (it's her birthday today!) just finished a kick butt workout - now time to shower get the shopping done for the week and maybe take a walk.

Not sure why but i feel like i've earned a steak for dinner tonight - haven't had red meat in at least a month or so..

Once the shopping is done i'll have finished what i set out to do this weekend - hope you all have a good one!! Chins up be proud of what we've accomplished!!

I'd say collectively we're all down several hundred pounds since the beginning of the year!! at least a couple hundred! wow... did i take a happy pill this am or what?

ha ha ha - later gals!
SILLYCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:20 PM   #3  

wahoooo!!!

Just weighed in - 149.8 - ok really that's 150... but psychologically it's HUGE!!! below 150!!!
Old 05-01-2011, 05:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

I stepped on the scale today after about 2 months of not weighing myself (too scared). I found I went down from 192lbs to 189lbs! Woo hoo!

I really don't know how I lost anything - of course, it's a good time of the month for me to weigh myself. Probably in another week or two I will be bloated back up to 192.... I hope not! I really expected after gorging myself yesterday at a day long celebration that I would be pushing close to 200lbs.

So....I need to keep on track and not blow this little springboard....

Sillycat, I know what you mean...of course I am basically 190lbs - but psychologically it feels great to be in the 180s!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

hi, i would like to join this thread this month if you all don't mind.

hope to get to know you all soon.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:49 PM   #6  

Hi Zumbachica. I am new here too. I hope May will be a productive month for me and that there will be less of me in June!
Old 05-01-2011, 10:55 PM   #7  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

We heard someone saying that the West Memphis, AR levee broke today, but I can't find anything else about it.{ETA: Hubby found more on the flooding, but doesn't think the levee actually broke}. It rained a little today but most of the day was just overcast with a few sprinkles. We did some shopping, and ran some errands. {shopping being fun; errands being stuff we have to do, LOL} No workout!

Chica, welcome, glad to have you join us.

Guacamole, good job on you weightloss!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:42 AM   #8  
Passionate About Wine

S/C/G: 199.6/195.0/150

Height: 5'5''

Hello. I'm new to this forum and would love to join your chat. I've been lurking for a day or two so I thought I'd better say hi. Today marks 1 week since I started this journey. My short term goal is to fit comfortably into clothes I currently own for a couple of upcoming trips. Long term, I'd like to fit comfortably into new clothes (many sizes smaller) and have them look great.

It's crazy how much rain everyone has seen across the States. I live in Italy and usually we get the type of rain y'all are getting. So far this spring, we've been fairly dry.

I was lucky today, my husband had a work holiday (Italian Labor Day) so we spent the morning at the local market buying new vegetables to try. Now, he's working in the garden and I'm supposed to be putting away the groceries but I'm playing here instead.

I hope you all have a fabulous week!
apassionato di vino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:46 AM   #9  

Well.... wouldn't you know it - i probably ate 3000 calories yesterday... i'm soooo disappointed in myself..

But today is a new day - guess i just splurged..

Welcome apassionato and chica!

I miss Italy - i would go there to work and live in a heartbeat! the 3 weeks i spent were so fantastic
Old 05-02-2011, 08:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning. I hope everyone had a happy May Day.

I have been eating badly, so once again I am swearing off the bad stuff and getting back down to business. I feel like I'm in recovery for an addiction--I've heard that it takes multiple recoveries before it finally sticks. At least my weight hasn't gotten too high from my badness.

I'm going to try exercising this afternoon, instead of in the morning. Wish me luck--by afternoon I am usually tired and have no interest in working out. Hence the morning workouts.

Welcome, Zumbachica, Guacamole, and Apassionato. How about Zumba, Mole, and Vino? Spare my poor fingers.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:55 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hi all! Just look at all the new faces!! Welcome to all!! I'm not going to type much or try to do personals today as I had a little accident yesterday. I cut a big chunk out of my left middle finger while making potato soup. It is effecting my typing.

Good weekend. Althought I ate off-plan foods, I did limit how much I ate. Had cajun food Sat. night. It was so good. Looking forward to staying on plan this week.

Exercised Sat. and this morning.

Very cool and rainy weather here and it was welcome rain.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:17 AM   #12  

Hello everyone! I went out to play with my son and walk my dog this morning. Beautiful spring weather! So far, I am staying clean (I am like a junkie on drugs when it comes to food!). It's only the morning, so I hope to keep doing well throughout the day. It's hour by hour as to when the cravings will strike! So far so good.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:53 AM   #13  
Passionate About Wine

S/C/G: 199.6/195.0/150

Height: 5'5''

@Kittehmomma: Vino describes me perfectly. Wine... I love to drink. Whine... I try not to do it (too much )

@Sillycat: I won't lie, living in Italy is fantastic, although there are tons of things I miss about the States. Congratulations on your milestone!

@Guacamole: I'm sending all positive thoughts your way for there being less of you in June.

@Anniedrews: I'm sorry about your finger. At least you'll have fun showing off your injury -- or not.

@Patchworkpenguin: Try to stay dry, and happy. It's easy to let your spirits sag when the weather is yucky. Although, I do love playing in the rain with my kids.

As for me, I just made a big bowl of salsa with the freshest of ingredients. My plan is to use it on my salads in place of dressing. Unfortunately, my husband was being extra helpful and added a bunch of fennel for me. Now, it's all I can taste. We'll see what happens. Sometimes his enthusiasm for supporting my journey goes a little too far. But, he's sweet so I guess he can stay.

Have a wonderful day, ladies. In my neck of the woods, it's approaching evening and my daughter's orchestra is performing tonight. Please wish me ears luck!
apassionato di vino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:21 AM   #14  

@apassionato di vino: your life and the food in Italy sound amazing! I'm jealous!

Last edited by guacamole; 05-02-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:24 PM   #15  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Hello, everyone! Welcome, Zumba and Apassionato! And glad to see you here, Guac! Apassionato - hope you have a great time at the concert tonight and that she does well and enjoys it!

Had a busy weekend and overate yesterday (Sillycat, I'm right there with you on the higher food day yesterday, but CONGRATS on the below 150 reading!!!) ... back on track today. Tracked all the food - then went out for a coworker's birthday lunch and enjoyed Mexican. ACK. Have three points left for tonight. I can't do it on that so need to be active tonight and not delve too much into the weekly bonus points. Will go for veggies, etc. and hopefully not stray too far from program. Oops - I forgot, Vino! That's easier - but I like typing something that sounds passionate each day...brings a little spice to my typing! ha ha!

Annie - how's the finger? Do you need stitches??

Kitteh - Hang in there and get in a good workout - you'll be on that high for a bit and make good choices! Now for me to follow that advice, as well. REFOCUS!

PP - How's your week starting out? Rain here - again. Thru tomorrow, they're saying - and prbly into wednesday. Got up and did a pilates dvd this morning - hip was bothering me a bit so wanted to get it stretched out well instead of pounding on the treadmill. That can wait for tonight.

Now i'm STUFFED with chips/salsa/cheese enchiladas - a 17 point lunch. ACK.

CHALLENGE - 25 days until Memorial Day weekend... three and a half weeks. I've come to the conclusion that I will not have much thinner thighs in a swimsuit by then, but ... at least they're getting a bit toned.
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote